Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Pommette said:
Morning Dawn - thanks fro the chocolate cake. It arrived safely and hubby said it was much better than my last attempt of 20 years ago! :eek:

Hope today is ok - and might I say you're mad! Volunteering for overtime when you shoulod be at home with your lovely, caring hubby.

Ahh....glad u got the cake ok :)

Believe me...I don't want to go in on Friday :'(

I don't want to go in on my normal days never mind any extra ones! :(

I just couldn't let them struggle...2 people just can't run all the non urgent ambulances for 2 counties!

But I've still got Thursday off, and the weekend :)

Fingers crossed we get through today ok x

Hey Dawnie you know something?

I really think a great way to finish the day is a coffee and a hifi bar. I will have to start planing days and re-arranging stuff to keep these back.

Just goes to show if I trawl through all the dross, just once in a blue moon I find a useful post;)

Off to annoy Steve indeed!

Jeepers Dawn! Seems like everytime I sneak a peek at your thread you are posting more pics of an ever more trim bod.

I can almost taste that lush cake and smell the icing on the buns. Good thing I am a loooong way away from that table... You know that feeling when you first bite into a chocolate cupcake - that crispy bit of icing and later the soft moist cake? You do?? And you still wore 2 dresses? I am eating the wrong kind of cake.....

Love Pomooky XX

Hi Dawn! Sorry I'm so late to the birthday party! Happy birthday! Hope you had an ace day. Sorry I've been AWOL! Xxxx

I thought you'd like to know that my pub meal this evening was SPINACH * risotto. See - even when I'm on holiday I can find it!

* - sorry I can't give it the traditional green capitals when I'm having to post on my phone.

Hey ladies and Steve x

Why am I sitting here watching The Great British Bake Off??? :eek:

OMG!!! :drool:

So many pies!!! :gimi:

And before this came on I saw a bit of Masterchef Australia!!! :d'oh:

And when Bakeoff finishes I've got Cupcake Wars!!! :eating:

But don't worry folks...when Gwyn comes home from choir practice we'll watch The Biggest Loser Australia!!! :8855: I know it's an old one but we haven't seen it.

Ooh they've cooked meringue...yummy! :faint2:

Right, I'm back.

Good day today at work, very challenging but I felt like I did a good job today. Usually I just feel frustrated that we haven't got the resources we need to do the job but somehow we got round a lot of problems and made it work :)

I had a couple of nice NSV's today at work. A lady who works in the outpatients dept grabbed me and commented on how much weight I'd lost and told me I was wasting away! Ans one of our ambulance drivers asked if I'd got an old SW book to spare that she could have, and if I'd go through the diet with her as she was amazed at my weight loss and she wants to do the same! So those comments more than made up for gaining last week :D

Oh, and a guy at work said he'd told his wife about the cakes I'd made as he doesn't usually like chocolate cake but he loved the little ones I'd taken in! And then he went on to ask if I was making any more would I mind making him half a dozen and he'd pay for them!!! Bless him! Thought that was so sweet!

Talking of sweet, after work I had a lovely walk with Suki, and she's now fast asleep on the kitchen floor with her head buried in Gwyns slippers!

Ok, food posting time then visiting...with one eye on the cupcakes...

Todays Food EE

42g all bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

ham and egg salad
salad cream (2)
velvet crunch (4)
yoghurt
apple
banana

Salmon fillet on a bed of spinach
salad
salad cream (2)
fresh fruit salad
yoghurt

milky coffee (1/2 A)
alpen bar (3)

Total syns:- 11

skinnydawn said:
Hey ladies and Steve x

Ahem!!

Just because I'm on holiday, doesn't mean you can ignore me!

Ahem!!

Just because I'm on holiday, doesn't mean you can ignore me!

Sorry!!! :giveup:

I MEANT...

Hey ladies, Steve AND Sarah...;)

How are you doing hunni???

Missing my coffee breaks :(

Well I haven't quite blown away yet - though it was touch & go at times yesterday! Having a great time, though. I feel as though I'm in exactly the place I need to be. Which is brilliant.

To Durham tomorrow, which will be lovely too; and then on Thursday I'll be making my mark on history. Exciting! I'll leave you to ponder that one.

Thanks Bess!

Nsv's are always good...especially after a gain!!! :rolleyes:

Suki is just an absolute doll!!! And she was completely dry and clean last night! And only one little pee in the house today so I think she's doing really well!

And she IS growing too! Well, her coat is getting really long which makes her look bigger than she is lol! xx

Sarah, I saw your pics...it looks fabulous where you are xx

I'm very jealous :jelous:

Oh, I had spinach tonight...YUMMY!!! xx

LOVE the NSV's - fantastic. And you may have a new career baking cakes by the sounds of things........:p

I made the spinach and cottage cheese lasagne on Sunday. It was absolutely delicious and way better than stuffing cannelloni tubes for hours ! Yum yum. Made it with fresh spinach but got very bored ripping the stems off so next time I will either try it with frozen spinach or not bother ripping the stems off. Also needed a bit more filling for 4 portions than it said but not concerned about that.

Speak soon (obviously I haven't gone to bed yet - just figuring out how I could watch Australian Masterchef when I don't have a sky box ?! What channel is it on ??)

Gail xxx

Ooh you are naughty not goin to bed!
I think masterchef is on Living but I'll check tomorrow for u...I just found it and set a series reminder!

I'm glad u enjoyed the lasagne...it certainly sounds a lot quicker than filling the tubes! Although I have to admit I quite like getting all messy lol! I use a teaspoon to get most of it in and then poke the rest of it in with my fingers! Xx
Have a good day tomorrow Gail xx

My excuse is I had no internet last night. But I have now. So, like you, I've come to catch up. Not a lot going on then!

Lol! Sorry guys!

This is a pretty boring place to be when I'm working cos I've got sod all to talk about!

Even I forget to come on here cos its much more fun posting on other peoples threads lol! :)

In fact I haven't even got my lappy out tonite...just using my phone...how lazy is that???

Anyhow, I shall tell you all about my very boring day, cos you might as well be bored as well!

Ok, well today was probably one of the busiest days for a while, simply because we were 3 vehicles down. So I had to bring in 2 ambulances from Kettering to help out. It was all a bit manic and several patients were waiting for up to 3 hours, but I think we did a pretty good job considering.

Shirley phoned to say that Edna had been moved to a nursing home. I looked it up on the internet and it looks very nice. It's purpose built and only about 6 years old. There are 64 rooms, all with an ensuite. Although its all very sad, I know its the right thing for Edna. She'll be safe there, and have lots of company.

We had a lovely walk with Suki tonight, just locally for 20 mins but its great fun. Just watching her trying to make sense of everything around her, like bikes and children, is hilarious! And she hasn't quite got the hang of jumping up the curbs. She took off about a foot away and landed head first on the curb bless her!

I'm looking forward to having tomorrow off as hopefully we're going to hit Matalan so I can spend my birthday vouchers! :) I'm hoping to get a couple of pairs of jeans and maybe some new tops.

And if course its wi again tomorrow night and I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it. I haven't had a bad week, but I suppose the birthday celebrations are bound to have had an effect :( My scales show a sts...but we all know what a load of crap they are lol!

Todays Food EE

42g all bran (B)
125ml ss milk (1/2 A)

Ham and egg salad
Salad cream (2)
Velvet crunch (4)
2 apples
Banana
Yoghurt

Jacket spud
Butter (2)
Bacon and mushrooms