Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Delicious sounding meal, and a cooked breakfast to look forward too, plus puppy hunting, you lucky girl xxx

But as is life, something always comes around to take the smile off our faces :(, really sorry to hear about your son and his gf xxx

Thanks ginlin,

It never occurred to me that they'd ever split up! Infact when he rang yesterday saying he'd got some news, I thought he might have proposed to her! But they both seem ok with,the situation...it looks like I'm the one who's most upset!

We're on our way back home now after a rather filling breakfast. It's an absolutely gorgeous day...hope its nice in northampton. No plans until tonight when I shall go and watch Gwyns choir concert.

And I'm hoping to hear if we can go see this little pup tomorrow. Very exciting! Xx

hey bestie, sorry not been around much been reading but not commenting so i'm pretty upto date. Puppy shopping sounds like, by far the best shopping ever, i'd love a little west highland terrier always wanted one but not allowed dogs in the house and its bad enough with a naughty bunny and cat. x

Hi Dawn - sounds like you had a lovely time in the hotel. Where abouts in Staffs are you going? Lived there for 20 years before we came here.

Sorry about son - but the course of true love never runs smoothly. Coming home again should be interesting for you all if he's been away for a while. Our friends daughter did the same thing when she split up with her bf but only survived 2 weeks at home with mum and dad. Said they went to bed too late for her and kept her awake with their talking. Cheek of the girl! :D

Thanks ginlin,

It never occurred to me that they'd ever split up! Infact when he rang yesterday saying he'd got some news, I thought he might have proposed to her! But they both seem ok with,the situation...it looks like I'm the one who's most upset!

We're on our way back home now after a rather filling breakfast. It's an absolutely gorgeous day...hope its nice in northampton. No plans until tonight when I shall go and watch Gwyns choir concert.

And I'm hoping to hear if we can go see this little pup tomorrow. Very exciting! Xx

It's very difficult being a parent in these situations. I know my parents went through hell between me and my brothers.....broken engagements, divorce, etc.
But if they are not happy, I admire them for making the difficult decision, it can be all to easy to just be swept along, but makes a strong person, to make a clean break and a fresh start x

Sorry to hear about your son Dawn. It can't be easy but it is better that they separate now then further down the line when other people could be affected and they are beyond being able to be amiable friends. It doesn't take away from the sadness though.

Good news about the little doggy. Fingers crossed you can go visit tomorrow
x

Hope you had a lovely day today. Fingers crossed you are viewing doggies tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about your son but if it wasn't right for them both, better now than later.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Morning all,

Thanks as always for your wise words and comments xx.

Dan popped round yesterday and we had a quick chat. He and Katy seem to be getting on better now that everything is out in the open, and they're quite enjoying eachothers company now that the bf/gf thing has been removed. I just hope it stays that way as they're both lovely kids. I do agree with you all that its far better this has happened before they had got married, got stuck with a mortgage, or had children. And I told him how proud I was of them both for being honest with eachother, and how brave they were to have made the decision to split, when it was probably easier to just stay together being miserable and covering up how they really felt.

It will be interesting when he comes home as he hasn't lived here for over a year. I think there may be a bit of a "settling in" period for us all!!

I think its Burntwood we're going to to view the puppy. I'm excited but apprehensive at the same time. I had a bit of a guilt thing last night tbh, as although its me who would like another dog, it will be Gwyn who's doing all the toilet training, walking etc when I'm at work. And more than likely he will be paying out more for her in the way of insurance etc. So I did speak to Gwyn last night and told him I was worried I may be being pretty selfish by almost forcing a dog onto him, but he said not to worry. So we shall be popping out to see this little girlie soon, and I must try not to let my heart rule my head! ;)

Try not to let your heart rule your head? - If you do resist those lovely cute little bundles, you are a stronger woman than me;)

Hi Dawn

Well done on your loss, super duper girly! Don't feel embarrassed, you must share things like that, we all need and like to know this info!

Oooh a puppy, let us know how you get on.

Have a lovely day xxxxxx

Hello!
I finished reading your diary today after reading it at work (on a v.quiet day, honest!) and I thought I'd better stop and say hello otherwise I would technically be a stalker....

I've just joined minimins officially, although I've been stealing recipe ideas and all sorts from the various diaries on here for a while, as I'm hoping it will help me with my weight loss - it's slowing right down now and I seem to have gone from super excited about a 3lb loss to being gutted when its only a STS or a -1lb each week!

Anyway, just want to say you are such an inspirational lady, and hats off to you that you continue on the SW path with all the other nasty business going on in your life. Your personality and caring nature really shines through your words and it has been a pleasure to read.

Might post on here every now and then, if only just to kid myself that I'm not silently lurking... :)

Lauren
xx

Hi Dawn - sounds like you had a lovely time in the hotel. Where abouts in Staffs are you going? Lived there for 20 years before we came here.

Sorry about son - but the course of true love never runs smoothly. Coming home again should be interesting for you all if he's been away for a while. Our friends daughter did the same thing when she split up with her bf but only survived 2 weeks at home with mum and dad. Said they went to bed too late for her and kept her awake with their talking. Cheek of the girl! :D

It won't be the talk sound of talking that keeps Dawn's son awake if you ask me:eek:

Heh heh I'm getting good at this Dawny;)

Hi all...

Well...how could we resist her...;)

Attachments

• DSCF1232.jpg
    DSCF1232.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF1233.jpg
    DSCF1233.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 40
Oh what a gorgeous pup!!! Sooooo jealous!! Lovely!!

Sorry to hear about your son and his gf. I'm sure it will be for the best if they're both so ok with it. Sad that you're disappointed though, I remember my mum was very sad when I broke up with my first ever boyfriend at the age of 17. She said she had come to love him as her own son! Lol. Xxxxx

I found your diary! I will start from the beginning, but thought I'd just say hi. The pup is beautiful!

Awww that pup is gorgeous, she looks sooooo cute n cuddly, I want one!!!!

Shame about your son and his gf, but it does sound as if they are being very mature about it. My parents were shocked when me and my first bf split up, but it's just one of those things when you are young. At least they sound like they are both getting on with it without any bitterness.

xxx

LittleSausage said:
I found your diary! I will start from the beginning, but thought I'd just say hi. The pup is beautiful!

Hi Little Sos!!!

How are you doing hunni? Xx

Thanks for having a looky looky......
Have u nodded off yet...!!! ;)

Back