Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

It doesn't sound awful sometimes its the only way we can deal with things that hurt us so badly we block it out or build a wall around, I can't listen to Ave maria without breaking down as it played for my best friend and her mum (Or mum2 and gran as they were to me) at the crem and that was over 5 years ago. We all here for you Dawn whatever you need or whether its just to take your mind of things we will waiting be here for you xxxxxx

I wish I could be in denial at times. There are lots of songs that make me think of sad times. At my gdad funeral they played the circle of life. I couldn't watch the lion king for a long time after. It still makes me cry but that's also because it's sad when Simba's dad dies and simba goes wake up dad! :(

I'm a giant baby actually, cry at so much. Happy things, sad things. You name I'll be welling up!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm all for burying feelings, sometimes its just the only way. I can't listen to Eva Cassidy and that was almost 10 years ago, in fact just thinking about it sets me off.
Anywho knowing you the little bit you've gained will be gone by summer :D

You ladies are all awesome!

Thank you xxx:grouphugg:

I cry at the "drop of a hat"...:D ....nothing wrong with letting your feelings out!
I heard a song this morning on the C&W radio called "I will send you a letter from New Orleans" by Raymond Froggatt a local country singer... for some unknown reason it always makes me sob uncontrollably! I don't know anyone in New Orleans...never been there...and it's not really a sad song..so I don't know why??? Must be a real oddity me....:confused:

Anyway..more importantly Dawn..it's nice to have fond memories of someone especially your Dad and a few tears too. Take care my woman..:flowers:

Evening peeps x

Pleased to report another day on plan thank goodness! :clap:I was somewhat tempted to pick at some food this morning while I was helping Vicki and Matt make the sandwiches for the cricket lunch, but I resisted. :innocent0002:

And then I started to think about what to do for dinner, and I really fancied the sw microwave lentil dahl. Well I searched high and low for my opened half packet of red lentils but couldn't find it anywhere. I was just starting to lose my rag when I came across a tin of green lentils...not quite the same but they had to do...so I used them along with a tin of mixed veg, and it was absolutely gorgeous! Gwyn and I had it with some Batchelors curry rice and a spoonful of chutney...lovely. :drool:

Shirley popped in this afternoon for a cuppa and cake (cake resisted too...how good am I??? :angel09:). We hadn't seen her for a while as she'd been staying in London with her son, so we had quite a lot to catch up on. I did succumb to a rather cheeky G&T as it would have have been very rude to expect Shirley to have a drink on her own! We've invited her to dinner tomorrow night as it's going to be a difficult day for us all. :cry:I'm working so Gwyn will be head chef tomorrow...chicken casserole with new potatoes, carrots and peas, and for those not on a diet the dessert is fruit strudel. I'm having fresh strawberries.

Todays Food Green Day

porridge (B1)
milk (1/2 A1)
banana

lentil dahl
rice
chutney (2)
yoghurt (1)

G&T (4)

2 wm toast
marmite
toms
cheese (1/2A1 + A2)
sauce (2)

options hot choc (2)

2 A's
2 B's
11 syns
No exercise

See you tomorrow. I'm hoping to get to the gym for 7 and then I'm working at 8.30...if I'm still suffering from aches and pains I'll give the gym a miss. Enjoy the rest of your evening...I'm currently watching The Comedy Gala with Vicki and Gwyn. Vicki and Matt went to the O2 Arena to see it live a couple of weeks ago.:D

I love the comedy gala, watching it on +1 waiting for andi oshi, I saw her last year live and she was fantastic! Glad you have another good day on plan must make lentil dahl now I finally have a microwave again!x

Good Morning, have a lovely as can be Monday :) :bighug:

Last edited:
I no today is going to be super hard but just wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you and sending you lots of bestie (and alfie, bella and maisie) loves and hugs

Thanks for all your kind messages x

Today is going ok so far I think. Work isn't too bad either.

I got up at 6 to go to the gym but as soon as I got out of bed I realised I wasn't going anywhere as my neck and shoulder was the worst it's ever been! So I got back in bed for an hour having taken yet more paracetamol. Penny texted me with a good idea...she suggested I take my wheat bag to work as heat sometimes helps so I did that. I've had it on most of the day but unfortunately still feeling rather nauseous from the pain. Hope it's gone by tomorrow.

I'm going to stop by the graveyard on the way home and visit Dad. I'll pick some flowers up to take with me. And then we're having Shirley over for dinner tonight which will be nice for all of us. And at 8pm we'll have a toast to Dad.

Sorry this is so miserable today. I really haven't got anything else to talk about. I can post my food as I know what I'm having, and I may not get the chance to come back on here later :)

Today's food Green Day

Porridge (B1)
Milk (1/2 A1)
Banana

Sw lentil Dahl
Rice
Apple
Orange
2 satsumas
Yoghurt

Chicken (B2)
New pots
Carrots
Peas
Gravy (2)
Strawberries

Wine (12)
Options hot choc (2 + 1/2 A1)

16 syns
1 A
2 B's
No exercise again

I'll be back to normal tomorrow guys! You all have a great day and thanks for being there xxx

Big hugs dawn xxx

Sending hugs and lots of love
:bighug: :grouphugg:

Hi ladies x

Just a quickie to say thank you so much for your lovely posts, texts and pm's xxx

Confession time...last nights food went to pot and doesn't really resemble what I wrote down in advance in any way! But I'm fine with that and I'm doing my best to get on track again today.

In the car park at the moment as I don't start work until 8.30. My neck and shoulder are easier today, although I'm still dosed up on painkillers. At 1am this morning, Gwyn was using a heat massager thing on me and then rubbed Deep Heat in so that may have helped :)

Anyway, better walk up to the office now so hopefully I'll see u later xxx

skinnydawn said:
Hi ladies x

Just a quickie to say thank you so much for your lovely posts, texts and pm's xxx

Confession time...last nights food went to pot and doesn't really resemble what I wrote down in advance in any way! But I'm fine with that and I'm doing my best to get on track again today.

In the car park at the moment as I don't start work until 8.30. My neck and shoulder are easier today, although I'm still dosed up on painkillers. At 1am this morning, Gwyn was using a heat massager thing on me and then rubbed Deep Heat in so that may have helped :)

Anyway, better walk up to the office now so hopefully I'll see u later xxx

Morning!

Youre allowed a night off food. There were far more important things going on yesterday than your food. But back on it today!!!

Glad your neck is a tad better. Be careful and I hope it continues to ease.

Hope work goes ok xxx

Ps do you know how the wonderful Gail did on Sunday? Was thinking of her.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ignore yesterday's food - as Penny says other things were far more important. But back on it today or else smacked botty :whoopass:

Let us know, if you know, how Gail did in Manchester. I watched it on TV but didn't spot her.

Thought about asking a doctor about your neck and shoulder? It's starting to sound like slightly more than a mere strain.

Evening lovely ladies (and Sarah ;))

Feeling much better today thank you, both physically and mentally.

Yesterday was a difficult day of course, but we were prepared for that, and it went ok. Sadly Andrew couldn't face having dinner with us all in the evening and so went to my mums for a few hours instead. I had intended to stick to plan but of course it all went out of the window after I'd been to see Dad. So a combination of alcohol, cakes and chocolate was consumed...and in impressively generous quantities too. But as I said I'm just going to forget yesterday and I've been fine today :)

My neck and shoulder continue to be a damn nuisance but the pain is certainly better than it has been for ages. I really hoping it will be completely better by the weekend. If I'm still struggling next week, I'll make an appointment to see the nurse or doctor, I promise Auntie Bev! :hug99:

Gail did really well on her run!!! She shaved 7min 43secs off of her time last year!!! But typical of Gail, she was a little disappointed as she missed her goal time by 9 secs lol! So I'm immensely proud of her, as I'm sure is everyone else!!! :happy096:

I'm quite looking forward to work tomorrow as I'm only doing a couple of hours then I'm picking my old crew mate of 8 years up and we're going on a conflict resolution course! It's only for 3 hours but as it's nearly an hours drive away we won't need to go back into work after it's finished! :D Bob was like a brother to me and was a massive support when I was going through my divorce and other very difficult times so it's going to be brilliant to spend the afternoon with him. Also I got a phone call today inviting me to a reunion of people who worked out of one of the old hospitals in Northampton, St Edmunds, and as Bob and I were there every day for years until it closed I'm hoping he'll go with me :D

Ok must post my food so I can see if I can have a hi fi bar and a drink for supper...!

Red day

porridge (B1)
milk (1/2 A1)
banana

chicken tikka salad
salad cream (2)
crisps (4 1/2)
apple
tangerine
orange
grapes

Ham and egg salad