Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

hope today is better for you, horriable when things like that happen in life :( x

Sorry it was awful yesterday. Obviously made even worse by not having your fat friend around for a cuppa.
And sadly I won't be there today either. Hoping to be better enough tomorrow!

Sorry you had such a sad day Dawn...and feeling cold, well that's the penalty for losng weight! ;) I remember feeling cold all the time......... sadly not now :eek: x

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your kind comments...things are not much better unfortunately :(

3 vehicles tail lifts broke down which meant they couldn't be used until the engineer had fixed them, and another vehicle broke down outside one of the hospitals with a flat battery!

All that before 11am!

Sarah, coffee would be really nice tomorrow but only if you're definately ok to come to work. I think you should leave it till Monday...and we can do coffee twice next week to make up for it! xx

awwwww Dawn i am so behind on your diary :wavey: and you are always so good to me :bighug: so so so sorry to hear about that ladies daughter :cry: :bighug: how terribly terribly sad :( and your friend's Dad :bighug:

Hope today is a better day sweetie and I did :giggle: a little at the clown trousers :giggle: what a fab feeling though. Goodluck at WI xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Jackie xx

I haven't heard from Frances about her Dad...she'll contact me if there's anything to tell. We've been best friends since 1978...so sad that it looks like we're likely to both lose our dads this year. She was a great support to me throughout dads illness and then his death, and now I feel helpless to help her :(

I can't believe its wi again tonite! How quickly it comes round! I think I'm looking at a small gain or a sts according to my scales.

bexyboo said:
Hi Dawn,

Sorry to here you've been having some crappy days at work :( Hope its better this afternoon.

Good Luck for this evening :) xxx

Thankyou Bex,

The vehicles are fixed so fingers crossed its a bit calmer now! Xx

JimofTroy said:
And I'll probably be there tomorrow, so that'll be better, won't it????

Oh yes!

That will make everything better! :)

Now there JoT - just you be careful. I know you don't "do" nice but don't go back too early and make yourself poorly for the weekend. Just remember that you are going there for a curry at the weekend and you want to be well for that don't you!

I did say that to her mumsie!

But she you know how strong willed she is! ;)

Hello everyone,

Phew, glad to see the back of work today, again! What a day! 4 vehicle breakdowns in 2 hours! And a woman fell over in the car park, right outside my window, and ended up having to be long-boarded into the ambulance with a query spinal injury! She's had a few drinks and just went flying! It's amazing how many incidents there are near our office! I've been in there 5 years and apart from today, other things I can remember are...

Several fights
Several car accidents
A woman fell out of her electric buggy and had an open wrist fracture
A couple of collapses
An assault

The worst incident was when we were all in the office when there was a horrendous bang and all the walls shook, and we really thought a bomb had gone off. I opened the office door to find a car in the middle of the seating area, with the driver still clutching the steering wheel and screaming her head off...and a man (who turned out to be her husband) under the car. It was quite surreal and horrific. I bundled the driver out of the car and took the keys off her, and we tried to help the guy under the car, who had a massive head injury. Later investigations showed that the couple had a new automatic car, and the husband was sitting in his electric wheelchair, guiding her while she reversed into a parking space. But somehow she managed to hit the accelerator instead of the brake and hit her husband at great speed, pushing/dragging him & his chair through the glass doors, through all the tables and chairs, finally coming to rest some 20feet from the carpark and firmly inside the cafe area. Sadly despite everyones efforts the poor man died a month later from his injuries :(.

And the best thing that happened was when I delivered a baby in the front seat of a car! I just happened to be outside when the father said his wife was in labour in the car and he needed some help getting her up to the delivery suite. So I went over, expecting to help mum into a wheelchair, and found her with her legs up on the dashboard, puffing and panting, and saying she wanted to push! :eek: I just had time to shout to my crewmate to get some blankets up at the car windows, get some gloves on and take her trousers off...and there was the head! One push later I had a baby girl in my arms! Wonderful! :D

So, I came off the road and into the office for a temporary break having had a long period of sickness due to a particularly upsetting job...and look what happens lol! :rolleyes:

Anyway, enough of work!!!

Well actually just one more slightly work related thing...

One of the girls found a new pair of trousers on station that were for a lady who's recently left, and she thought I could do with them. So I tried them on and they fit perfectly...and they're size 10! :bliss: I've NEVER worn size 10 uniform before! I'm over the moon!

And tonight I went to wi and lost 1/2lb, so I'm 10.3lbs now :happy036: And my c took a photo of me in my new trousers lol, and made me stand up in front of everyone & tell them how I'd gone from size 20 to 10! :eek: All a bit embarrassing!

Oh, and Andrew only went and lost 3lbs!!! :talk017:

(No news from Frances about her dad :()

Hey Dawn

Well done on the 0.5lb loss matey. I went to wi and gained 0.5lb - not bad I suppose, I've had my a$$ kicked by Pinkie and Maverick so all is good now!

Where the hell do you work??????:eek:

Hope you and your lot are all well xxx

P.S Well done Andrew too!

Hey Dawn

Well done on the 0.5lb loss matey. I went to wi and gained 0.5lb - not bad I suppose, I've had my a$$ kicked by Pinkie and Maverick so all is good now!

Where the hell do you work??????:eek:

Hope you and your lot are all well xxx

P.S Well done Andrew too!

Lol! :8855: Thanks SB! And you only gained a poxy half pound!!! Good on ya hunni! Must be MY turn to come kick your bum now...:asskick:

I work for East Midlands Ambulance Service, controlling the non emergency ambulances in and out of Npton Gen Hosp and other units in the area. I'm based in the hospital...hence all the "excitement" lol!

Wow Dawn. What a job! I was reading through your post wondering what an earth you do for a living to see those dramas and now it makes sense! Sounds like a stressful job though. Do you answer the 999 calls too? X

Back