Dinner dilemma!

Hi all,

I'm new to all of this forum malarkey but have been using this site this week to help me along with my new pro points diet!

Anyway my dilemma is that tonight I have guests coming for dinner, now I'm doing pro points and they're on the old discovery plan, we all started on Monday so aren't wanting to fall off the wagon yet! Now I need some recipe ideas that are going to suit all of us without being too many points but also have to feed my partner and my daughter! It's a nightmare because I want it to be be tasty without alienating any particular person.

Any ideas would be massively appreciated! I haven't a clue about the old points system n I know I'm going to struggle!

Hi Skinny,

What kinds of food do you all like? I have a lot of recipes from my weight watchers cook books - all PP but you could /guets could recalculate the points to the old system. xx

We like anything from simple stuff to gourmet, only thing most of us don't eat is mashed potato, everything else is fine!! :)

This is a nice recipe - I've made this 4 times & everyone has eaten it.

Pork Lasagne
ProPoints per recipe 29

ProPoints per serving 7
Serves 4
Freezable

350g (12oz) lean pork mince
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled & grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
700g jar passata (with herbs if possible)**
75g (2 3/4oz) lasagne sheets
100 ml (3 ½ fl oz) half fat crème fraiche
25g (1 oz) parmesan cheese, grated

** if using plain passata add 2 teaspoons of Italian mixed herbs

You will need a 2.5 litre (4 ½ pint) deep square or rectangular overproof dish

Heat large non stick frying pan until hot. Add pork mince & stir fry over high heat for 5 mins until browned. Add onion & cook for another 3 mins

Stir in carrots & garlic & continue cooking over a lower heat for about 5 mins until carrot is soft. Stir in 500g of the passata (& herbs), bring to the boil & remove from heat.

Preheat oven to gas mark 6/ 200°C/fan oven 180°C.

Spoon a third of the meat mixture into the dish top with a layer of lasagne & repeat twice more, ending with the final lasagne sheets. Pour over the remaining passata.

Mix the crème fraiche with 2 tablespoons of warm water & spread over the top. Scatter over the cheese & season with ground black pepper & bake for 45-50 mins until golden & bubbling.

This is also nice.
:)

Chicken Teriyaki with brocoli
ProPoints® value | 7
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 20 min
Cooking Time | 13 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

main meals | We paired this tangy chicken dish with a side of broccoli for gorgeous colour and a huge nutrient boost.

Ingredients

• 5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
  • 2 clove(s) Garlic, minced
  • 450 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw, cut into cubes
  • 1 medium Spring Onions, use 4, chopped
  • 1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, chicken, make up to 120ml with hot water
  • 2 tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
  • 320 g Rice, Brown, Boiled, kept hot
  • 350 g Broccoli, Green, Raw, fresh, florets, steamed
Instructions

• Coat a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
  • Add spring onions and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add stock and teriyaki sauce; simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce reduces slightly, about 5 minutes.
  • Spoon 1/4 portion of cooked rice into each of 4 shallow bowls; spoon chicken mixture and 1/4 of broccoli over each serving.

To steam broccoli, place florets in a microwave-safe dish, add about 1/2-inch of water and cover dish. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes, until tender-crisp. Or to steam in a saucepan, set broccoli in a steamer basket or colander over simmering water, cover and steam 4 to 5 minutes, until tender-crisp.

Just incrrease the quantities for the number of people you want to feed.

Chilli Beef Meatballs in Warm Pittas

ProPoints® value | 8
Servings | 2
Preparation Time | 10 min
Cooking Time | 15 min

light meals | These juicy meatballs have a delicious chilli hit - very satisfying!

Ingredients

• 125 g Beef, Mince, Extra Lean, Raw
  • 1/2 small Onion, All Types, finely chopped
  • 5 g Discovery Foods Mexican Fajita Spice Mix, 1 tsp
  • 1 tablespoons Thyme, Fresh, or parsley, chopped
  • 5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
  • 1 tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce
  • 1 pinch Salt, and black pepper, freshly ground
  • 2 medium Bread, Pitta, White, or wholemeal
  • 10 g Spinach, handful, or lettuce leaves to serve

For the red onion salsa:
  • 1/2 small Onion, All Types, very thinly sliced
  • 1 large Tomato, finely chopped
  • 1 portion(s) Cucumber, roughly 2cm, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoons Vinegar, White Wine
Instructions

• Mix together the beef mince, onion, fajita spice mix and thyme or parsley. Season, then form the mixture into 6 evenly-sized balls.
  • Spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and add the meatballs. Cook for 12-14 minutes, turning occasionally. Add the sweet chilli sauce and cook for another minute, turning the meatballs over until glossy.
  • While the meatballs are cooking, make the salsa by combining all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Warm the pitta breads in a toaster or under the grill. Split open, then fill each one with a few spinach or lettuce leaves, 3 meatballs and the salsa.

Last edited:
Hope these have given you some ideas? :) xx

Spicy Sausage and Pepper Pasta

ProPoints® value | 6
Servings | 6
Preparation Time | 15 min
Cooking Time | 25 min

main meals | Spicy sausage, red wine and fire-roasted tomatoes come together in this ragout-like sauce. Truly hearty and satisfying.

Ingredients

• 225 g Sausages, Pork, Reduced Fat, chopped
  • 2 medium Pepper, Yellow, cut into 2-inch long thin strips
  • 2 teaspoons Oil, Olive, extra-virgin
  • 1 medium Onion, All Types, thinly sliced
  • 120 ml Wine, Red
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic, crushed
  • 800 g Tomatoes, Whole or Chopped, Canned
  • 1/2 teaspoons Chilli Flakes, dried
  • 1/4 teaspoons Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoons Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
  • 225 g Pasta, Plain, Fresh, Uncooked, wholewheat, fusilli
  • 2 teaspoons Basil, fresh, chopped
Instructions

• Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
  • Meanwhile, to make sauce, in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, cook sausage until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes; remove to a plate.
  • Heat oil in same frying pan. Add yellow peppers and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are lightly coloured and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
  • Add wine and garlic; cook until most of liquid evaporates, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, crushed red pepper, salt and browned sausage; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and sauce is heated through, about 10 minutes.
  • While sauce simmers, add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Drain pasta; return to pot. Add sauce and basil; toss to mix and coat.
Notes

The sauce is also good spooned over rice.

Toss in some fennel seeds for even greater flavour.

Emma, I am loving the recipes too! Will def try the chicken teriyaki and the meatballs in pitta yum!

Just made prawn teriyaki & it was gorgeous. Will post recipe later when I get back from zumba. :) xxx

Here's a very simple recipe to try & quick.

Prawn Teriyaki

ProPoints value per recipe 8
Serves 1

40g (1 ½ oz) dried long grain rice
Low fat cooking spray
150g (5 ½ oz) mixed stir fry vegetables
110g (4 oz) raw tiger prawns, defrosted if frozen
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce

Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the rice & cook for 10 – 12 minutes or according to the packet instructions. Drain well & keep warm.

Meanwhile, spray a wok or non stick frying pan with the low fat cooking spray & heat until hot. Add the vegetables & cook over a high heat for a minute then add the prawns & cook for 2 – 3 minutes until thay have turned pink.

Add the teriyaki sauce & heat through. Serve the rice with the teriyaki mixture on top.

Hope your chicken pie was good. :) I sometimes make steak & ale pie & it defo goes down well with the OH. :) xx

Thankyou Emma, chicken pie was lovely, we all filled up on veg and only had a bit of pastry, my oh and daughter ate loads of it which was a killer lol! I'm defo going to try some of your recipes through the week!!

Back