Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hello my tiny friend,

Er, I've just got one of those IPhone thingies too. It's driving me nuts. S'posed to make life easier and all that!!

The screen ignores me and the keypad is slow to respond by which time I've gone on to the next letter - nightmare for passwords..

I think my nails are getting in the way or something and those pen things are a bit naff aren't they? (I don't see any hoodies using them).

I shall persevere because the IPhone is cool but obviously I am not and will probably end up buying something simples.

Pomooky XXX

Haha!

Hello there Pomooky! :D

How the devil are you??? :)

I totally LOVE my iphone!!! :bananalove: And I'm lucky I've got my sis Sarah to show me how to work it lol! :rolleyes:

Hi dawn handy bit of info about how to multi Qoute on an iphone i didn't have a clue either lol, hope u and tattoo are both ok xx

Hi Val x

Have to thank sis for the info on the phone cos I haven't got a clue either lol! Still madly in love with my tattoo too! ;)

Hey Dawn,

Hope you had a lovely day yesterday and work is being kind to you. How tattoo looking? All swelling nearly gone?

Have a good evening :) x

Hi Bexy x

Work's been absolutely fine for a change, except for having two vehicles grounded for possible faults :sigh:

My tattoo is brilliant! :D No scabs at all and still beautifully colourful! I'm still creaming it every hour or so which I think has made all the difference, and nearly all the bruising has gone down...so much so that I think I'm going to get booked in next week to have 3 more flowers added ;)

******************************​

Evening guys x

I was playing on my phone last night so didn't really get on here to post :eek: And I spent half an hour sorting out an email to lovely Penny and the flipping hotmail site went down :mad: so I gave up.

I had a lovely evening which included a very off plan Indian takeaway! We shared a chicken tikka biryani and a chicken and mango curry, both of which were rather delicious! :eating: And this was followed by ice cream, and washed down with a couple of glasses of wine. Hence my decision NOT to post yesterdays food lol!

Today I've been very good as I really want to lower my target again and get to 9st 7lbs soon. There's a chance I may not make wi tomorrow night as I have an old friend coming round who I haven't seen for years. Barry used to help my ex husband on his milk round during school holidays and weekends and he practically lived with us! He adored the kids and we all used to go out as a family, so it's going to be wonderful to see him again. He's a big lad, over 20 stones I think, so maybe I'll talk him into coming to SW with me! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing him again :)

So I suppose I'll be spending most of tomorrow doing housework now! Oh well...think of all the body magic!

Todays Food Red

ready brek (part B)
milk (1/2 A)
banana

2 x ryvita (rest of B + 2 syns)
philly light (2)
ham salad
salad cream (2)
yoghurt

apple x 2
satsuma x 2

bacon/mushroom/onion/cheese omelette (A)
1/2 tin toms
ketchup (2)

Milky coffee (A)
Fibre plus bar (B)

Total syns - 8

And, for extra Body Magic, you can come round and do mine too!
How good to you am I?

Ooooh Dawnie your food sounds divine yesterday mmmm. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Oh my gosh more flowers tattoo. You mad thing! How big? Does it not hurt or am I just a wimp?!

Thank you for trying to send me an email. Silly hotmail.

Glad work hasn't been too bad and you're off for a few days now, yay! Boo to house work though.

Hope you're having a lovely evening x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Talking of housework spent an hour cleaning the kitchen today wondering why the majority of the dishes in the dishwasher still looked dirty then I checked the soap tray yep soap tablet still in tact hadn't actually switched the silly thing on!!
Doh!!!! :eek: But that's the sort of thing I do . . . frequently!

Good evening to my nice niece! And good evening to the not nice one as well.

Have a lovely evening tomorrow chica - I love catching up with old friends and finding out if / how they and their lives have changed. But I'm just a nosey s0d!

And thank you soooo much for your email. Going to be doing a lot of downloading tomorrow methings!

Evening all x

Well it's been a really brilliant day all round :D

Apart from me nearly having a panic attack when my food scales wouldn't weigh my cereal this morning cos the battery had died! :eek: I ALWAYS weigh my cereal and to have to guess it really upset me! :eek: But it's all ok now cos Gwyn went shopping and bought a new battery ;)

Because my old friend Barry was coming to see me this afternoon, and I hadn't seen him for years, I was determined to totally blitz the house from top to bottom, so I did! I hoovered upstairs and downstairs, cleaned all the carpets upstairs and downstairs, mopped the kitchen and utility floors, cleaned both bathrooms and downstairs loo, cleaned the kitchen, dusted, and tidied our bedroom :superwoman:

Even the poor dog didn't escape my cleaning frenzy as I threw her in the bath before I got in the shower myself!

Barry arrived around 2.30 having phoned to say he'd be early as he had a hospital appointment later on. I couldn't believe it when he knocked on the door...he's 6' 2" tall and probably over 20 stones...but he looked amazing! He was always quite a shy boy when he used to help my ex on the milk round, and he really adored Andrew, Daniel and Victoria. During all the school holidays, including the summer break, he would move in with us on the day they broke up and then go home again the day before school started again lol! And he was a joy to have around...although incredibly clumsy! Anyway, today we spent a lovely couple of hours reminiscing and catching up. He's a manager of a recruitment company now and his phone didn't stop going off all the time he was here, although he refused to answer it. When Andrew came in they had a good chat, and Barry made a phone call as he's confident he has a full time vacancy at Carlsberg for Andrew. Before he left, we arranged to meet again and look at some old videos of Barry and the children.

Then tonight I went to wi and lost 2lbs which I was completely over the moon with! :bliss:

So that means I'm 9st 9lbs and well below my last target so I've reset it to 9st 7lbs :party0011: You know it's funny but even as I'm writing those numbers down, they don't look like they belong to me! I think my head is still lagging behind in recognising what I weigh now!

I hope you guys are ok xxx

Todays Food green day

35g ish crunchy bran (B)
milk (1/2 A)

banana
apple

jp
butter (2)
cheese (A)
ketchup (3)
mango/melon/yoghurt

milky coffee (1/2 A)
Fibre plus bar (B)

Total syns - 5

Here's the lovely Baz...

Attachments

• Baz.jpg
    Baz.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Good Morning Dawn.

That is a lovely photo of Barry, he looks a thoroughly nice bloke.

Congratulations on another 2lbs banished forever...........do not take after your mumsie !!!!

Enjoy your night out.

hugs xxxxxx

Buenos dias chica.
It sounds as though you had a lovely time with Barry yesterday and a job for Andrew in the offing would be brill.

And another 2 lbs loss and only 2lbs from new target! Way to go girl.
Start contemplating maintenance now!
As knowing you those 2 lbs will be gone next week. :D

Dwindling Dawnie? Maintenance??
What's the betting she'll just come up with an excuse to go lower...

You deffo need to treat yourself to more clothes and boots ;) xxx

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
She'll only kick me harder!

I didn't want to say it as she'd kick me - but you can probably get away with it and you enjoy the kicks anyway! :eek:
But I was thinking exactly the same. But she has to maintain at some point - she cannot lose weight forever can she?

That's great Dawn.
Glad you had a good day.

Thanks Emmaline xxx

So glad you had a lovely day and how great would that be a job for Andrew. What is Andrew doing now?

Well done on weight loss. Excellent and only 2lb from your target, right? Surely that deserves more clothes or boot shopping!!! Ha ha

Hope you have a lowly day off, any plans? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Penny xx

Andrew's working 1 1/2 shifts a week at the big Tesco near us. He does a 10pm to 7am shift on a Friday night, and a 6pm to midnight shift on a Saturday night. The works ok but it simply not enough for a 25yr old man to live on! And we can't afford to run his car for him any more! So anything full time would be a bonus :)

Yes 2lbs to go to hit this target! And then I think I should follow your advice and go boot shopping! Although not for a while as I want to add to my tattoo next week and I'm skint :sigh:

No plans for today, hoping to catch up on here as I've been a bit distracted with other stuff recently xxx

Good Morning Dawn.

That is a lovely photo of Barry, he looks a thoroughly nice bloke.

Congratulations on another 2lbs banished forever...........do not take after your mumsie !!!!

Enjoy your night out.

hugs xxxxxx

Good afternoon Mumsie xxx

Barry is a thoroughly nice guy :D He was just like a son to me years ago, even though there's only 10 years between us, and it's wonderful to see he's grown into such a lovely man. I still think of him as a clumsy 14 year old!

Well done on the fab 2lb weight loss Dawn. :D You'll get that next 2lb in no time at all. Really pleased for your Dawn. You deffo need to treat yourself to more clothes and boots ;) xxx

Thanks Bexy xxx

I've reached the stage now where I hide any new boots in my car until Gwyn's not about and then sneak them in lol! ;)

Hi dawn well done on ur fab loss , have a good day love val xx

Cheers Valerie xxx :)

Buenos dias chica.
It sounds as though you had a lovely time with Barry yesterday and a job for Andrew in the offing would be brill.

And another 2 lbs loss and only 2lbs from new target! Way to go girl.
As knowing you those 2 lbs will be gone next week. :D

Maintenance? :eek::eek::eek:
I don't really do maintenance Bev, as you know! I don't know how to! :eek:

Possibly...:confused:

Another half stone maybe...;)

Gotta lose these 2 lbs yet! :rolleyes: I will feel a lot 'safer' when I get to 9.7 as I'm hoping to not ever go above 10.7 again, and that gives me a stones leeway.

I didn't want to say it as she'd kick me - but you can probably get away with it and you enjoy the kicks anyway! :eek:
But I was thinking exactly the same. But she has to maintain at some point - she cannot lose weight forever can she?

Lol x You all know me too well! :rolleyes: It's so much easier to have a real focus and goal rather than just trying to stay the same...And I'm really scared to take my foot off the gas and try maintaining as I've never managed to do it before :sigh:

Back