Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Wow well done - that's a great loss but you deserve it - you've had a brilliant first week! :winner:

I am aiming to at least get to the gym for a swim twice next week. What with working full time in the NHS and providing childcare for my granddaughters age 8 and 2 I seem to have lost motivation to find time to spend on me. My gym membership includes the spa - which I have never used and I have been a member for over 6 months. Things have got to change so I have registered on Minimins for some support and straight talking !

Hi Lalama...you’ll get plenty of that here! This site thrives on supporting others so you’ll be right at home 😊
Wow I thought I was busy but you’re non stop! I used to love going to the gym when I was part time but now I just can’t fit everything in. I’m definitely going to find time for the treadmill (in the garage) on my days off next week tho ☺️

Thank you so much for your lovely support ladies x It makes so much difference to have such fabulous encouragement and I swear you’re all helping me to stick to this 😘

Take today for instance.

What an awful day it’s been. Work has been dreadful. I don’t know what makes the hospital think we can get through this snow in our ambulances when THEY can’t make it into the hospital themselves! We try our best but many of the roads were pretty inaccessible this afternoon. It was so bad that a number of my colleagues were unable to go home so the boss paid for them to stay in the hotel near base. I only live 3 miles away so decided to go home but I really struggled trying to come off of the dual carriageway. The exit is up a ramp and there were a few cars stuck with their wheels spinning and rolling back down towards me! It was really scary and not something I want to experience again! Luckily nobody hit me but it was still awful. I was so grateful to get home!

Daniel and Katie rang earlier as they’d dropped their dog off this morning before work as they weren’t going straight home afterwards and were picking up a takeaway for us all on the way back. But as the weather was so bad I suggested they stayed here and they agreed. And of course vicki and Matthew were staying over too, and once Andrew and Marika got here we practically had a party lol 😆 I’m never happier than when I’ve got all my family around me so it really cheered me up, and watching Vicki and Katie comparing bumps and swapping pregnancy stories put a smile on my face 😃

Anyway my point is NORMALLY after a day like today I’d go absolutely mad with my takeaway...creamy passanda, special rice, peshwari naan, HUGE glass of wine (or two) ... but I didn’t because I didn’t want to show myself up on here! Don’t get me wrong...I still had a curry but decided on a chicken bhuna and shared a boiled rice with Gwyn. It was actually plenty for me and I really enjoyed it. Not sure on the syns but I know it’s one of the lowest ones ( ? 12 ), so I’m definitely over but I don’t mind as I was still fully in control...and I intend to be totally on plan tomorrow. I’m amazed at how a few kind words on here can make all the difference so thank you once again ☺️

I fully wanted to go round all the diaries tonight but have only just got into bed and have to be up before 6 for work so I’m sorry I think I’ll have to have a proper catch up tomorrow night.

Take care ladies, keep warm and stay safe xx

Oh and @Georginaungi ... would you believe he’s due on the 28th!!! Xx

Oh and a couple of nice things that happened...
A chap knocked on the ambulance window and said he didn’t want anything other than to say what a good job we do! How nice is that!

And a 90yr old lady complimented me on my driving through the snow and then made my crewmate and I a cup of coffee when we got to her house! What a sweetie!

So glad you got home safely Dawn.

You are doing a great job, especially under these extreme weather conditions.

Well done on making good choices with dinner tonight.

Glad ur home safe Hun I am in Liverpool it's not bad here but terribly cold wich means me and my baby have been stuck in it must be a really tough job do u drive the ambulance amazing things you do for people omg 28th like Andre well done on ur meal luv x

Yes glad you got home safely. There are some caring folk around. How nice to knock on your window and say such a nice thing.

Good to have the family round too. Glad you enjoyed your curry. We have to live too despite trying to lose weight. 😁

Thanks ladies x

Unfortunately yesterday was worse as far as the weather was concerned. I got stuck 5 times! The last time we had to get pushed out by a patient’s son! 💪 But today it’s rhawi our nicely so that’s good.

Had an absolutely wonderful time today hosting Vicki and Matthews baby shower. It was so much fun! They opened their presents first, then we had Food, and then we spent the afternoon playing games! Pin the dummy on the donkey, name that baby tune, guess the body part on the scan...ridiculously silly games which had us crying with laughter!

And then later tonight I had a beautiful text from my daughter thanking me for a lovely weekend, saying how lucky she is to have such a supportive family, and that she hopes she’s half the Mum I am!!! Cue tears of happiness...bit embarrassing as we were in the local pub celebrating Suzanne’s dads birthday 😂

I’m not going to list my food as it’s utterly pointless and I’ve no idea if how many syns I’ve had. But I’ve had a fabulous day 😊 I’ll post some pics instead so don’t scroll down if you’re feeling a bit peckish!
Back on the wagon tomorrow!

Attachments

• 40F10BCE-5600-48D0-9AB9-9814F695E07D.jpeg
    40F10BCE-5600-48D0-9AB9-9814F695E07D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 120796D7-251A-4E5B-B8AE-A6A005DAE432.jpeg
    120796D7-251A-4E5B-B8AE-A6A005DAE432.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 54EAAFF5-819A-4D20-A87A-A4B39139B3A5.jpeg
    54EAAFF5-819A-4D20-A87A-A4B39139B3A5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • 715192C4-9CEF-4006-8997-213E92D31538.jpeg
    715192C4-9CEF-4006-8997-213E92D31538.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 4D065E9F-1B45-413F-98C6-B8ABFA83BAD1.jpeg
    4D065E9F-1B45-413F-98C6-B8ABFA83BAD1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • EB9AA9FB-CF4F-4B2A-8B69-34D75C80DCCD.jpeg
    EB9AA9FB-CF4F-4B2A-8B69-34D75C80DCCD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 3CC02792-F032-4B69-A737-1E7658F8D731.jpeg
    3CC02792-F032-4B69-A737-1E7658F8D731.jpeg
    516.7 KB · Views: 14
Such lovely pics looks and sounds like a lovely day ur food looks delish and ur sandwichs look absaloutly delightful lol I miss sandwiches with white bread I think that will be my treat big hugs x

Hello.
I'm back on here.
The food was mad. The day was loverly and the text was just perfect. ( She will be an amazing mum because her mum is amazing. )
Any way popped in to say hi. But need to get back to work as on till 9.30pm.
Will pop back later and do mine too. Xx

Hi everyone x
Feeling a bit out of sorts as I’ve just heard a good friend from Minis has died.
Some of you who have read some of my diary will have come across Steve (AKA Maximus), a mad Geordie who who was a great advocate for SW and also for walking.
Sadly I’ve found out that he passed away unexpectedly at the weekend. He was only 53 years old.
Years ago Steve played a huge part in not only my slimming journey but also the journeys of many of my mini friends. His quick wit and good humour had us in stitches, and his determination and dedication was an inspiration to us all.
RIP to a very special man x

Attachments

• 96181B52-6EAD-4868-BAC5-04F1A65E4BE1.jpeg
    96181B52-6EAD-4868-BAC5-04F1A65E4BE1.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 04EAF1DB-E163-44B5-BEEB-A49D9A3CAF91.jpeg
    04EAF1DB-E163-44B5-BEEB-A49D9A3CAF91.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 13
  • 2ADF3866-E564-4C66-BDD7-FEAD43920B0A.jpeg
    2ADF3866-E564-4C66-BDD7-FEAD43920B0A.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 50EE785E-A6EB-4FB8-81DF-6AD54C4DD939.jpeg
    50EE785E-A6EB-4FB8-81DF-6AD54C4DD939.jpeg
    498.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 0998E9A5-BCA1-402E-84A6-1775FA91E5BF.jpeg
    0998E9A5-BCA1-402E-84A6-1775FA91E5BF.jpeg
    538.7 KB · Views: 15
So it’s been a sad day today 😞

It started ok with a lovely morning spent at church. Gwyn and some of the other members recently started up a coffee morning there on a Tuesday. He’s there every Tuesday morning anyway (with 4 or 5 other chaps) as they spend the morning doing maintenance on the church.

At least that’s what they SAY they’re doing! 😂

We wives think it’s just an excuse for them to chat with a coffee and some cake! 😉 Bearing in mind there’s not one under 70, they actually do well to do what they do.

Anyway it was decided to set up a proper coffee morning, just for a couple of hours, as a way of trying to encourage people in the community to just come and meet others. Today was the first time I’ve managed to go and I really enjoyed it. I was the youngest by 20 years but I loved chatting to everyone, in particular a new chap called Jim and his wife Pam. They used to volunteer at the hospital I normally work out of so I recognised them. Jim also told me all about his days as a painter and decorator. I think they both had a nice morning as they said they’d come back next week 😊

Then I went to pick up some baby clothes in preparation for our little bundle of joy 😊 Oh and talking of the baby, Vicki has been given the go ahead to give birth in the Birthing Centre if there’s a room free. She’s over the moon as they have three rooms there (in the hospital) which are set out like flats with a kitchen and a birthing pool, which she’s desperate to try! So that was great to hear. Only 3 weeks to go!

And then of course I got the news about poor Steve. It’s such a shock. I’ll never forget the day he went for his diabetic check up and he’d lost so much weight, he’d pretty much cured himself. He was so pleased and proud, as we all were. He inspired us to start walking, and told us off when we weren’t 100% on plan 😊 We had a few ‘SW meets’ which were great fun, and a small group of us formed a close bond. It’s so sad to think he’s gone 😞

So food was quite good, although I lost my appetite a bit tonight. I didn’t have time for breakfast so it took all my willpower NOT to eat any cakes at church! However, as it was the leftover baby shower cakes from Sunday (which I had rather a lot of 😳) I didn’t feel like I missed out.

EE
No breakfast

No lunch

Dinner
Lamb
Mint sauce 1
Spuds
Carrots
Peas
Green beans
Swede 1
Gravy 2

Just having a choc options so that makes my total syns today to 6. Hopefully that’ll go a little way to limiting the damage from the weekend 😳
Also I walked and ran 2.6k in just under 30 mins on the treadmill tonight so that might’ve burnt one cupcake off!!!

Attachments

• F14F94B5-9F08-4192-9129-2750B145390E.jpeg
    F14F94B5-9F08-4192-9129-2750B145390E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
I'm so so sorry to hear about Steve.

Terribly sad news @Pommette 😞 Had a lovely chat with Gail this afternoon btw and she said a lot of sensible things...as always! And she’s doing so well too. Can’t wait to see her in May 😊

Food today is EE

Breakfast
1/2 baked oats/fruit/yoghurt 1 + 1/2 B

Lunch
Other half of baked oats etc 1 + rest of B

Dinner
Pork chop
Actifry spuds
Carrots/peas/green beans
Swede 1
Gravy 2
Apple sauce 2
Wine 8

Milk for drinks A

Total syns 15
BM 25mins/2.14k treadmill

Attachments

• 4736026B-B4B7-4E34-A156-4F02ED1D77D9.jpeg
    4736026B-B4B7-4E34-A156-4F02ED1D77D9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Hi everyone x
Feeling a bit out of sorts as I’ve just heard a good friend from Minis has died.
Some of you who have read some of my diary will have come across Steve (AKA Maximus), a mad Geordie who who was a great advocate for SW and also for walking.
Sadly I’ve found out that he passed away unexpectedly at the weekend. He was only 53 years old.
Years ago Steve played a huge part in not only my slimming journey but also the journeys of many of my mini friends. His quick wit and good humour had us in stitches, and his determination and dedication was an inspiration to us all.
RIP to a very special man x

I am so upset to hear that he has passed away. He was a lovely man and I loved meeting him and you, Lal and Bev in Nottingham. That photo of us all is lovely. A blooming cold day it was though. RIP Steve xxx

Back