Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Well done on the running, Dawn. I agree with what everyone else has said about those kids sounding like right t**ts. I've had similar just from walking down the road. Pathetic. Problem is they are gone before you can retaliate!!

Sure you will be fine for WI too, if you can wander about in shorts, you can do anything!!! I struggle with shorts due to thigh chafing!! Maybe if I ran/cycled some more it would be less of an issue!! xx

Cheers Laura xx The lads didn't bother me too much...they were going a helluva lot faster than me lol!!!

I had the same problem with my thighs :mad: In fact, that was one of the things that made me rejoin SW when I did. My brother, who's 6ft tall and 17 stones gave me an old pair of jeans for Andrew last year, but Andrew didn't want them so I tried them on and they fitted :eek: so I wore them quite a bit. Then at xmas I noticed, to my horror, that my thighs had rubbed together so much they had worn the insides of the jeans to the point of being threadbare :cry: That was the point I decided I wasn't going to buy an even bigger pair ...so I patched them and went back to SW. I've still got them in the wardrobe...when I get to target I'll post a piccy xx

I have a really old exercise bike which I think might have helped a bit with thinning my legs down a bit, but they're still FAR too wobbly for my liking!!!

Will we be seeing pics of the chic new haircut? I am getting a groupon cut and colour soon, eek- dicing with death?!

Exercise bike sounds good, so you noticed the diff in your thighs did you? And the running must be helping now! And like Pommette said youll soon so the ten mins... Heck, Soon you will be able to run after those rude boys in the car and catch up and deliver a well timed witty retort to their inane comments!

Will we be seeing pics of the chic new haircut? I am getting a groupon cut and colour soon, eek- dicing with death?!

Actually mine is very boring...just the same style but shorter lol!

Exercise bike sounds good, so you noticed the diff in your thighs did you? And the running must be helping now! And like Pommette said youll soon so the ten mins... Heck, Soon you will be able to run after those rude boys in the car and catch up and deliver a well timed witty retort to their inane comments!

...or just tw*t em one lol!!!

:rotflmao:

Oh off for a few days... Lets hope the weather is kind to you and you can get out and enjoy it.
I bet you have lost a good amount this week with all the extra exercise you have been doing! Keep it up :D

Michelle x x

Hey Dawn,

Well done on the running. 8 mins 40 'not that much' - you're joking ????! It's 8 mins 30 more than you or I could do when we started and feels like forever when you're doing it.

Claridges sounded yum (can't remember your name and can't look at it on the phone) - what did you eat so that I can drool ?!

Jim - I love your threats but didn't know what to wish for !!!! Would miss you if you left........;)

Gail x

P.S. Suki looks a little less like a guinea pig..............:p

Sent from my iPhone

Good luck for tonight Dawn and enjoy your well deserved few days off.

Bless Shirley liking your hairdresser! Mind you I despise having my hair done as I don't trust hairdressers (one too many a bad hair cut!) so defo worth holding on to a good one when you can!!

Food as always sounds delish xx

Hi Dawn! Hope you're having a good day! Hasn't been a very nice day for running has it?! I was meant to be doing a 5k with my friend but I really didn't fancy going out in this! X

Well???????
Update, please?
Some of us have so many things crossed that it's uncomfortable even to sit down, and it isn't helping us to get anything done.

Hi Guys!

Well, tonight was a bit of a disaster :eek:

I gained 1/2lb!!! :mad:

I'm struggling to know what I've done wrong or different from all the other weeks :confused: A sts last week, and a gain this week...and no idea why. My c has suggested I cut out the 3 or 4 cans of diet coke a day I've been drinking recently due to the heat. And also cut my syns to a maximum of 10 per day, maybe try 1/2 or 2/3 sf with each meal, and watch my portion sizes. So I have quite a lot that I can try in order to get things moving. She also thinks I should be setting a target soon too...I was hoping to get to 10.7 as my target and then see how I feel.

So I was feeling a bit sorry for myself, but now I'm home I feel much more positive. I've been very lucky to have had a large weight loss (4st 4lb) in a relatively short period of time (7 mnths) so I have absolutely no cause for complaint. I'm totally on plan, and have been since the very start, so it's not a case of losing interest or struggling in that way. It's just a bit of a nuisance, and a challenge! :rolleyes: I've always advocated this diet and I know it works...I just seem to be having an elongated blip!!! :banghead:

Anyway, the fairly good news is that Andrew sts which is ok, and the very good news is that Frances lost 3.5lbs and got her 1/2st shiny! :bliss:

Tbh, I think I've been on a bit of a downer today anyway. We are taking Dad's brother home from hospital by ambulance tomorrow. He has brain, lung and kidney cancer, and is on oxygen intermittently. He can barely stand. It's all come about so quickly, and only 2 months after Dad died. It's just so sad and so soon.

And then to top it all, I had an email from the breeder to say Suki had her first vet check yesterday, and her jabs and microchip, and the vet found she has an umbilical hernia :( Apparently it's quite small, and the vet said it can be stitched back when she's spayed at 6 months of age. I went to see our vets today, and they confirmed it was a very common problem and shouldn't cause any problems once she's been operated on. We're still going to have her, but it's just upset me a bit that she has this problem :sigh:

So, all in all, not the best of days but I've definitely had worse. Although I really think it's about time things started to go right for us ... there comes a point when you get sick of putting on a brave face all the time. :sigh:

Anyway...time for Todays Food EE

28g all bran (B)
125ml 1% milk (part A)

ryvita (rest of B)
salmon
salad cream (2)
yoghurt

king prawn stir fry
soy sauce
sweet chilli sauce (2)
strawberries/pineapple
yoghurt
wine (8)

milky coffee (rest of A)

Total syns:- 12

Dawn I'm sorry you've had a horrid day.

I wonder if your body has got so used to SW and that may be why things aren't moving at the moment. I don't actually know how it works but I was thinking about Capricorn. She's always mixing things up to try and confuse her body and it's working brilliantly for her.

I'm so sorry about your uncle. It will be really painful for you coming so soon after your dad.

The umbilical hernia really isn't a problem. It is very common. The vets will remove it when they spay her. The hernia is where they cut to do the spaying so they have no option but to remove it. In the litter that we bred we had one pup with an umbilical hernia and we decided to keep her. She had it removed when she was spayed and she was fine. I don't think it cost anymore than if she'd just been spayed cos they don't really do a lot extra.

What a shitty day!, and I was moaning about mine!
Too much heartbreak, and all at once!
Give yourself a chance to get around the personal issues, and just go with the flow of the SW plan at the moment, the basics are embedded in you, so you aren't going to go t*t's up on it, just trust yourself;)
Yes, I think maybe you should set a target, mine jumped on me this week, after I realised, that I did not want to be as scrawny and haggered as I was at my WW goal!....We are the same height, and I dropped to 10st 7lbs then, which was 8lbs under my goal weight, and it was way too low!:eek:

Oh honey I'm sorry you've had a rubbish day.
No idea why you've put on. Could you perhaps up your water intake? I know that helps me. You have pretty varied meals so maybe just try a few things your C mentioned, and lets hope you get a big loss next week that you deserve. You have done amazingly well but also at the same time you deserved to lose this week. Don't be disheartened though. Keep the exercise and food up, and I hope you get what you deserve.
Very sorry to hear about your uncle. It really is a cruel disease and world. Big hugs. I definitely agree you deserve some luck or just not bad luck in your lives.
As for Suki, poor little thing but like others have said it's not a major op and i'm sure she doesn't even know she has it. Just means even more cuddles and love she deserves from you both :)
Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Not long until the weekend now x

Aw Dawn .. what a tough day.. your allowed to take the brave face off and get a bit of TLC yourself . Your little pup will be fine but I understand why you feel a bit sad shes not perfect ..makes her extra special..So sad about your uncle..sending you hugs..Youve had a tiny gain but as you say, in the run of things , thats nothing compared to the 60lbs youve lost !! Ive heard many times how people on all diet plans have unexplaned slow patches.. but ALL of them that stick with it get there ...and so will you with that determination ..

Heck, Soon you will be able to run after those rude boys in the car and catch up and deliver a well timed witty retort to their inane comments!

Or a cuff round the lugs!

Oh honey I'm sorry you've had a rubbish day.
No idea why you've put on. Could you perhaps up your water intake? I know that helps me. You have pretty varied meals so maybe just try a few things your C mentioned, and lets hope you get a big loss next week that you deserve. You have done amazingly well but also at the same time you deserved to lose this week. Don't be disheartened though. Keep the exercise and food up, and I hope you get what you deserve.
Very sorry to hear about your uncle. It really is a cruel disease and world. Big hugs. I definitely agree you deserve some luck or just not bad luck in your lives.
As for Suki, poor little thing but like others have said it's not a major op and i'm sure she doesn't even know she has it. Just means even more cuddles and love she deserves from you both :)
Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Not long until the weekend now x

What PJ said with an extra hug. :) Gail reminded me that Suki does look a bit like a guinea pig now, so cuddly and fluffy. It'll be lovely when you have her, hope she'll still smell all biscuity and puppyish! As you work in an office, you could even take her with you to work, perhaps when she's older she can lie in a box under your desk? I used to take one of mine a long time ago.:) x

Hello my love - you do seem to be having a real shitty time. I think everyone's else has said it all so just lots of ((( HUGS ))) from me.

Re STS/Gain.
I think you do EE all the time don't you? You have done amazingly well on it but I just didn't lose much at all. I over-carbed!!!

Your body almost certainly is getting used to it after all these months and it gets harder to lose a pound. I worked out when I started that a 1 lb loss represented less than 1% of body fat. Now 4 stone lighter it's almost 2¼% - get the idea!

Definitely time to mix it up imho. Chuck in some Red days - these really help my weight loss. And maybe cut out the puds for a week or so and see if this helps. Sorry !!! Try lots of melon and berries instead.

Re Coke.
There is heaps of discussion on the web about whether caffeine is a diuretic or not. You need to have HUGE quantities of it to do this. BUT I know when I overdose on coke / caffeine my weight loss seriously grinds to a halt. Try NAS squashes and water instead. Far better for you!

Hope this gives you some food for thought (excuse the pun!)

Chin up chica - you will get there and you know it! In fact you are almost there anyway!

PS When you started a pound was 1.06% loss and now it is 2.94%

Last edited:
At the risk of being NICE - I'm sorry you've had such a gnawful day.

My daughter has a window sticker which is dog- shaped, and says "Some days I just wanna pee on everything".
There just are days like that, aren't there?

And I'd go for the opposite advice to Alicia. (Don't I always?):
Have a real blowout. Eat curry, or Chinese, or lots of chocolate or biscuits. For a day.
Then get straight back on plan.
It's unconventional advice (surprisingly!) - but how often do we do it unintentionally, and then are amazed that will still lose?
You've been so good for so long, and maybe your metabolism could do with a bit of a shake up. Give it something to work on.

By the way, this is definitely NOT standard SW advice!

Hugs - but of course not NICE ones!

And I'd go for the opposite advice to Alicia. (Don't I always?):
Have a real blowout. Eat curry, or Chinese, or lots of chocolate or biscuits. For a day.
Then get straight back on plan.
It's unconventional advice (surprisingly!) - but how often do we do it unintentionally, and then are amazed that will still lose?
You've been so good for so long, and maybe your metabolism could do with a bit of a shake up. Give it something to work on.

By the way, this is definitely NOT standard SW advice!

Hugs - but of course not NICE ones!

Actually - this has worked for me in the past too. Had a real blow-out chinese and lost big time!

Hey Dawn. Sorry about your bad day, as usual you are admirable in how well you've coped with it all and kept it together. What a star.

Oh and as for the gain, I have had many weeks when I've first started doing a lot of running again after a period of not running that I gain. Then as soon as I have a week where I haven't done much running, I have a bumper loss. could that be a factor?

I do like the idea of a day off plan ! :) but if you're like me, I'm always to nervy and obsessive about the whole thing to do it, so if you feel like that maybe you could try a few green or red days, some different healthy extras you've never had before maybe, try new foods??? Could work?!

Back