Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Glad the roulades went down a treat! :) sorry you guys didn't get a look in- how rude!

Was wondering what this sw banana and coffee mousse was all about?! It sounds so yummy!

Also how was wi? Xxxx

Evening all!!!

Blimey...no secrets here!!!

Well...

I stayed the same...phew! :faint2:

Frances put 1.5lbs on... :(

and Andrew lost 4lbs!!! :bliss:

We had a lovely evening actually, although I was a bit annoyed that out of a class of around 25 people, only 4 of us took food in :mad: What's wrong with people? They were all quick enough to get to the front of the queue to fill their plates!!! :rant2:
Anyway, it was very nice.

And work was ok too, but it got even better when I met up with JimofTroy for :coffee: We had a good natter & put the world to rights :blahblah: I think we could've chatted all day if we both hadn't got to go back to work!

Anyway, I'll post my food quickly and then come visiting xx

Todays Food

28g bran flakes (part B)
150ml 1% milk (part A)

salmon salad
salad cream (2)
ryvita (rest of B)
yoghurt
banana
velvet crunch (4)

jacket spud
bacon
mushrooms
21g 1/2 f cheese (rest of A)
tom sauce (2)

options hot choc (2)

Total syns:-10

Wooooo. Well done on sts and excellent work Andrew, fab stuff! Can't believe only 4 people took food in. That is awful. We always have a great turnout and people ALWAYS bring food. In fact I dont think anyone stays if they don't bring it. Our taster evenings are like full blown meals. You don't need to go home and have dinner afterwards.
Some people have a cheek eh. Oh well, have a lovely evening x

Glad the roulades went down a treat! :) sorry you guys didn't get a look in- how rude!

Was wondering what this sw banana and coffee mousse was all about?! It sounds so yummy!

Also how was wi? Xxxx

Hi Jules xx

It was from the 100 delicious desserts book :) It was nice, but I'm thinking of tweaking it and using an options hot choc instead of the coffee...I really fancy a nice banana/choc mousse!!! I made mine with black coffee so it was free but if you make it with white then it would probably be a syn...

1 sachet gelatine
142ml / 1/4pt cold strong coffee
1 banana mashed
sweetener to taste
283g / 10oz low fat natural yoghurt

Sprinkle the gelatine into a bowl containing 6 tablespoons of very hot water. Stir well until dissolved.
Stir in the coffee and mashed banana and sweeten to taste.
Pour into a bowl and chill for about an hour or until just beginning to set.
Add the the yoghurt and whisk until light and fluffy.
Pour into 4 individual glasses and chill for a further hour until set.

It was nice, a proper creamy mousse, but maybe a bit bitter for me. So I'll make it again with hot choc options (probably wont need sweetener) and let you know what its like! xx

MMmmm sounds lovely! Will defo be giving that a go! Thanks for sharing Dawn! You're a star :)

Is the coffee very bitter then? Even if you're a coffee nut like me? Xxxx

MMmmm sounds lovely! Will defo be giving that a go! Thanks for sharing Dawn! You're a star :)

Is the coffee very bitter then? Even if you're a coffee nut like me? Xxxx

Ps is the banana not synned? Xxxx

Well tbh I'm not sure if you're supposed to put milk in the coffee or not. I didn't, so that might have made the difference to thw taste :confused:
I'm assuming you're supposed to put milk in as it didn't actually say black coffee, and the recipe did say it was 1 syn per serving, but I thought if I didn't add milk it would be free?

As for the banana, the recipe makes 4 servings, and it's not cooked. So I can't see that it's synned as it could just as well be sliced on top instead, but I could be wrong :confused:

Wooooo. Well done on sts and excellent work Andrew, fab stuff! Can't believe only 4 people took food in. That is awful. We always have a great turnout and people ALWAYS bring food. In fact I dont think anyone stays if they don't bring it. Our taster evenings are like full blown meals. You don't need to go home and have dinner afterwards.
Some people have a cheek eh. Oh well, have a lovely evening x

Exactly what I thought!
I don't think you should be invited to sample the food if you haven't been bothered to contribute!!!

I must admit a few weeks ago they had a taster evening that i didn't know about so when i went i didn't take anything so i left, while i was waiting to be weighed i could hear everyone in class going ooh what did you bring in and most of the members said oh nothing but they were quite happily munching away and you could see how pissed they were, had i of stayed to class i wouldn't have tried anything as wouldn't have thought it was fair to the ones that bring in.

Well done on staying the same this week dawn x

ginlin said:
When are you collecting the puppy?....Has she been named?

Officially we should pick her up 2 wks on Sunday cos that's when she's 8 wks old. Trouble is I'm working on the following Mon, Tue and Wed and I really want to spend loads of time with her, so I was thinking of asking the breeder to keep her till the thurs as I have a week off then. It's gonna drive me mad to have to wait those extra days, but I can't help thinking its the sensible thing to do. What do you think?

Oops...nearly forgot...looks like we're sticking with Suki xx

shenzi said:
I must admit a few weeks ago they had a taster evening that i didn't know about so when i went i didn't take anything so i left, while i was waiting to be weighed i could hear everyone in class going ooh what did you bring in and most of the members said oh nothing but they were quite happily munching away and you could see how pissed they were, had i of stayed to class i wouldn't have tried anything as wouldn't have thought it was fair to the ones that bring in.

Well done on staying the same this week dawn x

Hi Shenzi xx

I suppose there will always be some members like yourself who honestly don't know its a taster evening, but our c always has a good talk about it the week before, and emails everyone who's online.

I'm just staggered that only 4 of us made anything! Actually that's a lie! We have a married couple who come, and the husband made some potato fritters out of smash...but his wife said they were so awful she wouldn't let him bring them lol!

skinnydawn said:
Officially we should pick her up 2 wks on Sunday cos that's when she's 8 wks old. Trouble is I'm working on the following Mon, Tue and Wed and I really want to spend loads of time with her, so I was thinking of asking the breeder to keep her till the thurs as I have a week off then. It's gonna drive me mad to have to wait those extra days, but I can't help thinking its the sensible thing to do. What do you think?

Oops...nearly forgot...looks like we're sticking with Suki xx

I think that would be nice one of the things we regretted about Shenzi when we did was that we were working everyday that week so it meant she had to get left on her own for a few hours i used to feel terrible for her, however had we had been there all day everyday for a few weeks/days then went back to work i think it might have been a little harder for her.

shenzi said:
I think that would be nice one of the things we regretted about Shenzi when we did was that we were working everyday that week so it meant she had to get left on her own for a few hours i used to feel terrible for her, however had we had been there all day everyday for a few weeks/days then went back to work i think it might have been a little harder for her.

That's very true...I suppose there's 2 sides to it really.

Simba was on her own in the mornings for 3 hours each working day when we got her. It never seemed to bother her too much, but we did have cats to keep her company. Actually we had 23 pets at one stage so there was never a dull moment lol!
I don't know. Gwyn will be here anyway, but I didn't really want him to be having to do all the house training/cleaning up etc too. Especially when it was me who's gone on and on about getting another dog!
I'll see what he thinks xx

If gwyn is going to be there then i say wait until you are off work for a week gives you time to bond!

Love the name suki! Can't wait to hear all the tales she will bring over the next few months! X

shenzi said:
If gwyn is going to be there then i say wait until you are off work for a week gives you time to bond!

Love the name suki! Can't wait to hear all the tales she will bring over the next few months! X

Thanks Shenzi xx

Yeah, I want her to know her mummy as well as her daddy! Don't think I could concentrate at work for the first few days we have her anyway lol!

Agree! my Shenzi is a real daddies girl and Im so jealous lol

Back