Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Ive not been to the gym since January whoops! Sleep well xx

Hi Dawnie.....................

thank you so much for the latest magazine. It arrived today and as daddy Paul is watching some boring, mindless thing about robots , I am about to start reading it.

lots of love,

mumsie xxxxxx

Evening guys x

Sorry I didn't get on here yesterday...I was in the gym for 7, then at work from 08.30 to 17.00, and then we had to get changed and out again as Gwyn and I were going to watch his grand daughter Emma in her schools production of The Little Shop of Horrors. She had one of the main roles and was absolutely brilliant! We really enjoyed it!

So today was gym at 7 again, and as I didn't do so much in there yesterday, I really pushed myself today and pretty much used all the equipment in there lol! I think I was in there about 2 hours all together, and I could feel it, but tomorrow I'll take it easy again (you reading that sis? ;))

After gym, I did a bit of an Asda shop, went to the bank, filled up with petrol, and then got back, totally starving! And having put all the shopping away, eaten, hoovered upstairs and downstairs, I came over really tired and ended up having a power nap on the settee for an hour! :rolleyes:

Tonight was wi and I was sure I was going to lose, but I was over the moon to be told I'd lost 4.5lbs! :happy036: How good is that lol!!! It just goes to show you that when you gain weight really quickly, it's best to try and get it off straight away before it gets the chance to get to comfortable! And I think the SEx week and the extra exercise must have helped. So I'm back within 2.5lbs of my revised target of 9st 7lbs BUT I have an all you can eat Asian Buffet meal out tomorrow night with the guys from work...:eek:

No plans other than the meal out tomorrow so maybe a day on the garden if it's nice :)

Today's Food EE

3 x ryvita (B1)
ff cottage cheese
salad
salad cream (2)

grapes
crunchy curls (4.5)

Ham
2 x eggs
beans
ketchup (3)
yoghurt

milky coffee (A1)
hi fi bar (B2)

Total syns - 9.5
Exercise - 2k treadmill run
5.6k rower
1.2k elliptical
2k bike
leg press/chest press/other weights equipment

Wow 4.5lbs!!!! amazing :D

Alternating your gym routine is a good idea, other you may get bored - I know I did. Hehe.

Glad work was quiet for you yesterday :) Hope its not too bad today either.

How is little Suki?

xx

Suki is just adorable Bex and the light of my life lol! She's starting burying her bones all over the place now! Sometimes they end up in the garden under a pile of earth, but if she can't get outside, she 'buries' them under cushions on the settees, or under our pillows or duvet bless her! And she wakes Gwyn up every single morning by jumping on the bed and licking his head! And she likes to sleep on our shoes or slippers, or in any bags she can find. The photo at the bottom is of her asleep in my work bag!

Hi Dawnie.....................

thank you so much for the latest magazine. It arrived today and as daddy Paul is watching some boring, mindless thing about robots , I am about to start reading it.

lots of love,

mumsie xxxxxx

Ooh hellooooo Mumsie!!!

Wow that was quick! I think I only posted it a week ago! I hope you find some interesting things in it! xxx

Here's Suki curled up in my work bag...
suki on Dawns work bag.jpg

Last edited:
Evening Dawnie - whoop whoop to the loss!!

We are going away tomorrow until Monday - so I won't be around on here much for the next 3 days.
We are eating with friends for 3 nights, including a wok buffet on Staurday, so not a cat in hells chance of a loss methinks next week.

Have a good weekend and I'll catch up on Monday.

Suki is just adorable Bex and the light of my life lol! She's starting burying her bones all over the place now! Sometimes they end up in the garden under a pile of earth, but if she can't get outside, she 'buries' them under cushions on the settees, or under our pillows or duvet bless her! And she wakes Gwyn up every single morning by jumping on the bed and licking his head! And she likes to sleep on our shoes or slippers, or in any bags she can find. The photo at the bottom is of her asleep in my work bag!

Ooh hellooooo Mumsie!!!

Wow that was quick! I think I only posted it a week ago! I hope you find some interesting things in it! xxx

Here's Suki curled up in my work bag...
View attachment 44911

She looks sooo totally adorable. :) Bless her. xx

Evening ladies x

I've had such a lovely couple of days! :clap: Not so good on the food side of things but you simply can't go to an 'all you can eat' restaurant and not stuff yourself can you??? I mean it kinda defeats the object! So last night I ended up having 2 plates of starters, one plate of mains, and then 2 plates of desserts :happy036: And very nice it was too! But I did only have a diet coke to drink...;) We had a really good evening actually. It was nice to get together with friends from work and not actually talk about work.

We finished the meal around 10.30 so I headed up to the karaoke pub as it was only 5 minutes away but Vicki wouldn't meet me there so I was really brave and went in on my own :fear:But I needn't have worried as 3 of my friends were there so I stood with them. We had a good laugh and a brilliant evening...good job they have an extension so we didn't leave until after 1am! I was shattered by the time I got home as I'd been up since 6am, so I crept about making a coffee to take up to bed with me. But then I heard some whimpering and crying and a couple of minutes later Suki was in the kitchen with me, closely followed by a sleepy Gwyn! So we both ended up having coffee in bed!

All of this lead to a rather long lay in today, and although I was awake before 9am I didn't actually get up until I'd had a cup of tea in bed ;) But then I spent the next few hours tidying, cleaning and washing! I sorted out some clothes that no longer fit me and bagged them up for the charity shop, and rearranged all my shoes and boots...not a quick job, I can tell you! :rolleyes:

I rang Shirley today to see if she'd like to come for dinner tomorrow and she said she'd love to. She's still extremely depressed and finding it very hard to cope without Dad :( She's struggling to get through each day tbh, and is still under the doctor. And she's decided to have the bungalow valued as she's thinking about moving to Wales to be nearer her son and his family. It hasn't really come as a surprise as we were expecting it, but it's still a bit hard to take. Dad thought he was leaving Shirley with the perfect little place which had been altered and completely modernised to make life easier for her...but I can understand why she wants to go.

Anyway, Saints beat Bath away today so that was an excellent result for us. And my food has been pretty reasonable, apart from a glass of wine and a custard tart which I just couldn't resist tonight!

Catch you tomorrow guys xxx

Emmaline said:
Lovely to see that you have had a great time and enjoying life to the full at the mo'. Long may it continue...:)

Thanks emmaline x

Might have enjoyed it a bit too much this weekend lol! Back on the wagon today!!!

.Nicki. said:
not sure I have enough time to catch up with the last 3 months of the most popular diary on minis but just wanted to let you know that i'm back bestie xx

Hey Bestie!!!!

How pleased am I that you're back!!! On my phone atm but I'll seek u out later!!! Xxx

So I'm currently in the gym, trying to burn off the excesses of the weekend!

Suppose it started with the buffet on Friday...and just kept going!

Yesterday was lovely tho...Shirley came for dinner and we had a wonderful day, but rather a lot of wine. She doesn't think she's going to sell the bungalow just yet, but it's not out of the question. I don't want her to move...she's like my last link to Dad.

Last night Gwyn was in a charity choir concert so Andrew and I went along. It was lovey, and I was really proud of Gwyn...he really has a beautiful voice :). And he's been struggling with a chest infection which is a pain any time, but when you're 73 and have copd and asthma, it's even more amazing how he never lets it stop him from doing anything.

Not much point writing my food/drink down for the weekend as there was so much of it I can't actually remember ... But I have 4 days till wi to limit the damage! So it'll be the gym every day for me!!!

See u later xxx

Morning!

Well done you going to the gym. Very impressed for a Monday morning. I'm on a train to Manchester but feeling so sleepy. Think I'll try snooze, still got an hour to go then listening to lots of presentations for the rest of the day (well im giving one too) so better not doze off then!

Have a good day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Evening all x

I am sooo tired! Can you believe I was in bed by 9 o'clock tonight!

I got a bit carried away at the gym this morning and ended up doing somewhere in the region of 18k split between running, rowing, cycling & elliptical...and I did all the weights too. Afterwards I managed to stagger to the canteen and meet Sarah for coffee...had to drag her out cos she was so busy :(

Then it was off to the garage to see about sorting my exhaust out as it's been blowing for a while. When the mechanic started up the engine, he laughed and said "hmmm...it does sound a bit sporty doesn't it?"!!! Well it turned out that the middle part needs replacing so it's going back tomorrow afternoon to be done. And while he was looking at the car, he noticed the back tyres were flat (and had been for quite a while!) so he checked them out and found half a screw stuck in one of them! And one of the front tyres was only pumped up to half of what it should be! I'm not that good with cars really...

Mum came up tonight as the hairdresser was coming, and she, Vicki and I all had the chop! It was nice to have a good chat with mum, and I've invited her to dinner next Sunday.

We had 2 good bits of news today concerning Vicki's fiance Matt. Firstly he got his car back after his accident, and the garage has done a fabulous job in repairing it. And secondly he got the job he applied for at the Car Warehouse!!! It's £4000 a year more than his current job pays, plus he'll get a discount, and his Dad works there so he can probably car share. I'm really pleased for the lad.

And I've been sooo good with my food today. Hoping that with the extra exercise I'm doing, I won't gain too much or have sts this week.

Today's food SEx day

porridge (B)
milk (1/2 A1)
banana

2 x ryvita (4)
philly (2)
salad
beetroot
balsamic vinegar
yoghurt

chicken salad
beetroot
salad cream (2)
strawberries and jelly (2)

Milky coffee (1/2 A1)
hi fi bar (B2)

Total syns - 10
Exercise - treadmill 2.5k
rowing 5k
elliptical .5k
cycling 10k
weights

Wow to all that exercise, that is amazing but bet you ache today! You definitely deserve a good result on those scales.

Well done to Matt, that's great news.

Not so great about your car, hope it's not going to be too costly. I'm useless with cars, no twiddly squat about them!

You off today? Have a good one. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Bestie!!!!

How pleased am I that you're back!!! On my phone atm but I'll seek u out later!!! Xxx

I'm in the silver diary section and you can see pictures of your new nephew and maybe Suki's boyfriend :D

Hi Dawn
Loving all your exercise hope you not too achey today ;-) I'm still resting my knee going to give it another week and then see how it is.
Have a great week and hope wi goes well on thurs xx keep smiling :)

Back