Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hi guys and thankyou all for your wonderful posts xx. It never ceases to amaze me how nice everyone is...apart from JoT of course lol! ;)
Well, today has been the best day for absolute ages, probably weeks tbh. I don't mean diet wise, although that was ok today, its just been the first time that I felt almost normal.
I was invited to lunch with my old school friend Frances, who I've known for 34 years. She's always been a good friend, and we can chat for England. Anyway, when I got there she'd prepared a totally sw friendly lunch, and it was gorgeous! Frances first introduced me to sw a few years ago, and we used to go together for a while. Then she stopped and started a bit, but it was hard for her as she doesn't need to lose much. And time is an issue for her as she's a teacher. So I stuffed this lovely lunch down me as quickly as poss as it was so tastey, and then I played with her son on the computer.
I came away around 4ish and called into mums as I knew Andrew was there helping her to put some fencing up! Had a couple of hours there and then came home to find Gwyn had cooked tea! Bless him. Andrew has his friend staying over tonite which I'm hoping will do him good. He's been v depressed since dad died.
Tonight I printed out the photos and newspaper clippings for dads memory board. Gwyn borrowed a big screen type thingy from Church today to put them on.
I'm actually gonna post my food as I actually kept track of it today!
Hope u guys are ok, lots of love xx

Todays food

Banana

Broccoli, mushroom and quark bake
Asparagus
Salad
Beetroot
New pots
Salad cream (2)
Strawberries/pineapple/kiwi
Natural gf yoghurt & sweetener.

Steak salad
New spuds
Beetroot
Salad cream (3)
Wine (6)
Yoghurt

Total syns (11)
Exercise none

Night all xxx SS

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hi Dawn,

What a star you are. So glad today was a better day. Even with everything else going on, it will make you feel better about yourself and that is always a good thing.

Don't worry about me, I'm having a really lovely time. I feel totally relaxed but I like keeping an eye on you and posting a supportive comment every now and again. Just want to make sure you're ok :)

Thanks for your comment on my thread. In some ways, the massive gains are 'good' because they can't possibly be real, so you can kind of ignore them. On the other hand, it's quite depressing just after a big gain like that because it just feels like such a big step back. Yes, I am the queen of big gains so I will support you if/when you have one ! Anyway, glad you're back on track because otherwise Jules will be after you with the scan bran :eek: !!!!

Gail x

It never ceases to amaze me how nice everyone is...apart from JoT of course lol! ;)

Hrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmppppphhh! :D

Glad you had a better day, Dawn.

See - I can be nice!

And you just tell those scales that you'll set me onto them if they're not nice to you.

They're Alicia's scales. They know me well!

gl12282 said:
Hi Dawn,

Yes, I am the queen of big gains so I will support you if/when you have one ! Anyway, glad you're back on track because otherwise Jules will be after you with the scan bran :eek: !!!!

Gail x

Lol! Scan bran...I'd rather chew on a brillo pad...!!!

Thanks Gail xx Think I'm heading for a gain tonite but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't seem that important xx So glad you're managing to unwind... its so necessary to do that sometimes to keep us sane! Really really hope you have a wonderful holiday, and I feel very special that u shud take time out of yr break to check up on me xx Thankyou xx

JimofTroy said:
And you just tell those scales that you'll set me onto them if they're not nice to you.

They're Alicia's scales. They know me well!

Ha ha! Reckon those poor scales are quaking in their boots lol!
Think the tactics for tonite will be:-

Starve today

Wear summer 3/4 lengths regardless of whether its pouring it down or snowing

Remove all belts, jewellery and undergarments

Stand on one leg

Breathe in

Bribe the wi ladies with chocolate

So I do have a cunning plan to fall back on! Xx

Hi Dawn :wavey:

Delighted to hear that yesterday was a good day :D And how kind of your your friend Francis to make a SW friendly lunch :) That's like my friend Sally on Saturday past, SW spag bol, mmmmmm She said ''oh you don't need to eat it all'' as I gasped at the amount she was piling on the plates; I just replied, ''Yes I do'' haha.

Now I don't know anything about JoT's scary scales but by the sound of things I'd be :gen125: & :hide:

I do like your plan of action for WI ;) alongside JoT's extra hints n tips :D It may not be as bad as you think anyway hun :D but will keep :fingerscrossed: for you, and legs too although they are almost permanently crossed with the amount of water I'm trying to get through these days :eek: :giggle:

Hope today is good too ;) xx

Ooh good thinking Sarah...

Do u think its too late for Exlax...? Lol xx

TwinkleToes2day said:
Now I don't know anything about JoT's scary scales but by the sound of things I'd be :gen125: & :hide:

Lol! She sounds tuff but really she's all soppy and sqidgey inside, bless her! ;) *braces for Jot onslaught* :)

TwinkleToes2day said:
Hi Dawn :wavey:

I do like your plan of action for WI ;) alongside JoT's extra hints n tips :D It may not be as bad as you think anyway hun :D but will keep :fingerscrossed: for you, and legs too although they are almost permanently crossed with the amount of water I'm trying to get through these days :eek: :giggle:

Well, I was gonna say PMSL but under the circumstances ....!!! Xx

Lol! She sounds tuff but really she's all soppy and sqidgey inside, bless her! ;) *braces for Jot onslaught* :)

You really are cruisin' for a bruisin', aren't you?

Are black eyes heavier, or lighter, than normal ones? I could always inflict a couple, in the interests of science, you understand.

Hahaha Dawn I love your list of things to do to be lighter! May have to try some of those! Another one I do is drink lots of water before 12 noon then stop drinking water and hope to wee it all out... Hmm we are silly aren't we! I remember reading someone on here saying they'd overheard someone saying they don't wash on weigh in day in case the water is absorbed or something?!?!

Lol. Good luck for your WI! xxxx

I remember reading someone on here saying they'd overheard someone saying they don't wash on weigh in day in case the water is absorbed or something?!?!

I'd have thought a good sloughing would be far more effective...less skin to be weighed?...:rotflmao:

Oh ye of little faith! You may mock you rotten lot!!! :rolleyes:

I only went and lost a pound!!! sooo....:Na_Na_Na_Na:

Yes, I may have a blocked shower due to the epilation of every hair follicle NOT on my head :0bathtime:

Yes, I may have blocked drains due to the ex-lax :sick0019:

Yes, I may have the first symptoms of pneumonia due to the wearing of 3/4 lengths in un-flaming June :character00264:

Yes, I did get arrested for indecent exposure due to the lack of under garments (with hind sight maybe the removal of my belt at wi, thus encouraging the dropping to the ankles of previously mentioned 3/4 lengths, was a mistake :d'oh: Not sure we will be seeing the vicar back at sw next week :faint2:

But.......................I LOST A POUND!!! :happy036:

Well done :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

:woohoo: Dawn! You go girl :banana dancer:
xx

Hi ladies...oh, and JoT! :rotflmao:

Another decent day today. I really think the trick is to keep busy, busy, busy.

Spent the morning sorting through all the scanning and photo copying I'd done for Dad's memorial board. We've got quite alot of interesting stuff for it, and then Shirley came round with a scrap book of photos of Dad playing and winning at bowls! That was the last sport he played before he became ill. She also said that while she was looking for the scrap book, she found an envelope addressed to her from Dad. Inside was a letter and a list of things that Shirley would need to do after Dad had gone eg. send his driving license back etc. :( Bless him, he did worry about leaving Shirley in a mess :sigh:

This afternoon I made a couple of cakes as it was food taster tonight. I made a vanilla sponge with a filling of quark/sweetener/white choc options and fresh strawberries, and a chocolate orange sponge with a quark/sweetener and orange extract filling. Both were pretty good and went down well at wi but my favourite was the strawberry.

It was nice at SW tonight as my friend Frances decided to rejoin, and Andrew came too despite not being too keen. He's had a bad time since Dad died & hasn't been eating properly, and he's had a few too many drinks too (takes after his mum :7834:), so it was no surprise when he gained 3.5lbs. But he was fine about it, and I'm certainly not going to be pushing him into trying to get it off again just yet. He will do it in his own time, when he's ready. I was very lucky to get away without gaining myself...I'm sure it was all my shaving/starving/poohing etc that did it! :rolleyes:

See you tomorrow folks xx

Todays food

28g fruit & fibre (B)
175mls s milk (1/2 A)

Slim a soup (3)

Selection of sw cakes at wi (est 8)
jacket spud
butter (2)
salad
salad cream (2)
21g mozzarella (1/2 A)

options hot choc (2)