Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Yea Dawn!! Congrats and well done! You must be proud! x

Hey Dawn glad to hear the albatross is easing up a tad! Really enjoyed hearing about your race and looking at your pics! Hope you're ok today!! Xxxx

Hoping you've had a good day ;) and I also hope that your hips and other' irritating' bits are all feeling a little easier this evening :D

How nice it will be to see JoT's new avatar :D I am immensely surprised, pleased, but surprised she has agreed to give up her anonymity in such a 'normal' fashion :giggle: ;)

BTW, I am contemplating starting a blog rather than a diary ;) Only contemplating mind you. I don't want to bore anyone ;)

Thank you all for your concern over my aching joints and resident flock of feathered friends ;) I think I may have ejected a few now so only left with a few sparrows...puts a whole new slant on the phrase "spitting feathers"!!! :eek:

I'm very glad that work's over for today. It was one of the busiest days I can remember and I felt really awful as I couldn't give most of the crews much of a break. They were all so good though and no one complained...we are very lucky to have such a dedicated team.

Shirley sent me a text to say she was home from staying with her mum for a few days, but that she'd walked into the empty house and simply started to sob. It's hard for me to come to terms with Dads death, but for me it's more of a mental loss, and in my heart. Shirley also feels that, but she has to cope with the physical loss of not having Dad around too, and it must be so hard. I really feel for her, she's very lonely. We will see her regularly of course but there are bound to be long periods of time where she only has her own company. When she's a little more settled, I might suggest we look into groups like the village WI etc. or even getting a cat or dog so she has something to fill her time. What do you guys think?

I'm posting my food early as I might pop round Shirleys for an hour, but I'll be back on later hopefully xx

Todays Food

banana
milk in tea/coffee (4)

2 x ryvitas (1/2 B)
cottage cheese
velvet crunch crisps (4)
yoghurt (1)
apple

ww pasta meal (1 1/2)
42g 1/2 f cheese (A)
salad
salad cream (2)

alpen light bar (1/2 B)

Total syns:- 12 1/2
Exercise:-

See you later folks xxx

Hoping you've had a good day ;) and I also hope that your hips and other' irritating' bits are all feeling a little easier this evening :D

How nice it will be to see JoT's new avatar :D I am immensely surprised, pleased, but surprised she has agreed to give up her anonymity in such a 'normal' fashion :giggle: ;)

BTW, I am contemplating starting a blog rather than a diary ;) Only contemplating mind you. I don't want to bore anyone ;)

Hey Twinkle...you ARE living dangerously calling JoT 'normal' lol!!! I'm seriously thinking I have to meet up for a proper chat with this icon...it's a shame we seem to both be very busy atm :(

As for the diary...well I suppose a blog would be better than nothing ...:sigh: You certainly wouldn't bore us, that's for sure!!!

Oh Dawn, poor Shirley :hug99: It must be terrible for her , as you said, the physical presence of someone means so much. I definitely feel that joining a WI or Guild would be good for her offering the chance to meet other ladies and get involved with different activities. My mum really enjoyed it :) Also, a pet would be wonderful company, she'd have to make sure it was fed and watered, even if she didn't feel like having anything herself, but the chances are she would probably cook so they cook eat together, or simply so she could spoil it, especially if she had a dog :) Depends which she favours. Dogs help people to be more social though, imo. :D

I bet you'll be glad to put your feet up tonight after such a hectic day hun ;) Take care not to be out/up too late :hug99:
Mo x

Hey Twinkle...you ARE living dangerously calling JoT 'normal' lol!!! I'm seriously thinking I have to meet up for a proper chat with this icon...it's a shame we seem to both be very busy atm :(

As for the diary...well I suppose a blog would be better than nothing ...:sigh: You certainly wouldn't bore us, that's for sure!!!

Hehe :giggle: I bet it would be great fun meeting up with JoT, you're both such good company :D

I can 'hide' in a blog, it's within my profile, the diaries are kinda out in the open, more public. Sounds weird I know, I don't explain myself very well most of the time, but I know what I mean :crazy:

Hey Dawn,
Just catching up on diaries. Firstly a massive well done with your run. You did so amazingly well and you looked great in your outfits. You're so teeny too. Do you have any before photos that you could post? I would love to see the difference.
Poor Shirley. That must be horrific. I definitely think she should get a pet for company but also if she likes dogs, then she has to go out for a walk with them so least that takes some time up each day and forces some form of routine. Would she do some sort of volunteer work? My mum does 2 mornings in Marie Curie shop which gives her some company but also giving something back to the community. I know hospitals sometimes are looking for help in the shops or advice table when you go in. It's worth looking into it if Shirley would like to meet new people.
What are these Velvet Crunch Crisps you have? Where do you buy them from? I'm so peckish right now. Not sure reading food diaries is they best idea really!

Take care x

Hi Twinkle,

Thanks for your comments and ideas for Shirley hunni xx You make some really good points, and I shall chat to her about her situation. She phoned about an hour ago and sounded very down. I offered to pop round but she's very tired from the bus journey back from Norwich so she's going to have an early night. She's worried about her 94yr old mum who is becoming more and more forgetful and confused, and is being tested for Altziemers :( There are plans in the pipeline to arrange for her to go into a residential home. She's an absolutely wonderful woman and we're all pretty worried about her.

I understand what you're saying about the blog and about it being a little more private. Maybe start with the blog and see how you feel? xx

Take care xx

Hey Dawn,
Just catching up on diaries. Firstly a massive well done with your run. You did so amazingly well and you looked great in your outfits. You're so teeny too. Do you have any before photos that you could post? I would love to see the difference.
Poor Shirley. That must be horrific. I definitely think she should get a pet for company but also if she likes dogs, then she has to go out for a walk with them so least that takes some time up each day and forces some form of routine. Would she do some sort of volunteer work? My mum does 2 mornings in Marie Curie shop which gives her some company but also giving something back to the community. I know hospitals sometimes are looking for help in the shops or advice table when you go in. It's worth looking into it if Shirley would like to meet new people.
What are these Velvet Crunch Crisps you have? Where do you buy them from? I'm so peckish right now. Not sure reading food diaries is they best idea really!

Take care x

Hiya Penny!!

Thanks so much for you really helpful advice...you have hit on something actually :D I think Shirley would be a great volunteer at Dads hospice. They're really desperate for helpers there. I do remember her mentioning some time back about possibly helping out there...I will bring it up when the time is right...thanks xx

That run on Sunday was so much fun, I don't think I've properly recovered from it yet! Not just the aches and pains :rolleyes: but the whole adrenalin rush & the feeling of doing something positive.

Glad you liked the piccys lol! Did I really wear bright pink lol!!! I do have a few "before pics" in 2 albums on my profile...not many cos they're horrible, but they do show a difference. I still have a way to go though, about 1.5 stones, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel at last! :happy036:

Just for you, heres my pics...

last year...
45524-albums3246-picture18957t.jpg

Xmas 2010...
45524-albums3246-picture18969t.jpg

June 19th 2011...3.5st lighter
45524-albums3258-picture19049t.jpg

GetAttachment.aspx

I found the photos !!! WOW. You just look so different. And SO much younger (I hope you see that too ?). You are fab.

Sorry to hear that Shirley is finding it difficult. I think the idea of volunteering at the hospice is a good one however it may be too soon for her at the moment and they may make her wait a while before she can. Sometimes it's helpful to focus on others because it takes away from what you are going through but then it can also bring it all back and if that happens especially around others, it's not good for her or them. But it may be something to work towards in the future. In the meantime there are lots of other opportunities and I think it would be good for her to have something to concentrate on. It won't bring your Dad back and it won't stop her (or you) from missing him but it will help to fill her time and give her something else to think about at times.

Twinkle - if you decide to 'blog' or 'thread' please let me know. I would definitely follow. I thought no-one would be interested in my drivel but somehow they are (or at least pretend to be...............:p)

Gail x

Last edited:
I found the photos !!! WOW. You just look so different. And SO much younger (I hope you see htat too ?). You are fab

I so agree with this Dawn, I hope I look half as good in time ;)

Twinkle - if you decide to 'blog' or 'thread' please let me know. I would definitely follow. I thought no-one would be interested in my drivel but somehow they are (or at least pretend to be...............:p)

Gail x

Thank you Gail, that's a lovely thing to say. I do admit I haven't read your diary yet, but then I haven't found it yet either ;)
Note to self: TRY HARDER :rotflmao:
'night all
Mo x

I found the photos !!! WOW. You just look so different. And SO much younger (I hope you see htat too ?). You are fab.

Sorry to hear that Shirley is finding it difficult. I think the idea of volunteering at the hospice is a good one however it may be too soon for her at the moment and they may make her wait a while before she can.

Gail x

Hi Gail xx
Oh I can see you and I are definitely going to get on like a house on fire...I like that "younger" bit lol ;) I do actually feel a lot better for losing the weight so far, as you must do. I'm so tempted to try the dress on that's hanging up in my wardrobe which is my goal "size". I wore it for a wedding in London about 4 years ago, and loved it, but I soon got too fat for it :cry: But I refused to get rid of it, and it's one of the incentives that's keeping me going. When it fits I'll post a pic :)

I agree with you that it's too early for Shirley to get involved with the hospice. It may be something to consider at a later date. We have to get Dads ashes back soon...:cry:

I hope Twinkle sees your comment about her blog/diary :D I don't know why she thinks we wouldn't be interested in her "doings" ... her posts are always full of good advice.

xx

Thanks Jules! Think vicki is about 3 st lighter than me but if u say so...lol! Xx

Hi penny,
Sorry forgot the velvet crunch! Theyre in Tesco, sweet Chilli flavour or cheese and spring onion (my fave) and only 4 syns xx

Here they are...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110622_080636.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110622_080636.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 21
Hi Dawn I'm sarah, congratulations on your weight loss I've just seen your pics you look fab, oh and velvet crunch are my favourite crisps too.x

Hi penny,
Sorry forgot the velvet crunch! Theyre in Tesco, sweet Chilli flavour or cheese and spring onion (my fave) and only 4 syns xx

Now you really, really shouldn't have posted that!
I absolutely love Velvet Crunch, and haven't had a packet since starting SW :eek:
I can see me being dragged to the crisp aisle in Tesco this morning, kicking and screaming!....lol x

Back