Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Cats? Dogs? I know which I prefer.
The blumin' dogs used to wreck our garden in the UK digging up all our newly planted shrubs.
Our cats were too lazy to catch any birds and kept all the other cats out. Ever though of getting one of your own? Get one from a rescue home that was owned by an old lady! They only sit indoors most of the time but the other cats will give you a wide berth!

I'd love to get an old cat like that. Couldn't get any other cat though because I'm not home enough (and then because I'm not home enough I don't think it would be fair to get an 'old lady cat' because they would want people around.

Hope you're ok Dawn. I have been thinking of you.

Gail x

Hey bestie,
Bit late to the party but i'm very glad my cat is a house cat, no dead things for me (well as long as the bunny is securely seperated from her)

Hey bestie,
Bit late to the party but i'm very glad my cat is a house cat, no dead things for me (well as long as the bunny is securely seperated from her)

Oh, I remember about 30yrs ago, I had a gorgeous little black cat and as we live in a farming area I was always getting little 'presents' from her :hide:

My parents often came up on holiday and one day my little Smokey brought in a mouse. Mum was sat on a chair; I looked down and under, (the chairs had tall legs), and knowing what mum's reaction would be I couldn't help but :giggle: Wondering what I'd giggled at mum looked down too....
well I had never her move so quickly!!! :eek::whacky068::eek:

And of course all we all could do was
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

I'm sure she'd have made Daley Thompson proud :winner:
The air was blue of course :flamingmad: and I totally expected some :whoopass:
icon_lol.gif

Lol! Loving the cat story!

No cats for us I'm afraid...I like them but hubbys very allergic. The fur makes his chest tighten up and brings his asthma on, and his eyes go bright red and start streaming! But he's ok with dogs.
My ideal cat deterrent wud b to get another dog, but Gwyn wants to hav a break from pets as we've been thru a lot having lost both our dogs within the last few months.:'(

I do have allergys and asthma and i was really effected by cats as a child but we had 2 and i was fine with them (unless i rubbed my eyes after touching them) anyone elses though i'd come up terrible. I don't think i'd manage with out pets, Bella was a present from hunny after my breakdown when i couldnt leave the house so we have a special bond and Maisie has kept me sane the last few weeks. I think pets have the ability to heal without even trying x

My dog Holly has been my life saver whilst going through bad times. I adore walking her and it has been wonderful therapy. Well, sometimes adore walking her, she is a champion sniffer dog, so I now have one arm longer than the other, hehe!

I do have allergys and asthma and i was really effected by cats as a child but we had 2 and i was fine with them (unless i rubbed my eyes after touching them) anyone elses though i'd come up terrible. I don't think i'd manage with out pets, Bella was a present from hunny after my breakdown when i couldnt leave the house so we have a special bond and Maisie has kept me sane the last few weeks I think pets have the ability to heal without even trying x

I do so agree with this Nicki! I really miss having a :doggy:, but the house is quite crowded with people just now :grouphugg: and besides, my little one can't decide if he likes them or not, sometimes they bark, sometimes they don't :confused: so maybe when he's older. :fingerscrossed:
x

Hi guys,

Well I was so knackered last night I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to come on here! :eek:

Had a nice morning at church and then went to look at a car for Andrew but we weren't too impressed with it.

Then Gwyn went to choir practise & I decided to go for a run...in the park...in the rain:badmood: ...in the gale force wind that I could hardly stand up in :faint2:...

Damn near killed me! :ambulance:

Dunno what I did but it really HURT! I was doing well, wk 4 day 2 C25K, and just thinking I was finally getting the hang of it when I got this awful stabbing pain in my left leg near my knee. It was so bad I thought I was going to be sick or faint! Anyway I tried to run it off, then walk it off, but it really wouldn't go off. Trouble is I'm so stubborn, & I desperately wanted to complete 5k again last night, so I carried on. By the time I finished, I was in so much pain I didn't think I was going to make it back to car! But I did, & I struggled to drive home where I had a nice long soak in the bath :0bathtime:

I was hoping it would be better today but unfortunately it isn't so I've been dosing up on ibuprofen and paracetamol, and taking it fairly easy. I think I'm just going to have to rest up now until my race for life on Sunday and hope for the best! :fingerscrossed:

Some good news...we got a lovely little car for Andrew this afternoon :character00182: Its a dark grey Fiat Punto, 1.2l, and 8 years old. It's the exact model Andy wanted so he's a very happy bunny! We should be able to pick it up on Wednesday.

Right, I've waffled on far too long on here, and I wana go visiting diaries so here's my food. Take care ladies xx

Todays Food

42g all bran (B)
250ml ss milk (A)

cheese muffin (6)
banana

pork loin chop
sw chips
salad
salad cream (2)
strawberries
jelly (1/2)
1/2 fat squirty cream (2)
G&T (3)
Yoghurt

Total syns:- 13 1/2
Exercise:- not today but I did hobble 5k yesterday ;)

Here's some pics of my 2 babies...really miss them xx

Attachments

• DSCF0930.jpg
    DSCF0930.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0974.jpg
    DSCF0974.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Photo-0608.jpg
    Photo-0608.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Awwww. They are gorgeous. You must really miss them :(. I always say that we often spend more time with our pets than any other member of our family therefore not surprising that they leave a big hole.

Good news about the car :). Bad news about the knee :(. Please take lots of ibuprofen (with food please !) and rest (as well as ice if it's swollen) and don't try to do too much. Fingers crossed for the weekend.

Gail xx

Hi Dawn ive been reading your diary yesterday and today i have laughed and cried i think you are so brave i know what you are going though i lost my mum and mil to cancer its such a awfull thing.
You are doing great on your diet wish i could do as well as you, i feel so fat at the moment i have never been this fat i am trying to lose but its just not moving.
I tied doing c25k a few weeks ago only did day 1 and it nealy killed me, so well do for getting so far, hope yo knee is ok.
I have just started a diary on here to see if it helps me. speak soon sue xxx

Your pups looked so sweet Dawn. Bet they could melt anyones heart
wub.gif

Glad Andrew got the car he really fancied having :D and your search is over - phew! ;)

:character00264: Oucht Ouchy! Your poor knee :( Hope it's a little easier today hun :hug99: Don't risk doing any permanent damage by going on it too soon, too much or for too long. And you can actually walk the 'Race' for Life you know. You're not out there to prove anything to anyone hunni ;) So dinna be daft :crazy: and take care so you can do many more races :p

Hope your weather is as nice as it is here, which I am totally :bliss: about because it's school sports day today :woohoo: I shan't be doing any parent races tho' they shall be left for the young uns ;) :D

Have a great day :D:D
xxx

And You're not out there to prove anything to anyone hunni ;) So dinna be daft :crazy: and take care so you can do many more races :p

Aren't we???

Oh, well in that case...

I'll just do a very slow stroll round the park on Sunday, then. And no need to do any exercise this week to lead up to it either. Yay - I've just got my evenings back!

JimofTroy said:
Aren't we???

Oh, well in that case...

I'll just do a very slow stroll round the park on Sunday, then. And no need to do any exercise this week to lead up to it either. Yay - I've just got my evenings back!

Oh no you don't young lady! If I've gotta spend the next few days hobbling around in agony I don't see why you shouldn't lol!
Oh yes, and just to add insult to VERY painful injury...I've woken up with thrush! :( (And ha bloody ha to hubby who helpfully asked if I'd got a blackbird up there too!)

And pigeons would be even worse!

Or seagulls.

Albatrosses... (Albatri?)

Eagles...

Peacocks...

In fact, come to think of it, you've got off very lightly.

So I really don't know what you're complaining about!
That's the trouble with the youth of today.
(Well, if you can call me "young lady"!)
They just don't know how easy they've got it.
Now when I wer a lad...

(yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. You used to dream of living in a paper bag in t'middle o' t'road)

That last bit did make me chuckle!
Hope the pain in your leg isn't too bad!

Aren't we???

Oh, well in that case...

:nono: Excuse me, I was talking to Dawn - you know - the injured one :snooty: You're job is to run round, grab a drink and an energy bar and take them back to Dawn at least every hour or so :p:p :rotflmao:

And pigeons would be even worse!

Or seagulls.

Albatrosses... (Albatri?)

Eagles...

Peacocks...

In fact, come to think of it, you've got off very lightly.

So I really don't know what you're complaining about!
That's the trouble with the youth of today.
(Well, if you can call me "young lady"!)
They just don't know how easy they've got it.
Now when I wer a lad...

(yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. You used to dream of living in a paper bag in t'middle o' t'road)

A paper bag?! Luxury!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:nono: Excuse me, I was talking to Dawn - you know - the injured one :snooty: You're job is to run round, grab a drink and an energy bar and take them back to Dawn at least every hour or so :p:p :rotflmao:

Oh, I knew I had a purpose in life.
I just hadn't been sure what it was yet.

Right. So drinks & energy bars for the one with all the birds up her knickers it is.

Back