Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Officially we should pick her up 2 wks on Sunday cos that's when she's 8 wks old. Trouble is I'm working on the following Mon, Tue and Wed and I really want to spend loads of time with her, so I was thinking of asking the breeder to keep her till the thurs as I have a week off then. It's gonna drive me mad to have to wait those extra days, but I can't help thinking its the sensible thing to do. What do you think?

Oops...nearly forgot...looks like we're sticking with Suki xx

Suki is a lovely name x
Definately wait until the Thursday. Bertie was nine and a half weeks when we collected him, because we had been away for two weeks. All the other pups from the litter had gone at eight weeks, and Bertie was living in the owners house and was practically housetrained by the time we collected him. x

Aww, can't believe it's coming around so quickly til you get your little pup. I agree you should probably wait until the Thursday tho, just imagine how much more you would miss her knowing she was bonding with hubby before you!!!

Well done on your STS too, and for getting back into the running! xx

Thanks ladies for the words of wisdom on the doggy front xx

I'm definately not going to pick her up until I have my time off. I wud be sooo jealous of Gwyn lol!

Still on the taster night, I actually took a big dish of coronation chicken in as well, and they troughed that! And another lady made two dishes too!

And to top it all, when Andrew and I finally got near the food, there were no bloody plates left and I had to go to the bar and ask to borrow some from the kitchen lol!

Hello there xxx

Yay!!! I love Friday nights!!! Curled up on the settee, had my wine, and chatting to my mini mates! Perfect!

Work turned into a bit of a nightmare this afternoon with the hospital giving us the wrong address to take a patient home too :eek: but it was sorted, eventually :mad:

I was pretty pleased with myself today as I resisted jam doughnuts (brought in by a crew) and fish and chips (brought for Hayleys farewell lunch). I was completely :innocent0002: and sat there with my super noodles and apple lol!

Have no plans for the weekend...love it when it's like that! :talk017:

Todays food Green

42g weetabix crunchy bran (B - not had this before and it was very yummy)
150ml 1% milk ( 1/2 A)

super noodles
21g 1/2 fat cheese (1/2 A)
velvet crunch (4)
yoghurt
apple
banana

3 eggs
salad
new pots
salad cream (3)
mint choc mousse ( 1 ... same recipe as banana/coffee mousse but swapped these for 22g mint options...very nice. Will try vanilla yoghurt next time instead of natural...)
wine (6)

milky coffee (A)
hi fi bar (B)

Total syns:- 14

Last edited:
Hi Dawn - have a lovely weekend.

My only plan is to chill out after 2 nightmare days at the apartments. May go down to the beach. Not been yet this year!

Off to bed now so goodnight & happy posting

Hi dawn well done on resisting! Have a lovely weekend relaxing! X

Thanks ladies!

Well I've woken up to the most fabulous morning...it looks beautiful out there! Not that I'm actually up yet...don't want to disturb hubbs, but I'll probably go and make a cup of tea in a min.

I'm thinking maybe a spot of gardening after the housework...or a walk up to the fruit and veg stall at Wyevale. Might clean the carpets...might not lol!

Well I wish all you gorgeous ladies a lovely Saturday...
I'm off to make a cuppa xx

I can't tell if it's a nice day here yet - my blinds are closed... Hoping it is tho, I left washing out overnight... oooops

And I have bed sheets which need doing...

Happy weekend xx

I should leave it till the decorators have finished anyway Emmaline...you know what they're like sometimes! Xx

ginlin said:
Carpet Cleaning?.....Now that is something I need to do!:(

I don't actually mind doing it...but the machine sends me deaf after a while! Why does it have to be so LOUD?!

Haha! You're probably right there Lynne.
I've just finished doing downstairs...can't do upstairs as Andrew worked last night and is working again tonite so he's sleeping now. Still got ringing in my ears! And I just said to gwyn, its the first time I've emptied it and it hasn't smelt of dog wee! But the next time it probably will do! Our old girl simba was incontinent for 10 months before she died in November, and the machine was bought because of her, and was used on a daily basis. But its taken 8 months for the water container to stop smelling...2 weeks before we get our new puppy lol!

Fortunately we don't have the dog wee problem, just lots of dirty muddy paws!
I was going to order some cleaner for the Bissell this morning, but they've brought a new one out called professional, and I normally use the pet odour & stain remover, so can't decide what to do:confused:

I think Suki is a lovely name :) Judging by what we have just been through with our new little pup I would say definately leave it until the Thursday! Especially if she takes a while to settle at night because that is the last thing you need if you have to be up early for work the next day.

Well done on resisting the temptation of the doughnuts and the fish and chips that is a big achievement because I doubt you would not of given it a second thought before you started sw :D

Hope you are having a great weekend minus the carpet cleaning :(

x x

Back