Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Wotcha, all.

I'm obviously needed around here: there's far to much cutesy NICEness going on.
Somebody needs to spoil it.
Guess who?

Well here I.am. I'm still not very here, but lurking.

And you'll never guess where I am at this moment. Quarter to midnight on a Thursday - and I'm in the cinema!
They're putting on a double bill of the 2 parts of Harry Potter 7. Just done Part 1, starting at 9.20. Part 2, which doesn't come out until tomorrow, is on at 00.01!
Fortunately I haven't got to go to work tomorrow. I'll be shattered.
DD has got to go to school, but she only has about 3 lessons on a Friday, so she'll cope.

Right. Well it's almost time for my film. Exciting!

Oh, and well done on your loss, Dawn. You're a real star.

xx.

(That doesn't constitute being nice, by the way!)

:8855: Brilliant!

Wooo! Well done for that 1.5lb loss, Dawn!
As for dog names, I could give you a few although I love the name Suki. That was the name of my pony when I was a kid in Argentina.
I have 3 dogs, (HRH Queen) Tula is my german shepherd ***** and Sam is my german shepherd dog and Schnarf is my lab (pics of Tula and Schnarf here).

What's the Shepherd in LS? The little cart thing?

Well done Dawn on the 1.5 loss, that's great, I'm sure Andrew will be catching you up next week. Your plans for your Dad's birthday today sound just right, I think you give wonderful support to Shirley, she's lucky to have you. xxx

Guys, I just want to say a big thanks for all your lovely messages about Dad. Tbh I feel a bit teary for the first time today...probably just reading your kind comments :)

Anyway, we shall celebrate a super Dad and husband tonight, and if any of you would like to join us in a little drink later then you have my permission for a syn free glass of wine (or whatever takes your fancy) in dads name! ;)
Love to you all xx

Thinking of you today dawn x x

Evening all xx

Bit tipsy now tbh so short and sweet tonight :drunk: then I'll probably try to come visit if I stay awake long enough! Apologies in advance if I write anything stupid...having a bit of a job to write ANYTHING now lol!!! :8855:

After a very quiet day at work, I picked Shirley up and we went to the graveyard to lay some flowers with Dads mum. Then we came home and had a rather nice meal washed down with a couple of bottles of white, and a nice sloe gin. We put a lovely photo of Dad on the table, and wished him happy birthday :cry: The rest of the evening was spent chatting, talking over old times and planning for the future.
As I was a little the worse for wear, Andrew offered to take Shirley home, and I'm sitting here with gorgeous hubby watching 'who wants to be a celebrity millionaire', still somewhat inebriated but fairly ok :confused:

So, food today was good but drink is pretty naughty...

Todays Food

42g all bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

egg salad
rice
salad cream (2)
yoghurt
apple banana

steak and kidney casserole (1)
carrots
peas
spuds
Butter (2)
wine (16)
gin (2)
meringue nest (2)
strawberries/raspberries

Total syns:- 25 :rolleyes:
Exercise:- not a chance

Enjoy your Friday night ladies (and Steve) xx

Anyway, we shall celebrate a super Dad and husband tonight, and if any of you would like to join us in a little drink later then you have my permission for a syn free glass of wine (or whatever takes your fancy) in dads name! ;)
Love to you all xx

Dawn - raised a glass or two myself to you, Shirley and your dad and will definitely not be counting the syns.

What's the Shepherd in LS? The little cart thing?
Bess - I think I know the answer.
Shepherds often suffer from hip displasia and arthritis which means their back ends give way and cause an otherwise healthy dog to be immobile - and can often lead to them being put down. These things help support their hips and walk - hopefully pain free.

Sounds like you had a lovely night Dawn, and it's true, wine for celebrating doesn't have any syns;)

xxxxxx

Morning ladies xx

Ooh...sore head Jules :( 2 paracetamol taken washed down with a cup of tea. Just trying to summon up the energy to get out of bed and in the shower. Well...its only 10am! And I can hear its pouring down outside so that's not exactly encouraging me!!
Still, was a nice night considering. Thanks for joining us too :)

Ok, I'm going for it! Head's a bit better so let's see if I can make it to the shower...

I'll be back...hopefully!!!

Hope you feel better soon Dawn! Hair of the dog and all that? :D

Bess - I think I know the answer.
Shepherds often suffer from hip displasia and arthritis which means their back ends give way and cause an otherwise healthy dog to be immobile - and can often lead to them being put down. These things help support their hips and walk - hopefully pain free.

What happens when the dog is taken out of that contraption then? Will it be in pain? Is this the result of irresponsible breeding?

Last edited:
Back