Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Oh, I knew I had a purpose in life.
I just hadn't been sure what it was yet.

Right. So drinks & energy bars for the one with all the birds up her knickers it is.

You may well get some :whoopass: when Dawn sees you next, you're very naughty, but is that your cunning plan
naughty.gif

Hmmm.......
:rotflmao:

saintsue said:
Hi Dawn ive been reading your diary yesterday and today i have laughed and cried i think you are so brave i know what you are going though i lost my mum and mil to cancer its such a awfull thing.
You are doing great on your diet wish i could do as well as you, i feel so fat at the moment i have never been this fat i am trying to lose but its just not moving.
I tied doing c25k a few weeks ago only did day 1 and it nealy killed me, so well do for getting so far, hope yo knee is ok.
I have just started a diary on here to see if it helps me. speak soon sue xxx

Morning Saintsue xx
Thanks for having a read and also taking the time to comment xx I'm so sorry to hear about your mum and mil...sadly along with many of my other friends on here you will know the suffering this awful disease causes to its victims, and the devastation and grief it leaves behind for family and friends to cope with :'( I'm very up and down, but managing ok by busying myself with all sorts of unimportant jobs that suddenly seem so important now! And I shall be back to work this week too.
Don't get disheartened if your losses are a bit slow atm hunni xx. I was at my heaviest ever weight when I joined in Jan, and I started off really well but my motivation wavered a little. That's when I decided to become more active on here and start a diary...what a wonderful decision that has turned out to be! You only have to read a few pages to see how much of a difference it has made not just to my dieting life but to EVERY part of my life. Even my hubby said what a super, caring little group of friends I have on here...none of whom I knew before joining the site, and only one lady (hahahaha...she will like me calling her a lady!) who I have actually met recently. Have a look at their diaries too...Capricorn, JimofTroy, Pommette, Jules, Gail...there's lots more but my memories rubbish and I'm on my mob so I can't scroll bak and see em, and they're all very inspirational women. Another lady who always has good advice is Twinkletoes, but even tho I've been on at her to keep a diary so I know where to find her she hasn't started one, yet!
I'm off to do the hoovering, get some thrush medication (yuk!) then taking Shirley to pick up her new car (shes finding dads is too big for her to manage) but I'll be back to find your diary later xx

Have a good day all xx

... and only one lady (hahahaha...she will like me calling her a lady!) ...

I'll be reporting you to the Trades Description police.

As well as the RSPB.

it's school sports day today :woohoo: I shan't be doing any parent races tho' they shall be left for the young uns ;) :D

xxx

Sports day cancelled/postponed until tomorrow as the ground is too wet after the numerous deluges of yesterday :sigh:
So it's sun dances all day today
nanashades.gif
hoping tomorrow is
sun.gif
too :D

OMG! I've just seen wot u rotten lot hav been writing on my diary!

ALBATROSSES???!!!

Seriously???!!!

PMSL! ... which is not good in my condition!

Twinkle...thankyou for defending me in my absence xx Good job there are still some REAL "ladies" left in this world...isn't it Jot?! ;)

And then of course there's my gorgeous bestie Nicki...who is sooo special to me she deserves a page all to herself! But be gentle with her today cos I think she may be nursing a sore head...which is still INFINITELY better than having the sore bits I'VE got lol!

oh bestie sore head doesn't begin to explain how truely terrible i feel. This is why i don't drink! As for your *ahem* sore bits :rotflmao: least its er fixable fairly easy!

OMG! I've just seen wot u rotten lot hav been writing on my diary!

ALBATROSSES???!!!

Seriously???!!!

PMSL! ... which is not good in my condition!

Twinkle...thankyou for defending me in my absence xx Good job there are still some REAL "ladies" left in this world...isn't it Jot?! ;)

Oi. Don't diss the Albatross. Ok?

The Ancient Mariner did that, and look where it got him!

Last edited:
Hope you've had some relief by now Dawn. That canesten stuff is supposed to be really good ;)

How's your knee been today?

I've tried to be extra extra good today as it's weigh-in day tomorrow :eek: but que sera sera ;)

Have a lovely evening
xx

Hi Dawn - hope the knee is better by Sunday. Ice-packs as Gail suggested should do the trick but please don't make it any worse by running if it isn't 100%.

See you next Tuesday (off to UK to see mum tomorrow - and only dial-up internet access). Big hugs hun

Hope the sore bits aren't feeling too bad x
Thanks Ginlin...sore bits still sore but surviving :rolleyes:

Hope you've had some relief by now Dawn. That canesten stuff is supposed to be really good ;)
How's your knee been today?
I've tried to be extra extra good today as it's weigh-in day tomorrow :eek: but que sera sera ;)
xx
Hi Mo...still waiting for the canesten to work. I took it this morning so :fingerscrossed: it will settle down by tomorrow! The knee is still playing up. Tbh I'm not even sure if it is my knee or my leg :confused:...but it does respond fairly well to ibuprofen.
Well done on behaving yourself today! :innocent0002: Hope it pays off tomorrow for you at :scale:

Hi Dawn, poor you, Hope the albatross and injured knee arent causing you too much bother! Your pooches are just SO cute!!! Xxxxc
Cheers Jules...I'm on the verge of wringing this ruddy albatrosses neck now :mad: lol! My little doggies were MUCH less trouble! :snoopyhouse:

Hi Dawn - hope the knee is better by Sunday. Ice-packs as Gail suggested should do the trick but please don't make it any worse by running if it isn't 100%.

See you next Tuesday (off to UK to see mum tomorrow - and only dial-up internet access). Big hugs hun
Hi there Pommette xx
Have a nice time with Mum hunni xx See you when you get back xx :)

Hi all,

Birdwoman here...tweet tweet!

So not the best start to the day when I woke up somewhat indisposed :eek:

But how comforting it was to know that I could confide in my lovely friends on here and not have the p*ss taken out of me :rolleyes: Yeah, right!!! :rotflmao: Honestly ladies you have made my day...seems quite a while since I've really laughed xx

Today was all about cars really. Gwyn took his down to the garage in town for its service while I waited for Shirley to come round. When Gwyn text to say he'd dropped the car off, been to the bank to sort the bank draft out for Andys car, AND got my rather important albatross killer, I drove with Shirley to pick him up. Then we went up to the Hyundai garage to pick Shirleys new car up, as she doesn't like driving on duel carriageways!
This afternoon we put some of the cat deterrent spikes on one side of the garden fencing and hopefully we can do the rest tomorrow.
Ok girlies...time to come visiting! xx Have a good day tomorrow xx

Todays food

42g all bran (B)
strawberries
175ml s milk (1/2 A)

home made veg soup

Taglietelli with passata, onions, mushrooms, garlic, cajun & bacon
21g 1/2 fat cheese (1/2 A)
salad
jelly & strawberries (1)

G&T (3)

Total syns:- 4 ... well it IS wi in 2 days :rolleyes:
Exercise:- none :sigh:

Hi Dawn, hope the *ahem* problem gets sorted by the meds and that the albatross goes back to the Southern Ocean soon!

Pommette said:
Hi Dawn, hope the *ahem* problem gets sorted by the meds and that the albatross goes back to the Southern Ocean soon!

Oh me too! Feeling like an aviary atm...! Xx

bexyboo said:
Hi Dawn,

Hope your doing okay!!! Hope those cat spikes work!! As much as I love cats, mine bring me in lots of little birdies too including pigeons and rats :( (not nice on my bed in the morning!!!) and my neighbour gets it too so know how your feeling!!!

Take care :) x

Hi becs, thanks for that xx. Gotta do the rest of the fencing today and then see what happens. I don't suppose it will keep em out completely but judging by poor hubbys arms last night, it should be pretty uncomfortable on that fence! Looked like he'd been leaning on a bed of nails!
Anyway, how are you doing? Have you got a diary on here so I can come visit? Xx

Ooo that's not too nice for him!!! Have you tried one of those cat scarer's as well?? Not sure if they work very though!!

I'm doing well thanks, had WI last night, lost 2lbs - please with that, only 2lbs away from my next shiny!!

I haven't got a diary on here yet! Maybe I will start one, but I never really know what to say!! Hehe!

Yours is always soo good, you have a way with the smilies to keep us all entertained!

Back