Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Hello peeps x

Finally sitting down after a busy day! The dogs woke us up about 6am by jumping on the bed and asking to go out...but not before one of them ( don't know which one) had peed on the bed! Lovely! Nothing quite like stretching your legs out and dunking them in cold pee! So of course the whole bed had to be stripped and washed, and the mattress cleaned which wasn't the best start to our Sunday morning!

Gwyn went to church and I pottered about until Mum and Maddy arrived. Matthew wasn't feeling so good so just mum, Maddy, Vicki and I went to see the house. It's coming on but there's LOADS still to do! And they've fixed the shower head in the wrong place so we had to sort that out but all in all it's looking good. Mum absolutely loved it! She thinks that Gwyn and I should sell our house after Vicki's moved out and buy one on her estate! It's quite tempting as we'll only really need three bedrooms then but I can't see us doing that until Daniel has moved out too.

Just having a quick sit down now before getting ready to go to Gwyn's choir concert tonight which should be fun. They normally give out mince pies and stollen cake at half time so I'm wondering whether to take a hifi bar with me to make it easier to resist!

Red day

B - porridge B1
- milk 1/2 A1

L - 2 x wm toast B2
- bacon
- egg
- 35g lf cheese A2
- sauce 2
- yoghurt 1/2
- oil 1

Lunch wasn't until 3pm so for tea I'm expecting to just have either a mince pie ( if I'm feeling naughty ) or a hifi bar ( if I'm feeling good! ) ;) so far I've only had 3 1/2 syns so I'm not too worried :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Boo to dog pee on the bed!
I hope you're having a good time at the choir concert and have had some yummy mince pies :drool:

Boo to dog pee on the bed! I hope you're having a good time at the choir concert and have had some yummy mince pies :drool:

Lol x well I have to confess I had a glass of wine AND a mince pie! And we had the most brilliant time! I really love Christmas carol concerts, especially when Gwyn is singing :)

image-1402895982.jpg

Oh and here's little Sasha wearing her big sister Sukis dress!

image-1368345475.jpg

Aww lovely pics! I'm glad you had a nice time and one glass of wine and a mince pie is totally allowed at a carol concert ;-D

Aww lovely pics! I'm glad you had a nice time and one glass of wine and a mince pie is totally allowed at a carol concert ;-D
Agreed - you have to eat mince pies at Xmas. although not too many :8855:

Naughty doggy for wetting the bed, deffo not how I'd like to start my Sunday.

Thanks for your comments Jane and Bev xx

Well today I did my first shift on an ambulance in nearly 9 years! My goodness quite a few things have changed but obviously the job is still the same. It was a strange day as most of the time I felt like the new girl, and then now and again it was like I'd never been away. I was crewed with a lovely guy called Ed and we had quite a variety of patients. I'm not allowed to drive or work on my own until my CRB and driving license have been verified which is why I had to go on an ambulance rather than a car, but I really enjoyed it. Everyone at work was lovely...even my two bosses came to chat to me this morning and reassured me when I told them I was nervous! The crews were great too...lots of teasing about me doing a 'proper' days work lol! And then blow me if I didn't pick a patient up who I used to take regularly years ago! He recognised me straight away and we chatted all the way to his house!

I must admit I'm a bit tired now so will post my food and see if I can settle down to sleep.

EE day

Porridge B
Milk 1/2 A

Chicken salad
Velvet crunch 4
Tangerine
Yoghurt

Steak
New pots
Carrots
Brussels
Cabbage with sauce 2
Green beans
Tom sauce 2

Milky coffee rest of A
Hifi bar 6

A+B
14 syns

Well done on surviving your first ambulance day ;) sure you'll pick up everything with time. Can imagine it is tiring though but hopefully you'll find it more enjoyable and rewarding. How's doggy now? X

Thanks Penny!

Doggy is off all her meds and running around like a mad thing! It's so great to see her back to normal. Thank you for asking xxx

Had a really fab work day! Crewed up with a lovely lad called Dave and we got on really well. He was surprised I'd come out of the office. He even said I was his favourite day controller as I always listened and then acted regarding any problems he might have had. So that was a lovely thing to hear :)

I was told that I was able to drive from today but that I needed to go out for a spin with Kim (a road team leader) before hand. However we were sent out on two jobs so she said we could either do it later or she was happy for me just to have a little pootle with Dave. Anyway Dave drove for the first two jobs as they were out of town and then we had a local discharge back to our village. Once we'd dropped her off I thought id grab the bull by the horns and drive back to the hospital...and I loved it! I carried on driving for the next 3 patients so I could get a good feel for the ambulance. Due to the amount of work, we were very late back for our lunch so I offered to only take half an hour ( I should have an hour but Dave has half due to being on a different contract) but we were still 3/4 hr late finishing tonight. Funny thing is if I'd been in the office I'd have been stressing about it but out on the road it didn't bother me. I did text Gwyn to let him know as he was going out.

So all in all a really positive day. So glad I've started driving again. I lost all my confidence after losing a patient several years ago and consequently having a bit of a breakdown, so today was a big step and I'm really proud of myself :)

EE day

B - porridge B
Milk 1/2 A

L - chicken salad
- velvet crunch 4
- yoghurt 1/2
- apple

D - steak
- jp
-Butter bud 1/2
- carrots
- green beans
- brussels
- tom sauce 2
- yoghurt 1/2

Milky coffee rest of A
Mini hifi bar 3

A + B
10 syns

So pleased that doggy is ok now and being back driving is going good xx

Well done you.

Thanks sis.

Great to have you back Sarah :) If you fancy a catch up once you're all sorted from your hols, I'd be up for that :) Let me know when you're free.

So pleased that doggy is ok now and being back driving is going good xx

Thank you Emma x yes it's nice when things start going well for a change lol xxx

Well done Dawn! I have such admiration for peeps like yourself especially after my recent hospital escapade. So glad everything went well and your back to what you really enjoy too.

Great that your wee doggie is much better too.. what a relief.

My son was a paramedic so I know a lot about all the ups and downs in your job and all the angst too. Keep up the good work.. :happy096:

Thank you Emmaline! So lovely to see u! I will pop by after I've posted my drivel on here! Xx

I don't like to tempt fate or be TOO optimistic too early on but I've had yet another fab work day! :) I was crewed up with Dave again and we had a really good shift. In fact I was quite disappointed when I finished on time tonight lol! It was a beautiful day and we had some lovely patients...what more could I ask for? Well actually we did nearly get stuck down a narrow cobbled alleyway (Cedar Rd East Sarah) behind a patients house but somehow we managed to negotiate the turn in it and escape lol!

Feeling quite tired and a bit sore from lots of lifting/pushing/driving etc but it's all positive. The extra exercise can only be good for me and I'm not taking my sleeping tablets as I'm so tired and relaxed I don't think I need them :) I really hope this non-stressed feeling continues when I go onto the car in a couple of weeks.

Night night xx

EE day

Porridge B
Milk 1/2 A

Tuna salad 3
Velvet crunch 4
Banana
Orange
Satsuma
Apple
Yoghurt 1/2

Lasagne 3
Carrots
Brussels
Yoghurt 1/2

Milky coffee rest of A
Rocky rd 3

A+B
11 syns

Morning chica - it is lovely to see you so positively about work and sounding so much happier. Yayyyyyyyyyyyy

And yay than Suki is back to normal.

Morning ladies x

Oops forgot to post my wi last night! Mind you, there's not much to report as I stayed the same lol! I really wanted to lose 1/2lb as that would've given me my 5 st shiny back but it wasn't to be. Guess I'll just have to try and do it next week!

Had a phone call from boss yesterday asking if Andrew and I would be prepared to go to Skegness last night to help out with the flood evacuation if necessary. We both said yes but thankfully we weren't needed. We're on call all weekend just in case but I'm sure we won't be required. I'm a bit relieved really as we were both tired and didn't really fancy working through the night!

Plus I'm having my hair cut today lol!!!

Right, off to have my porridge and get tidied up. Catch u later xxx

. . . Had a phone call from boss yesterday asking if Andrew and I would be prepared to go to Skegness last night to help out with the flood evacuation if necessary.

Weather in UK on the East Coast looks really awful. Hopefully things will quieten down soon.

Weather in UK on the East Coast looks really awful. Hopefully things will quieten down soon.

We were lucky here Bev but I really feel for all the poor people caught up in the floods. I'm glad Andrew and I didn't have to help with the evacuation too.

Morning Dawn. You so deserved a loss this week hunnie. Lets hope the scales reflect our efforts next week. :):) Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Suzanne x Yes fingers crossed we both get a loss on Thursday...and Mark of course.

So it seems AGES since I've been on here! I did have a pretty busy weekend which resulted in two takeaways ( just about on plan tho ) so I have to be ultra careful over the next few days.

We got up late this morning as the dogs woke us up at 4am to go in the garden, so we had a cup of tea in bed before cracking on with some housework. I put a beef stew in the slow cooker too, and then it was time to fetch the Christmas decorations in from the garage! And so we spent a lovely afternoon doing the tree and putting up lots of decs. We're not allowed to put the fairy on the tree though as traditionally that's always been Vicki's job. I really can't believe that next year she'll be putting up her own tree in her own house.

Anyway we had quite a houseful tonight ... Gwyn, me, Matthew, Vicki, Andrew, Wes, Daniel and Katie ... so the stew went down a treat! I must say it was rather tasty and I really enjoyed it.

Also had a lovely chat with Gail and Suzanne tonight too ... Lovely end to a lovely day :)

Oh, and Gwyn has booked us into a spa hotel in Hinckley in the new year as a little treat for us both! He said he can go swimming while I have a massage...I think I can cope with that! :)

Red day

Porridge B1
Milk 1/2 A1
Banana

Beef salad
Yoghurt

Beef stew 4
Apple

Milky coffee rest of A1
Hifi mince pie bar B2

1A + 2B's
4 syns