Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Fab loss well done :) I think all us old faces will always be here now lol xx

Yay well done. Great loss and yes we will always be around, so stick with us. Emma and I are going to need lots of weight loss support next year as we attempt to lose our mummy tummys!!! X

Oh god yes lol I could do with reigning it in now I can't stomach fruit or veg :-/

Fab loss well done :) I think all us old faces will always be here now lol xx

Well I certainly hope so for my sake Emma xxx

Yay well done. Great loss and yes we will always be around, so stick with us. Emma and I are going to need lots of weight loss support next year as we attempt to lose our mummy tummys!!! X

Lol x At least you guys have the sense to tackle it straight away! I gained loads with all three of my pregnancies as I used it as an excuse to eat pretty much anything and everything, and I spent most of my 20's and 30's overweight.

Was that someone from weigh-in????

Well, you remember me telling you some time ago about the nude modelling I used to do... ;-)

Well done on this weeks loss! And, I agree with Gail! Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you Lynne! Yes she does talk a lot of sense! Xx

Well ladies I'm being very lazy at the moment and still in bed! In fairness I've had a big IBS flare up overnight and so won't be going far from a lol this morning anyway lol. Luckily we don't have any plans for today so that's ok. I really ought to tidy the bedroom actually...my dressing table is a real mess and the exercise machine is buried under a mountain of clothes! And I can't remember the last time I dusted up here...out of sight, out of mind lol. But I can't go anywhere at the moment as I've got a sleeping Suki laying on me. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to play on minis...the housework can wait ;-) xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done on the loss last night chica - well done you.

. . . There's something quite comforting about returning to find the same old faces are still here lol! Xx
Comforting but depressing! As most of us have gained a bit - hence we're still here :cry:
But I agree with your sister - deffo come and talk to us on here. Food or otherwise, we're always here with a sympathetic ear or a shoulder to cry on.

PS - give Gail a big hug from me too. It's over 18 months since I saw her at the Rufford Park meet:eek:

Well done on the loss last night chica - well done you. Comforting but depressing! As most of us have gained a bit - hence we're still here :cry: But I agree with your sister - deffo come and talk to us on here. Food or otherwise, we're always here with a sympathetic ear or a shoulder to cry on. PS - give Gail a big hug from me too. It's over 18 months since I saw her at the Rufford Park meet:eek:

I know what you mean Bev. You don't really notice the time passing if you're on here constantly but when you go awol and come back, you notice so many changes APART from who's still here lol!

Has it really been 18 months since Rufford?! That was quite a day! So lovely to meet everyone and properly get to know each other. It was just a shame about the weather!

image-3697623367.jpg

image-1661357904.jpg

image-2292789911.jpg

image-1264558430.jpg

image-1829491482.jpg

We look sooooooo COLD by that lake lol!!! The meal was warming though...jacket spuds and beans all round! ;-)

. . . We look sooooooo COLD by that lake lol!!! The meal was warming though...jacket spuds and beans all round! ;-)
Cold doesn't even cover it!
I had so many clothes on it was unbelievable - thermal vest and leggings, t-shirt, thin jumper, thick jumper, 2 pairs of socks plus hat, scarf and gloves. And my Ski jacket - which I've never ever been cold in on a ski slope - even at -10!
And I still shivered!!!!!

. . . Has it really been 18 months since Rufford?!
And it was actually 21 months ago - in a few days. :cry:

Last edited:
Hahahahaha! I remember! Of course you're used to hotter climates! I did feel sorry for you, shivering away. And everyone was buying gloves and hats in that shop!

Hi there guys x

So...Today has been a day of honest talking and decision making, and I think I'm feeling better for it.

I started off by tidying the bedroom which was long overdue! And then I dyed my hair which always makes me feel good! By the time I'd done the housework it was nearly lunchtime so I sat in the conservatory for an hour and had a play on my iPad using the keyboard that Suzanne had given me. I'm a bit of a technophobe when it comes to things like that but it was fairly easy to set up and I quite enjoyed myself.

After lunch Andrew said he was popping up to work to drop his time sheet in and asked if I wanted to come. So I went with him and managed to have a good chat with Dawn. She's one of the team leaders and deals with all the rotas and planning, and the only one who's really approachable. I explained that I wasn't coping with the stress of day control and that I believed it was making me ill. I don't sleep, my chest is tight, I can't get off the loo and I feel sick when I'm due to go in. It's no way to carry on! So I've asked if they can put me back on the road again. Dawn says she can certainly use me on the road but obviously the final decision isn't hers to make. And there's the issue that I may not be fit enough as the reason I went in the office in the first place was because I had a bad experience and was off work for 10 months. Also, dawn was saying that there's going to be ANOTHER shake up of the shifts so I'll just have to wait and see if there's a position I can do. But I'm feeling more positive. And of course I don't have to accept anything if it's worse than what I'm already doing.

The second positive thing to happen today was that my friend and I have had a very honest talk and cleared the air a little. We've accepted that we were both in the wrong and apologised. Unfortunately things won't ever be the same but I'm hopeful we can remain friends :) So on the whole I'm feeling a bit happier. I've been on plan and really enjoyed my food too. And I managed to catch up on a few diaries last night when I couldn't sleep so "every cloud..." Lol

Today's Food EE

No breakfast...too busy!

3 ryvitas (B)
75g philly light (A)
Salmon
Crisps (4)

Chicken stir fry
Stir fry sauce (4)

Milky coffee (4)
Brandy (3)
A + B
15 syns

X

Last edited:
Thats good news Dawn. I'm glad that you had the courage to talk to a work colleague about the stress the job causes you and cleared the air with your friend. We all say and do things when we are upset but at least you both got the chance to apologise which is not something we all get the chance to do. Well done you :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Dawnie

Well done on the weight loss :D Keep up the good work!

I remember when you all met up. Lovely pics. It's a shame that Steve hasn't come back to minis... Are you still in touch?

So happy to hear that you've had a chat with your friend. I'm glad you have put some of the argument behind you. Sometimes things like this need to happen in order to move forward. Painful as it is. I hope you can work it out.

I hope the IBS has settled.

love

jane xx

Thats good news Dawn. I'm glad that you had the courage to talk to a work colleague about the stress the job causes you and cleared the air with your friend. We all say and do things when we are upset but at least you both got the chance to apologise which is not something we all get the chance to do. Well done you :) Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks hunni x Yes the heat of the moment can really get to you sometimes can't it? I must say I'm feeling a bit calmer now and also about work.

Hi Dawnie Well done on the weight loss :D Keep up the good work! I remember when you all met up. Lovely pics. It's a shame that Steve hasn't come back to minis... Are you still in touch? So happy to hear that you've had a chat with your friend. I'm glad you have put some of the argument behind you. Sometimes things like this need to happen in order to move forward. Painful as it is. I hope you can work it out. I hope the IBS has settled. love jane xx

Thanks Jane! It was a fab meet despite the cold! I'm glad I wasn't driving though as the snow came down so quickly! Sarah did a great job getting us both home safely.

Yes I'm still in touch with Steve most days. He's put a bit of weight back on (haven't we all?! ;)) but it's coming off again now that he's "hardcore" lol. He's quite busy with work (for an energy company), SW, his radio club, various other forums, and following his beloved Sunderland all round the country so I'm not really expecting him to reappear on here in the foreseeable future! My son Daniel is a devout Newcastle fan so on match days he sometimes sends me abusive texts to pass on to Dan! I'll tell him you were asking after him when we next speak x

The IBS has flared up again tonight and I'm wondering if it could be the ryvitas I had for lunch? I'm assuming there's bran in them and as I was bad last night after having scan bran I'm thinking there may be a link? Anyway, Andrew got me a rather nice brandy to have with my coffee tonight so hopefully I'll nod off soon and it will settle down! Xx

Hi Dawn, hope that brandy did the trick last night and you are feeling better today. Glad you managed to get things off your chest with work and your friend too, I'm sure it was a relief.

Happy weekend xxx

Hi Dawn, hope that brandy did the trick last night and you are feeling better today. Glad you managed to get things off your chest with work and your friend too, I'm sure it was a relief. Happy weekend xxx

Aww thank you for that Laura x Feeling much better and positive. The only uncertainty I have is what hours they'll offer me. They could be rubbish! Just hoping they're not too bad :) You have a great weekend too xx

Evening chica - Sounds pretty horrific at work.
Here's hoping you can get back out on the road and that it relieves some of the stress..

Also good that you've at least managed to talk things through with your friend.
I know the bust up must have been pretty awful but we're all getting too old to lose friends.

Evening chica - Sounds pretty horrific at work. Here's hoping you can get back out on the road and that it relieves some of the stress.. Also good that you've at least managed to talk things through with your friend. I know the bust up must have been pretty awful but we're all getting too old to lose friends.
Thank you Bev and well said x Actually I'm sitting here after a busy day and I've just realised that I haven't eaten! Oops! What with one thing and another I haven't had the best appetite over the past week but I've certainly not forgotten to eat before. It's no problem though as I'll cook some tea in a minute. After enjoying a nice cup of tea in bed, I put some washing on and starting cleaning the bathrooms. Then I thought I'd text gorgeous Gail to see how she was...and that led to yet another two hour phone call lol! Just love that girl to bits! Now call us mad but...we're thinking about trying to stay on plan for the weekend that I'm staying there! It IS just a thought at the moment but both of us are quite relishing the challenge! We wouldn't be TOTALLY hardcore of course...probably we will still have the odd naughty dessert and bottle of wine...but the majority of our food would be syn free. I am so SO excited about going lol! And once again she's asked me to pass on her love to everyone who knows her, and in particular Bev. She says she still has the saffron you gave her!! We went to see Vicki and Matthews new house today and could actually get inside. It's lovely! There's loads to do yet but you can see it's going to be perfect for them. And it was the first time we got to see the garden so that was nice. It's just mud of course as the builders don't do it but Andrew has already offered to do the turfing, put a shed base down and extend the patio. I'll pop back and update my food when I've had something to eat! Catch you later guys xxx Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

image-2176766176.jpg

image-2300581703.jpg

image-3155554084.jpg

Not eaten yet??!!! What? I don't go more than an hour without thinking of food and eating!!!

Lol x But you need to eat TWICE as much! ;)

I've eaten now! I had a big plate of fish in breadcrumbs, salad and pasta. Oh and a rather nice glass of red wine too. And now I'm curled up with the X factor :)

EE

Fish (6)
Salad
Salad cream (2)
Pasta (1)
Wine (6)

So that's all my syns in one meal! And I'll have some milk and a hifi bar for my A and B :)

Back