Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hey Dawn

So sorry, you have had a such a crap day! :( :hug99: Thinking of you!

And as for Suki, poor thing, but as the ladies said above she will be fine with it! Buddy never had his removed, it is quite large now - well about an inch long, his previous vets never even noticed it, not even when he was done! So he is 9 and a half still with his hernia bless him! :)

Hope your day is going better for you>

Take care

xx

have just read through your diary, im so sorry about your uncle - and so close to losing your dad as well - life really is cruel sometimes :(

im now quite ashamed about the moany, self indulgent ramblings in my own diary .. i have only known you 'virtually' for cpl weeks but its quite clear you're someone very special - you are so selfless, always there with an encouraging word, trying to boost peoples confidence, and putting a virtual arm around them when they need picking up .. i will think twice now about what i post, need to get a grip and realise that there is so much worse going on around me - i need to stop feeling sorry for myself and start making some changes

i personally think the diet coke and additional fluids are to blame for your small gain - i always feel really bloated after coke, so try and avoid it now .. i bet you get a good loss next week ;)

.. and dawn, thanks again for your encouraging words on my own diary .. i really appreciate it, you're an inspiration :)

Last edited:
:hug99: bestie, sorry things have been rubbish and sorry i'm not around so much anymore, but you have lots of lovely peeps here so i hopfully i'm not missed to much! ;)

Hi dawn,

I hope today has been better for you, sorry about everything yesterday, i don't know how you stay so strong, and i don't need to tell you to keep going because we all know you are so determined, we are all here for you anytime you need us.

Emma x x

Hey Dawn - sorry I've not really been around this week, struggling to keep up with everything at the moment...

So sorry to hear about your uncle, you must really feel like the s**t is hitting you right now. I hope things calm down and that once you get Suki, things will be looking up and you can have some good luck :)

Sorry about your gain too, it knocks you when you feel like you've had a good week. That said you have had an amazing 7 months lady and done sooo well, as the others have said, maybe your body is just used to it now.

Hope you have a nice weekend planned xxx

Sorry you had a pants day honey. Sending you a big ole hug.
That really is sad about your uncle, its such a terrible illness. xx

I always STS or have a small gain as soon as I up the anti on exercise, so I guarantee that you will have a good loss next week or the week after. Persevere hun - you have done so well.

As everyone else suggested, maybe chuck in a few red days - mix things up?

Hope today has been better sweetie xx

Hi Dawn,

Bless you for listening to my ramblings tonight......! As you know, I can really talk and talk and you got the end of that. I'm surprised you got a word in edgeways ;)

However I just wanted to say as many others have before me, you are one truly amazing lady who has a massive amount to be proud of. Look back on what you have achieved and be very very proud. As I said earlier, 2 weeks does NOT make a trend (speaks the scientist :)). So carry on as you are, be proud of the inspirational person you are both here and in 'real life' and look forward. This is just a part of your journey and one that will make you stronger. I have had a few gains now but like you, didn't have any until 6 months into my journey but it's a part of me and helps to show me just how hard I've worked to get where I am.

So keep it up lady and continue to show us all what you're made of.

Big hugs for you and for your lovely husband who has spoilt you today :D.

Gail xxxx

Hi lovely ladies xx

Sorry for my miserable post yesterday...you didn't deserve to be on the receiving end of my moaning! :eek:

I'm blown away by all your lovely comments and wonderful words of wisdom. What a kind lot you are xx. Everything you have said makes a lot of sense to me, and I'm going to try a combination of your suggestions...

I'm cutting out the diet coke & try to drink more water
I'm going to knock my syns down to no more than 10 (ish!)
I'm going to try and mix my food up a little...new recipes/do the odd red or green day instead of just EE
I'm doing a minimum of 1/2 plate sf but preferably 2/3rds
I'm increasing my intake of fresh fruit as a dessert
I'm going to eat more spinach!!!
I'm going to stop worrying about it & trust the plan that has worked beautifully for me since January!!!

So, I have flowers for tillymax :flowers:, Lynne :flowers:, Penny :flowers:, Diana :flowers:, Bess :flowers:, Bev :flowers:, Sarah :flowers:, Emmaline :flowers:, julesm :flowers:, bexyboo:flowers: , D'lashes:flowers: , .Nicki.:flowers: (you are missed bestie x), shenzi :flowers:, Laura :flowers:, Nattymo :flowers:, and Gail :flowers: ...:thankyou: Hope I haven't missed anyone out xx

And Gail, thanks for the chat tonight. You always make so much sense and when we talk I feel like we're old friends. It's no wonder that you're so highly loved & regarded by us all xx :hug99:

And thank you too for the advice about hernias and little Suki :doggy:. I had an email from the breeder offering me her vets phone number so she could reassure me further about her condition. She also offered to pay half of any expenses if a problem should arise before Suki can have her surgery, as she won't be covered by the insurance. And having read up a bit more on hernias, and also reading of your experiences, I'm a lot more reassured and happy about it all.

I haven't spoken to my Auntie Sue about Dave today. I thought it best to let her get him settled back home again without too much interruption.

Now I shall tell you about my day. We had a lay in, with the customary cup of tea. After a bit of tidying up etc. Gwyn said he thought we should go and look at some kitchen work tops and sinks, so I assumed we'd be going down to the local B&Q store which is only 10 mins away. But no, Gwyn said he wanted to go to Wicks which is further away, so although I thought it was a bit odd I went with him. We saw some very nice work surfaces and came away with lots of literature. Then as we were going back to the car, he suggested we go next door to Hobbycraft as I'm looking for some silk flowers to replace the real ones that were on Dads funeral football wreath. So we had a look round but couldn't find anything suitable. Then he suggested we pop into Matalans as they sometimes have silk flowers in there, so in we went. Well, no sooner had we got in he said "I'll look for the flowers...you have a quick look at the clothes" and he was off! Now Gwyn knows I hate clothes shopping, as it's always such a traumatic experience when either there's nothing big enough for me, or it just looks horrendous. So I avoid it, and haven't been for ages, preferring to just carry on with my old stuff. But I showed willing and began to look at the rails as they had a sale on and there was actually quite a lot of nice stuff there. Then Gwyn came back over with a couple of tops he thought I'd like, and I tried them on for size...they fitted :D And they looked nice!] :) And they were 12's :eek: I mean I know Matalan are very generous with ther sizes but it said 12 on the label so that's good enough for me lol! :8855: So I tried a few more things, and eventually came away with loads of tops, a skirt and a dress. I have to confess I think I got a bit carried away, & I'm a bit worried as the dress is above the knee & I haven't worn a dress that short since I was 19 :faint2: Not sure I've actually got the courage to wear it out yet though, but it does look lovely hanging in my wardrobe lol! :rolleyes:

So it turns out that it was always naughty hubbys intentions to get me into Matalans today to try and give me a boost, a reminder that I have come a long way, and that it's not the end of the world to have a bad couple of weeks. He's a crafty sod! But it worked!!! And I love him to bits!!!

Anyway, I have gone on far too long :eek: Time post my food & head up to bed...but I'll probably be on my phone for a bit. Apologies for not being around on your diaries yesterday girls...I was so fed up with having such an all round sh*t day I couldn't trust myself to write sensibly :ashamed0005:

Todays Food Green

2 x wm toast (B)
butter (2)
marmite
250ml ss milk (A)

no lunch...shopping! ;)

SW cannelloni (A) piccy below
salad
salad cream (3)
strawberries/melon with yoghurt

Total syns:- 5

Attachments

• sw cannelloni.jpg
    sw cannelloni.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 24

Attachments

• fresh spinach.jpg
    fresh spinach.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 13
. . . Sorry for my miserable post yesterday...you didn't deserve to be on the receiving end of my moaning! :eek:
Rubbish - we all have shitty days when we need to let off steam.
And in your case yesterday I think just a tad justified

. . . Then Gwyn came back over with a couple of tops he thought I'd like, and I tried them on for size...they fitted :D And they looked nice!] :) And they were 12's :eek: . . . So I tried a few more things, and eventually came away with loads of tops, a skirt and a dress. I have to confess I think I got a bit carried away, & I'm a bit worried as the dress is above the knee & I haven't worn a dress that short since I was 19 :faint2: Not sure I've actually got the courage to wear it out yet though, but it does look lovely hanging in my wardrobe lol! :rolleyes:
Wear it, lovely lady, it will look even better on you than hanging in your wardrobe
So it turns out that it was always naughty hubbys intentions to get me into Matalans today to try and give me a boost, a reminder that I have come a long way, and that it's not the end of the world to have a bad couple of weeks. He's a crafty sod! But it worked!!! And I love him to bits!!!
Yes you HAVE come a long way. 60 lbs gone and still counting and the rest WILL go. Just let your body adjust. And in a Size 12 Whoopee!!!

Give Gwyn a hug from me and tell him he passes the Pommette test (a man that actually understands his wife!) and you have a ((( hug ))) from me too

Hey Dawn

Do not make apologies for your post hun! We are need to let loose every now and then and glad we are here to listen.
You have done AMAZINGLY well, coping throughout with everything life has thrown at you, and its been more than your fair share.

I am glad yesterday was so much better for you. Gwyn sounds like a diamond, what a thoughtful man. And check you in the 12's misses! Wowee!!

Glad you are feeling more positive about Suki too.

Hope you have a fab weekend, and I am so looking forward to Thursday (not to the scales mind - as I have another birthday celebration tonight. Me - milking it - never :D ), and I am sure you will have a more positive visit to the scales.

Keep smiling x

Size 12!! That's amazing!! Good on gwyn for getting you in there, Ive got a new business opportunity for you gwyn teaches husbands and partners how to treat their wives and girlfriends because frankly dawn he's sounds like a complete dream! Have a lovely week dawn i hope everything goes better for you this week x x x

Aww bless you lovely hubby :) Enjoy all your new skinny Dawn clothes ;) xxx

Pommette said:
Try this

SPINACH

I love it!

Ooh...lovely recipes Bev, thankyou! Laying in bed with a cuppa and discussing tea with Gwyn...I'm going to cook this tonight! I'm sure we have some salmon fillets in the freezer, if not it will be chicken. I'll let you know how we get on later! Xx

Thanks also for your really positive comments on my ramblings yesterday! And I WILL wear the dress... when I'm feeling brave! It's not that short really...its just that all my others come down to my ankles!

And Gwyn says thankyou very much for the hug! Xx

Last edited:
Oh Dawn, Gwyn is amazing! And finding stuff you like too!! Now how many can say their hubby/OH's can do that?? Hehe!! I am sure you will look super gorgeous in the dress too! :D And a size twelve... *dreams*

Don't apologise for any of your posts, we're all here to support you.

Also glad your feeling better about little Suki too! Not long now! :)

Hope your okay today - wearing your new clothes!? :)

Have a good day :)

xx

Hey Nat,

Thanks...yeah I'm feeling so much better about things now. It takes a lot to get me down as I've had some really sh*tty things go on in my life, so it was a shock to me to be feeling so lousy. Anyway, postitivity is key word now! Diet is still on track and Suki is going to be fine I'm sure. Sadly I can't do anything for uncle Dave, but he has his close family looking after him. I feel I should leave them in peace to have their time with him, the way that I needed to be with Dad.

So looking forward to meeting you on Thursday! I'll probably be late...nearer 5.45 ... as its a work day for me too and I'll try to change out of my uniform beforehand, but we'll still have time for a good ole natter! Could always have a quick drink in the pub after if u want, or food! Xx Oops...leading u astray already lol! Xx

shenzi said:
Size 12!! That's amazing!! Good on gwyn for getting you in there, Ive got a new business opportunity for you gwyn teaches husbands and partners how to treat their wives and girlfriends because frankly dawn he's sounds like a complete dream! Have a lovely week dawn i hope everything goes better for you this week x x x

Lol! Thanks Shenzi!

He's not bad I suppose...;)

And I think he quite fancies your business idea! Only trouble is I'm quite high maintenance and I'm not sure he can spare the time lol!

You have a great week too! Xx

Maverick said:
Aww bless you lovely hubby :) Enjoy all your new skinny Dawn clothes ;) xxx

Thanks Laura xx

Back