Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Fantastic Dawn! Fancy being in the 10s .... am insanely jealous.... :jelous:

In my best Sally Army impression "Come and join us, come and join us" lol

I'm so happy for you Dawn. I think that it's entirely your decision as to whether to send in your story to the magazine (because I know it's not something I'd want to do for me) but if you did I would support you 100 % (and let me look at your story before you send it in !). You are such a superstar, I am just so made up for you :D

Yay. Will try and ring over the weekend if you're around ?

Gail x

As your agent and advisor, I will have to approve any article for the usual % of course.

You don't think I motivate for free do ya?;)

I'm always around for you hun!!!

Yeah, the magazine would be fun to a certain extent, but I'm not sure about opening up wounds that have hardly even begun to heal. And, I need to learn how to keep this weight off, cos I've never succeeded before. I was just saying to Steve, I'm not in a rush to stop losing as I don't know how I'm going to maintain! It's one thing saying no to chocolate, cakes etc. etc. when I'm dieting, but when I'm maintaining I might say yes, and I don't know yet whether I've mastered the portion control yhing yet! :eek:. But at the same time, I am very proud of myself, and if my experiences could help anyone else in a similar situation then that would be great.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I've got loads to do as we're having the elderly chap from Church and his daughter round for dinner on Sunday so I need to do LOADS of housework tomorrow and sort the food out. I'm doing an orange glazed gammon joint with roasties, veg, and a creamy leek sauce, followed by a trifle and maybe a fresh fruit pavlova. But as Les's daughter is a vegetarian, I'm also going to make a lentil and nut loaf. Never made one before so I hope it's ok. I thought I'd get all the veg prepared tomorrow and set the table so I have a little more time to get organised for Sunday. The food isn't really sw friendly, but I think I can still stick fairly to plan.

Ooh, I forgot to say that Andrew lost a pound last night and my friend Frances lost 2.5!!!

Todays Food EE

42g crunchy bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

mug shot
apple
peach
banana
yoghurt

bacon
2 boiled eggs
21g 1/2 fat cheese (rest of A)
salad
salad cream (3) sorry Steve!
fresh pineapple/banana/melon with yoghurt (1)

Total syns:- 4

I'm always around for you hun!!!

Yeah, the magazine would be fun to a certain extent, but I'm not sure about opening up wounds that have hardly even begun to heal. And, I need to learn how to keep this weight off, cos I've never succeeded before. I was just saying to Steve, I'm not in a rush to stop losing as I don't know how I'm going to maintain! It's one thing saying no to chocolate, cakes etc. etc. when I'm dieting, but when I'm maintaining I might say yes, and I don't know yet whether I've mastered the portion control yhing yet! :eek:. But at the same time, I am very proud of myself, and if my experiences could help anyone else in a similar situation then that would be great.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend.
Ooh, I forgot to say that Andrew lost a pound last night and my friend Frances lost 2.5!!!

I 'get' all of that above. Well in which case the magazine is not the right thing for you now. But maybe in the future if you feel differently. If not, then you can just continue to inspire a select group of us here :D

Great news :). Have a really lovely weekend. If I ring and it's not the right time, feel free to either ignore the call or tell me straight away that it's not the right time and we'll find another one. Not a problem.

Speak soon. Big hugs. Night night............zzzzzzzzz

Gail xxxx

Im new to the site but your diary is brilliant. I love how open you are :) I shall be trying the lasagne receipe out for sure !! Im always looking for a new idea !!

Good luck with your journey and thanks for sharing it with us !

x

Here begins Operation Get-Dawn-In-A-Dress.

All those wishing to sign up, please say "Aye".
Or a show of hands with a general majority will do.

A full action plan will follow!

Dawn in a dress?

Pah! more chance of seeing her in the 10st category right Dawnie;)

and another resounding aye from me !!!!

Aye from me too.

((( hugs )))

Aye !

Gail xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone

ok...you asked for it...:eek: Me in one of my new dresses...but I daren't wear it out lol when we went to the Indian (sorry Sarah!)! So here's a pic of what I did wear too!

Attachments

• DSCF1384.jpg
    DSCF1384.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF1380.jpg
    DSCF1380.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF1387.jpg
    DSCF1387.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 50
Im new to the site but your diary is brilliant. I love how open you are :) I shall be trying the lasagne receipe out for sure !! Im always looking for a new idea !!

Good luck with your journey and thanks for sharing it with us !

x

Thanks Karen xx :D

I hope you enjoy the lasagne lol!

You've chosen to follow a fabulous diet plan...I love it :) If I can help with anything, just ask! And if you haven't already done so, I'd suggest starting up your own diary on here asap. It really does make a difference xx

Keep in touch and good luck! xxx

Oh WOW Dawn. The pictures are amazing. You just look fantastic. I can't believe how slim you look. I won't recognise you next time I see you ;)

Well done for being brave and wearing it and being braver and posting the pics :D

Gail x

Lol thanks Gail, but I didn't actually pluck up enough courage to go out in public in the dress :fear: I chickened out and just changed into the other clothes!:rolleyes:

:girlpower:Wow Dawn- superb pictures,how much have you lost
AM so struggling with this 10 stone extra lard-your posts prove it can be done

Ooh Sexydawn!!! You looked absolutely gorgeous in that dress and you should defintely see your public in it! saying that im the exactly the same as you and would peobably never were a dress out the house other than my wedding dress!!!! x

Morning Mazie :wavey:

Thank you for your lovely comment! Love your avatar btw!!!

I need to lose another 3lbs to get my 5st shiny :D

It IS really hard sometimes, this dieting lark. Especially if you have a lot of weight to lose as it just seems insurmountable, but you CAN do it hunni.

The first trick is to break down your weight loss plan into much smaller achievable targets. I never look further ahead than each half stone...that's quite enough of a milestone! And maybe throw in a couple of mini targets you'd like to meet in time for certain events coming up in your life eg. birthday, anniversary etc. but make sure they're realistic.

Do you attend a group? I always try to stay to class if I can as I feel it recharges my batteries each week!

And definitely start a diary on here if you haven't already done so! There's such a wealth of support, advice, humour, patience and friendship to be found here! I've only been doing sw since January, and the friends I have made on minis mean more to me than I can ever say. They have been with me through a truly awful time in my life, and they gently helped me through it, and kept me on plan too. If you keep a diary, you can keep tabs on what food you're eating and allow others to comment and advise. And write down how you're feeling too as it really does help.

And then, for me, the rest is all down to planning! I always plan for the next day so I'm not stuck for something to eat. I don't take any money to work so I can't buy any naughty goodies from the machine outside my office!!! And I do like to try the odd sw recipe or two, which keeps me interested. Also, and my friends here will vouch for this, I do spend a little time on this site, chatting to anyone who will talk to me lol!!! It just keeps me motivated!

Anyway hunni, that's really a quick run down of how I've managed since I started, but we're all different! If you pop back over my diary for a few pages, you will see most of my friends have posted links to their diaries on their signatures so have a look at some of them and get chatting!!! They've all got a story to tell, and will always find time to talk to you. And like I said, I'm here quite a bit so come see me whenever you like! But get your own diary up and running so we can come visit you too!!!

Good luck and lots of love xx

Ooh Sexydawn!!! You looked absolutely gorgeous in that dress and you should defintely see your public in it! saying that im the exactly the same as you and would peobably never were a dress out the house other than my wedding dress!!!! x

Lol! Thanks Emma!

Never wear dresses...always big t-shirts or jumpers with LONG skirts or trousers...but I'm going to try to be a lot braver! Had a good chat with Jim of Troy about it, and I do feel more confident now...it's my birthday in September so I might make that my goal date to wear a dress! :eek:

I'm another dress hater!

In fact I also hate skirts, and live in trousers;)

But, and I found it quite shocking, I have worn a skirt three times this week:eek::eek:...and got to say, I felt really good about myself;)

So you go for the dress Dawn!

I'm another dress hater!

In fact I also hate skirts, and live in trousers;)

But, and I found it quite shocking, I have worn a skirt three times this week:eek::eek:...and got to say, I felt really good about myself;)

So you go for the dress Dawn!

So...did I miss the pics of these momentous occasions then...;)

Come on Lynne, it's only fair!!!

I'm just gonna pop in the shower then I'll pootle round to see you...

Don't bother with the kettle hunni...a bottle will do very nicely...:D

Definately no piccies!

Which is just as well as my Mum told me yesterday that it had been a job to know where my white skirt ended and my white legs began when she had seen me in town earlier in the week!:eek:

See you later:party0036:

Lol! Thanks Emma!

Never wear dresses...always big t-shirts or jumpers with LONG skirts or trousers...but I'm going to try to be a lot braver! Had a good chat with Jim of Troy about it, and I do feel more confident now...it's my birthday in September so I might make that my goal date to wear a dress! :eek:

Whens your birthday Dawn? mines the 23rd!! Just been looking at your photos have you seen the difference a year makes :D xxx

shenzi said:
Whens your birthday Dawn? mines the 23rd!! Just been looking at your photos have you seen the difference a year makes :D xxx

Mines on Sept 11th...sadly a date no one will ever forget and for all the wrong reasons.

So does that mean you're also a Virgo (I said VIRGO Steve! ;) )

Yes, even I can see the difference now! I will put some more pics in the album soon...its good to see what 5 stones looks like. I dont ever want to go back there again xx

tillymax said:
I've been too busy to come on here for a few days and whilst I've been away you've turned normal :eek:

Well done on the weight loss. You've achieved so much in such a short space of time. It's really impressive :D

You look lovely in the dress so pluck up the courage and wear it :)

Haha! Thanks Tilly! I noticed you'd been awol for a few days xxx

I've been very lucky to have lost quickly, but the downside is that I gain so quickly too :( One time I went away for a week and came home a stone heavier!

Yes, but one time you went on holiday and lost 2 lbs...........:)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back