Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hi Dawn

i know it's a worry but I'm sure the doggies will be fine. X

i find the 30% lighter salad cream tastes exactly the same as regular salad cream and the 70% lighter is also nice but I can't get hold of it here! I can't live without salad cream - LOL!

It sounds like you had a lovely lunch yesterday. Afternoon snoozes are fab though aren't they?!

Good luck at weigh in this morning.

jx

Thanks Bev and Jane xx

Very much a mixed bag today, but mainly good!

Gwyn went shopping while I showered and tidied up and I had quite a late breakfast. As I was brushing Suki she let out a little whimper as if she was in pain! It really frightened me so I stopped brushing her and called Gwyn in. His immediate thought was that maybe there was a problem with Sukis hernia but we carefully pushed it in and it went in just as easily as it usually does, and she didn't cry out at all, so we decided to leave her to rest and see how she was later. She's been lethargic all day now, not wanting food, panting, her nose is running, she seems quite agitated and unsettled, and she looks as if she's in pain. I think she's having a reaction to the vaccination as she was unwell last time but not as bad as this. The worst thing is the little whimpers she keeps making :( Thankfully she seems to have just settled down on our bed now so I'm hoping she'll be better after a good nights sleep. If not then it looks like another trip to the vets for the poor little thing :(

This afternoon Suzanne picked me up and we went shopping in Milton Keynes. The big centre there has a fantastic selection of shops and it was nice to have a look around. I bought a few things from Lakeland for the kitchen, and some very low syn crisps and popcorn from Boots.

We had to rush back to Northampton for Wi but we needn't have worried as Katie texted to say she'd got there early and the scales were broken! So our consultant had to ring another one and ask her to bring her scales to group! And then apparently the PDA wouldn't work for a while either! So when we got there, everyone was still queuing to be weighed!

But I didn't mind as I lost 3lbs!!! I'm so pleased with that! And a lot of the credit must go to Gail as she kept me on track ALL the time I was staying with her!

And then during class, my c said that she'd had some nice remarks from some of her ladies regarding some of my comments on her SW FB page. It's a bit like a tiny version of minis really, and often people post if they're struggling with something, and I sometimes just say what I would do in that situation, or simply offer some encouragement. But I can only do that when I'M totally on plan as it doesn't feel right offering up opinions on things if you're not doing it yourself! So because I've been so focused recently, I've been responding to various posts, and my c said that she'd actually left some of them intending to go back to them when she'd thought about what to say...but that I'd answered them in the meantime and thanked me lol! I think it must come from being on here! Once I start, you can't shut me up!!!

And then...

I only went and got awarded joint Miss Slinky with another member called Holly!!! I couldn't believe it! I was totally shocked! Both Holly and I were called out to the front and asked to speak to the class about our journeys. And afterwards we were given some flowers and a certificate. What a lovely surprise!

Oh and in other news, I will be going back out on the road in a weeks time! I'm both nervous and excited about it! I'll only be on a car or little combi ambulance to start off with but that suits me as no lifting and carrying to do :)

image-3939681825.jpg

image-4206168280.jpg

image-2598151878.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Wow. An amazing day. You totally deserve Miss Slinky and your fabulous loss. The last 3 weeks have really been fab for you. -3 lbs, only +1.5 lbs despite time away AND a big loss the previous week and then -3 lbs again. Totally fab.

So proud of you. We have helped each other - but whatever I say to you, the only person who controls what you put in your mouth is you. So go girl :)

So all change at work - please keep me posted (didn't mention that on our texts did you ??! I have to read it on Minis to know ??). Hope it goes well.

I have just got up after just over an hours sleep *urghhhhh* but hopefully most of what I needed to do is now done and the rest can be done when I get to work early. And it's Friday. I stayed on plan yesterday despite feeling a bit low and demotivated and I am ready for a rest this weekend (well maybe not because I've got loads on but should at least feel a bit better). So although I know (as above), the only person who controls what goes in my mouth is me, you have really helped me get back on track and have the first full week in AGES where I've stuck completely and utterly to plan. I feel really good about that (and am even smiling now at the thought at 6.41am) so thanks a million sis.

Hope Suki is feeling better. Have another good day (and the flowers are beautiful).

Love Gail xxxxxx

Thank you Gail!!! You're doing brilliantly! Another day on plan under your belt (which must me getting a bit loose now! ;)) Well done xxx

No I didn't mention the job as we had quite enough to talk about without me bringing that up as well lol! I will be going back to my old hours working 3 on, 2 off and then 2 on, 3 off and to start off with my hours will be 10 - 18.30 but that could change :)

Got woken up by workmen digging up the road this morning :( They were supposed to come Monday but didn't turn up! Better late than never I suppose.

I'm going to rind the vet now as Suki has been panting all night and is still very lethargic. It might be worth us popping her down for a check up just to put out minds at rest.

Catch you later guys xxx

Well hello Miss Slinky! :-D.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look soooo skinny in your photos :)

I hope the doggie gets well soon. Having had hernias, I know that if you can push it in, all is probably well. It's when it goes all hard and won't push in that it's a danger and hurts like heLL!

Jane xx

Well hello Miss Slinky! :-D. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look soooo skinny in your photos :) I hope the doggie gets well soon. Having had hernias, I know that if you can push it in, all is probably well. It's when it goes all hard and won't push in that it's a danger and hurts like heLL! Jane xx

Ooh thanks Jane x
Yes Suki is really not herself bless her. She's so clingy and hasn't got of my lap all morning. I've done absolutely nothing other than cuddle her, poor little thing. We've got her booked in for the vets this afternoon and hopefully it wont be too serious. I'm thinking we'll probably be cancelling her op on Tuesday regardless xx

Oooh, congratulations Miss Slinky :) Very well deserved. And well done on your 3lb loss, that's no mean feat!!

Hope Suki is ok, poor thing xxx

Thank you Laura and Penny x

Poor little Suki isn't very well :( The vet gave her a thorough examination and it was quite obvious she's in pain. I thought it was coming from her abdomen but the vet thinks it's her back. She tried to feel her stomach but Sukis muscles were so tense from the pain that the vet couldn't feel through them. The pain could be caused by a fall or twisting, or or of course there could be more serious going on. So Suki had an injection to ease it and we have some tablets to start tomorrow night. She has to have complete rest, no steps, and we have another appointment on Monday morning. If we have any concerns over the weekend she wants us to take Suki to the emergency vet, and if she's no better on Monday we may need to have bloods and X-rays. But fingers crossed it won't come to that, and that after a good rest she'll be fine. She's asleep at the moment :)

Haven't had much to eat as I've been quite worried obviously. It wasn't until I was making bns lasagne for tea that I realised I hadn't eaten all day. But I made up for it with my tea and I'll probably be back to update later with some supper.

Green day

Bns lasagne 1/2 A for cheese
Salad (NO salad cream!)

X

Aww poor suki, hope she's feeling better soon and you look after yourself meantime xx

Oh no :-( Get well soon Suki xxx
Aww poor suki, hope she's feeling better soon and you look after yourself meantime xx

Thank you for your concern ladies and I'm glad to say that Suki does seem quite a bit better today :) We didn't have a brilliant night as we were so worried about her, and she was very agitated and distressed with the pain. But she did settle down eventually...I couldn't sleep though, much like the night before :( This morning Suki seemed a bit perkier and we managed to hand feed her some treats. And as the day has gone on, she's gradually improved to the point that she's wagging her tail! And she had some fish and chicken for tea with her painkiller hidden inside! So obviously it's hard to tell if she's actually getting better or if she's simply responding to the painkillers but either way she's certainly a lot happier :)

I was supposed to go to church this morning with Gwyn to prepare the oranges for tomorrow's Christingle service but we decided it would be best if I stayed home with Suki. There were plenty of other people going to help so it wasn't a problem. So the first thing I did was get the stair gate out of the garage just in case a certain little doggy was tempted to try and climb the stairs! Then I had a tidy up, did some washing, made some bacon sarnies for Andrew and Wes before they went to work, and then hoovered. Then I thought it was about time I got showered and dressed as I was still in my dressing gown, and who should ring me as I'm just getting out of the shower but Gail! It was a good job she hadn't FaceTimed me lol! So we had the most WONDERFUL chat! That lovely lady is SO motivated at the moment and it's really contagious! I had such a big smile on my face as she told me all about how focused she is, and I honestly couldn't be more pleased and proud!

Gwyn came while I was still chatting to Gail... We do tend to chat for a while...and then it was time to start getting ready to go to the Saints. It wasn't a particularly good game from a spectator point of view but we won so that's the main thing! And we picked up a Chinese curry to share on the way home which was yummy! It's funny because I couldn't find the syn value of a Chinese curry ANYWHERE, not even on the official SW website. But I did see that 150g of fried rice is 2 syns so that was helpful.

And now I'm sitting on the settee watching the recording that Gwyn put on of the saints match...while he's fast asleep! And so are the dogs, bless them :)

EE day

B - forgot .. Too busy!
L - onion ring crisps 3
Banana
T - 1/2 Chinese curry ?8
150g fried rice 2
Wine 6

Milky coffee A
Hifi bar B

A + B
19 syns but quite happy with that as they were all planned and we did walk part way to the match and back :)

image-370923964.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Dawn
Well done on miss slinky :)) well deserved x
Glad your doggy is feeling better too
Thanks for popping by my diary you are always a great support x

Hi Dawn Well done on miss slinky :)) well deserved x Glad your doggy is feeling better too Thanks for popping by my diary you are always a great support x

Thanks hunni! And it's always a pleasure to pop in and see you! Xx

Morning Glad Suki is showing signs of improvement and that Gail is doing amazingly well. Sounds like you had a good day yesterday although hardly any food there missus! Forgetting to eat is not a good habit to get into ;) Any plans for today? X

Thanks Penny x Suki looks even better this morning :) She's just had her tablet (wrapped in MY smoked salmon!) and now she's hassling Gwyn for some of his Honey Nut Cornflakes lol! So good to see her almost back to normal.

I'm a bit hit and miss with my food sometimes! If I'm busy I tend to forget or just put it off until I'm done and then it's a bit late lol! But I normally make up for it in the evening with a hifi bar for supper :)

I don't think we have any plans today other than Gwyn is off to church in a minute and I'm going to see what culinary delights I can find in the freezer for dinner!

I really should do some housework too but I don't want to wake Andrew and Wes up. They came home from work about 12.30am and so they're still in bed. They are so funny tho! When they got back last night, Suki barked and so both the lads came in out room and we had a natter! They often do that and I love the fact that they like to tell us about their day, as big as they are! We had quite a giggle as they got their ambulance stuck in some mud yesterday and had to go looking for some help to tow it out! Luckily there was a fire engine at the local school checking their fire alarms so they pulled/pushed them out!!!

Morning!

I'm glad to hear Suki is improving and had appetite for dinner last night. I remember my old dog used to be able to eat his dinner all around any tablet hidden in his food and just leave the pill in the bowl! We couldn't believe it as he wolfed his food!

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good night again - hopefully after you see the vet tomorrow, your mind will be at rest xxx

Morning! I'm glad to hear Suki is improving and had appetite for dinner last night. I remember my old dog used to be able to eat his dinner all around any tablet hidden in his food and just leave the pill in the bowl! We couldn't believe it as he wolfed his food! Sorry to hear you didn't have a good night again - hopefully after you see the vet tomorrow, your mind will be at rest xxx

Lol! Blooming animals are so clever aren't they! I did have to hand feed Suki the salmon and tablet but I don't mind as long as she eats it!

The sleeping thing is really getting me down now :( I seem to nod off about 1ish and then I'm awake by 3!!! So annoying! Yes hopefully all will be well at the vets tomorrow but I'm still thinking we will cancel Sukis spaying on Tuesday as I think we should make sure she's definitely on the mend first. It's a big op and I don't want her to be taking any unnecessary risks.

Just had a cuppa with Wes, made him a bacon sandwich and now he's off to get dressed for work (and to wake Andrew up!). I'm just thinking about dinner now. I took a pack of 6 pork chops out of the freezer, but I'm not sure how many of us will be eating. Andrews going to work, Daniel and Katie have gone to Towcester races, and Vicki and Matt are still in bed. If they're going out then it only leaves me and Gwyn...bit of a waste taking 6 chops out! There's a pack of 2 lamb chops in there so I'll wait till 11 and then see what Vicki is doing. I don't want to wake her up as they were late to bed last night. Ooh Andrews up so I'm on bacon sarnie duty again!

Back soon! :)

Oh poo! Suki has just come in from the garden and she's crying again and holding herself like she's in pain :( I can't believe it :( She was doing so well.

Oh poo! Suki has just come in from the garden and she's crying again and holding herself like she's in pain :( I can't believe it :( She was doing so well.

Bless her, it's horrible seeing them pain and not being able to do anything for them, hope she feels better again soon xx

Back