Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

So lets hope she cleans up regularly then there won't be a problem. We have to clear up after Suki...I can't see the difference. And another problem we have with it is that Suki insists on eating it...:eek:

Ok...now I've all put you off your supper I'll clear off lol!!!

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!!! xxx

Eww my dog does that too, when i asked the vet about it she just laughed and said its to them what chocolate truffles are to us, it put me off chocolate truffles for life lol xx
oh yes Carla used to do this but she would prefer to clean up after the cat for you gross gross gross :eek:

Chocolate was made to stuff your face with until you feel sick, you then pop it down for 5 mins until you no longer feel sick and finish it off before someone else does :D xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys x

Sorry...forgot to post earlier x

Had a rotten nights sleep last nite...terrible stomach pains and nausea, and when I got up to get some water I began to pass out. Been ok today tho so hopefully its all passed now x

I was supposed to go to church but didn't make it due to feeling rough, so I stayed in bed till 11 before venturing up to sort the dinner...gammon joint, new spuds and salad...Yummy!
This afternoon I sat down and wrote a short letter to the lovely mumsie and got her parcel ready for posting tomorrow :)

And this evening I've just been chilling, played on here a bit x

Probably won't be about much tomorrow as I'm taking mum to the doctors on the morning, and gwyn to his hospital appt to see the surgeon in the afternoon.

So hope to see u after all that!

Lots of luv xxx

I hope you feel better soon xxxxxxxxxx

Hope all goes well for mum and gywn sending lots of love your way xxxxxxxxxx

:hug99: from me too.
Hope all goes well for tomorrow for your mum and Gwyn.

You just be careful Dawniepops, all this running around and ooking after people can take its toll.

Did I mention you're no spring chicken either?:eek::p

;)

Maximus said:
You just be careful Dawniepops, all this running around and ooking after people can take its toll.

Did I mention you're no spring chicken either?:eek::p

;)

Did I mention I have TWO legs...?

And they both work... ;)

Oh no Dawnie, get well soon Hun. Make sure you have some rest and time to yourself if you can xxx
Hope both appointments go well tomorrow and that you feel better very soon x

PS. I am one of those people that can eat one cube of chocolate and it's enough ;). Wish I could say the same about crisps which is why I avoid them altogether when possible!

Hi guys x

Hmmm...well its 4.30am and after falling asleep about 3.30 I'm awake again!

And poor Gwyns awake too so we're having a cup of tea in bed! I've just looked thru the new Avon book...few nice things in there I shall get...and then I thought I shud post an update x

Mums visit to the doctors resulted in the discovery of yet another undesolved stitch in one of her wounds! So we're hoping that finally it might be able to start healing now.

And while I was at mums I picked up a mountain of leaves that were all over the front garden...I don't no where they all come from!

Gwyns hospital appointment went very well. The surgeon was a lovely man who was optimistic of a good result. He will operate using a local anaesthetic, within the next 6 weeks, and sent the tumour for analysis. That shud tell them the type of cancer, and whether they got it all or if gwyn needs further treatment. He will be very battered and bruised afterwards, like he's been in a car accident, and they may need to pull skin from his cheek to close the hole left by the op, but he shud recover well and just be left with a scar.

He's being so brave about it all...I know he's making light of it for my sake.

Other news is that I was called to see if I could attend an emergency meeting about the work take over tonight.

As we finished at the hospital in good time, I decided to go, and in some ways I wish I hadn't! :(

The implications of losing all 5 contracts is catastrophic to all of us concerned.

In the first instance, we should all be offered employment with the new company but...

Present Terms and conditions won't be protected

Nhs pension will be frozen

It's not known if they recognise Unison as a union, so we won't have union protection at the time we need it most

Either we sign the contract they offer us...despite worsening terms and conditions...or we leave

It's not known where the vehicles will be kept...they may not even be in northampton so there will be travel and time implications

The planning function of the service ie. my office, hasn't even been discussed yet, but my office will close. It could be absorbed into a pre existing control room anywhere in the country

There may be the possibility of some of us getting jobs working for A&E on the road...but only as bank staff

That's about as much as I can remember...

Doesn't make good reading...

There's an awful sense of shock and disbelief atm, but its starting to turn to anger.

And there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

So...time to start job hunting, preferably within the nhs so I can continue my pension. Failing that, maybe something in a school, doctors surgery...

What a pigging time of it we're having :( I'm seriously considering getting signed off for a while. There's only so many nights/weeks/months you can go without sleep. And still not enough hours in the day for me to be everywhere I'm needed :(

Anyway, after a pretty off plan weekend (again!) I'm back on Sarahs wagon :) I did a red day today and really enjoyed it. The scales are showing a small gain which I hope to lose before Thursday as I'd like to be at the low end of target.

So my walk with Sarah, in 5 hrs time eek, should help with that! Due to circumstances beyond our control ie
A, the disappearance of Sarahs temporary tooth filling
B,Sarahs ability to play piano being required this afternoon

we are having to forgo the meal and cut the walk down a little, but never mind. It will do us both good to be out in the fresh air...not so much the pouring rain though which is forecast...! But, and I know Steve will be proud of me, I have a pair of rather fetching waterproof trousers to wear lol! And I shall borrow gwyns old tuck sack! So I'll really look the part!

Pics to follow...or not!

Thankyou once again for your wonderful support as always. Sorry for being a moaning mini again...I've got it off my chest (no I'm not talking chicken fillets Steve!) and I'm much better for it x

Catch u later guys xxx

Im glad everything went well today, if its any small consolation our girls were told they wouldn't be tupee'd over, but the commissioners worked hard and got it for them the only things they missed out was the nhs pension but they had a Scottish widows one made available to them, and that unison will not be recognised but i know they have kept them on as its still good to have someone to talk to when they have disputes. Hope it helps a little, and everything works out best for you in the end xxxxxxxxxx

You guys are certainly having a pigging time of it.... So sorry to hear about the work situation.

I know from experience just how much insomnia effects your day to day life and I honestly think you should get signed off for a week or two. Then you will be able to fit some well needed rest in to your day.

Big hugs xxx

Dawnie - work situation sounds really pants. Although good to hear that Gwyn's surgeon is hopeful.

I know you will get through all this chica - you are one strong lady. But we're all here for you when you need us.

I hate disolving stitches - they never disolve on me either. I had an op 5 years ago and after 10 days things were so infected that they had to remove them too. Hugs to your mum that this is now sorted out.

((( Big Hugs ))) :bighug: to you all.

Oh Dawn, when is it ever going to stop?!

I hope your mum's wounds manage to heal soon and she feels brighter in herself. Bless Gwyn staying brave for you. I guess we just have to pray the op goes well and they manage to get the little blighter out. Poor him.

As for your work, it's a flipping joke but it probably isn't a bad idea keeping your eye open for any jobs that crop up elsewhere. It's pretty poor if you don't get union coverage still. Can they do that?

You need to look after yourself though honey and if you continue not sleeping then something has to give. Maybe you do need to be signed off work for a bit. Give yourself one less thing to fit in to the day.

Hope you have a lovely day with the not nice Sarah!!

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Did I mention I have TWO legs...?

And they both work... ;)
Very harsh! in fact I'm hopping mad:eek:
Hi guys x

Hmmm...well its 4.30am and after falling asleep about 3.30 I'm awake again!

And poor Gwyns awake too so we're having a cup of tea in bed! I've just looked thru the new Avon book...few nice things in there I shall get...and then I thought I shud post an update x

Mums visit to the doctors resulted in the discovery of yet another undesolved stitch in one of her wounds! So we're hoping that finally it might be able to start healing now.

And while I was at mums I picked up a mountain of leaves that were all over the front garden...I don't no where they all come from!

I would suggest trees - big brown things that shed little green or golden brown things.

Gwyns hospital appointment went very well. The surgeon was a lovely man who was optimistic of a good result. He will operate using a local anaesthetic, within the next 6 weeks, and sent the tumour for analysis. That shud tell them the type of cancer, and whether they got it all or if gwyn needs further treatment. He will be very battered and bruised afterwards, like he's been in a car accident, and they may need to pull skin from his cheek to close the hole left by the op, but he shud recover well and just be left with a scar.

He's being so brave about it all...I know he's making light of it for my sake.

Other news is that I was called to see if I could attend an emergency meeting about the work take over tonight.

As we finished at the hospital in good time, I decided to go, and in some ways I wish I hadn't! :(

The implications of losing all 5 contracts is catastrophic to all of us concerned.

In the first instance, we should all be offered employment with the new company but...

Present Terms and conditions won't be protected

Nhs pension will be frozen

It's not known if they recognise Unison as a union, so we won't have union protection at the time we need it most

Either we sign the contract they offer us...despite worsening terms and conditions...or we leave

It's not known where the vehicles will be kept...they may not even be in northampton so there will be travel and time implications

The planning function of the service ie. my office, hasn't even been discussed yet, but my office will close. It could be absorbed into a pre existing control room anywhere in the country

There may be the possibility of some of us getting jobs working for A&E on the road...but only as bank staff

That's about as much as I can remember...

Doesn't make good reading...

There's an awful sense of shock and disbelief atm, but its starting to turn to anger.

And there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

So...time to start job hunting, preferably within the nhs so I can continue my pension. Failing that, maybe something in a school, doctors surgery...

What a pigging time of it we're having :( I'm seriously considering getting signed off for a while. There's only so many nights/weeks/months you can go without sleep. And still not enough hours in the day for me to be everywhere I'm needed :(

Anyway, after a pretty off plan weekend (again!) I'm back on Sarahs wagon :) I did a red day today and really enjoyed it. The scales are showing a small gain which I hope to lose before Thursday as I'd like to be at the low end of target.

So my walk with Sarah, in 5 hrs time eek, should help with that! Due to circumstances beyond our control ie
A, the disappearance of Sarahs temporary tooth filling
B,Sarahs ability to play piano being required this afternoon

we are having to forgo the meal and cut the walk down a little, but never mind. It will do us both good to be out in the fresh air...not so much the pouring rain though which is forecast...! But, and I know Steve will be proud of me, I have a pair of rather fetching waterproof trousers to wear lol! And I shall borrow gwyns old tuck sack! So I'll really look the part!

Pics to follow...or not!

Thankyou once again for your wonderful support as always. Sorry for being a moaning mini again...I've got it off my chest (no I'm not talking chicken fillets Steve!) and I'm much better for it x

Catch u later guys xxx

Already reducing the distance, and blaming Sassy's teeth (that's a new excuse). Meanwhile as I sit here, housebound in a wind-whipped, rain-lashed icy northeastern tundra - looking out of the window I would kill to be out walking.

Look forward to the pics!

Hi Dawn, just catching up on your diary hunni, sorry to hear you are having such a bad time :(

I'm not sleeping at the mo either - not funny is it? Funnily enough though I don't feel exhausted - I feel more like this: :eek: Even when I close my eyes they are like this behind my eyelids!

You need to take care of yourself though hun - I agree you may need to give in and have some time off. I know it goes against the grain but you need the rest.

Hugs & love from Ali xx

Dawn, your poor Mum, but hopefully now she will heal quickly. I'm another one who's body never seems to disolve the stitches:(

Good luck for Gwyn xx My mum had a malignant melanoma removed from her shin, and had to have a skin graft, but like you said, if they can get it all in one go, and just be left with the scar, that's good.

Your work situation sounds appalling!:(

I'm glad that the surgeon is optimistic about Gwyn, and so sorry about the job situation - pants! Unison are a huge union and will have to be involved surely? Or am I just being naive? hugs Dawn. xxxx

Back