DIONE'S REACHED GOAL!!!!!

lol lol ok as its a 1 off then i will not moan at you pmsl xxxx

lol lol funny right im off to walk up to asda, i will not stare at the cream cakes today.! lol

back later on to report back lolx

ok hun, im going to stand in the shower for 1/2 an hour to sort myself out lol. Have a good day babe x

Oh dear, what did you have hun xxx

Dear diary,

Well i done it, i went for a 2 mile run on my own with a stinking hang over and then completed 120 sit ups. I am very proud of myself as i felt extremely rough, my friend couldnt come running yet i still went.

My brother, GF and nephew came over for dinner today (BBQ) and even though i was tempted to binge on comfort food, i stuck to a chicken salad with new potatoes :)

I am now going to set myself a new goal. I want to concentrate on inch loss with excercise. This week i have run 8 miles in total and done 370 situps plus 2 hours of boxcercise. Huby is away tomorrow so my next target for the week is as follows:

Mon: Davina DVD
Tues: 2 mile run & 140 sit ups
Wed: 2 mile run & 160 Sit ups
Thurs: 2 mile run & 180 sit ups
Fri: Boxcercise
Sat: Day of rest
Sun: 2 mile run & 200 sit ups

My long term target is as follows:

Current Measurements:

Bust: 38
Waist: 30
Hip: 39

Target Measurements:

Bust: 36
Waist: 28
Hip: 36

I am not sure how long it takes to lose inches so i am not setting a time for it. As long as i make sure i am consistent with my excercise then i will be fine.

This will then take some pressure off of me constantly visiting the scales and introduce a healthy lifesyle.

Also i was going to keep it a secret until i suceeded but thought i would share. I have the Dr's on Tuesday for my blood tests so i am going to ask for some patches and give up smoking as of Wednesday. I promised my eldest son that as soon as i lost weight i would give up so now i have to stick to my promise. Part of me is dreading it as i know that it will be the most difficult thing i have ever done (done it beofre and it was a killer) I am hoping that it will be easier as i am concentrating on excercise and healthy eating so wont think about it as much. fingers crossed!!

I will be evil for the 1st few days so i have told hubby to keep away lol. I really do hope i will stick to it as i really do want to start living a healthy lifestyle for myself and my family x

Hi,

Well i am having a bit of a miserable day today :wave_cry:I cant get warm and feel rubbish for some reason. To top it off, i was 100% yesterday yet my scales are showing an extra 3/4 lb gain:eek::cry:
I dont know why??? I was really good with food, went for a 2 mile run and completed 120 sit ups so where has this gain come from????:mad:

I am really trying to stop looking at the scales but i cant help it. Now i am debating whether to 810 today to try and get the scales where they should be. For some reason, since Thursday i have gone from 9.13 to 10.1 3/4????? I know i had my night out on Saturday which took me to 10.1 and i wasnt that bothered because i know that i could sort that out as long as i stay 100% but then another 3/4 has decided to show its ugly face and i cant work out why :cry:

I excercised 6 days last week, ate really well and only had i day where i was a little bit naughty as i was at a wedding. This is ridiculous, how can i live if i cant even have a night out with a gain.

Really fed up today :confused:

Congrats on reaching goal xx

Congatulations on goal Dione. Understand what you mean about the scales. Sometimes it just does not compute, and all the 'its water' type expalinations just do not make it feel any better. I still do not get how, when ss'ing and you have a mini blip on carbs you can gain, even though the total cals for the week are still under your recommended. Yes......the water thing......but its just NOT FAIR!
Good luck with the stopping smoking, and i'm highly impressed with the excercise plan. Good to try to move focus from the demonic scales. xx

Hi hunnie,

Don`t forget you are doing lots of exercise = muscles and muscles are heavy!! So you may gain on the scales but it`s muscles not fat x

Good luck on giving up smoking Xx

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your comments. Well i am on day 2 of no smoking and to say it is hard is an understatement. I cried last night and feel very emotional this morning. I was a bit naughty and had a slice of wholemeal bread yesterday afternoon. I started to really beat myself up up over it as i felt i was compensating cigerettes with food. I have worked so hard to lose this weight and i am really worried that i am going to be fat again coz of not smoking.
I am really down at the moment and extremely evil :( I dont mean to be. I am not sure if i can do this. I am dieting, not drinking alcohol and now not smoking. Have i taken on too much?
Im still runnin 2 miles a day 4 days a week and boxercise twice a week which is good.
I am so scared of failing and scared of gaining sorry for the miserable post xxx

Hey diary,

Well where do i start???? I went to see the nurse yesterday to discuss my no smoking tactics. My surgery nurse is so lovely but boy did she say the wrong thing to me.

Basically she told me that i will gain weight :eek::eek:. I told her that i should be fine as i am still on cd and also excercising 6 days a week (8 miles running, over 500 situps and 2 hours of boxercise).

She told me that this wouldnt make a difference and i could still gain up to 7lbs as when you stop smoking, your metabolism slows down and your body absorbs food more. I left the surgery in floods of tears :cry:

I couldnt face gaining weight after all of my hard work, id rather smoke:confused: I went to the garage and sat there for 10 minutes debating whether to buy fags or not. I then went into town and ended up buying a copuple of dresses (size 10 :D) I thought this would cheer me up but it made me worse as i felt that i wouldnt be able to wear the dresses i brought if i gained weight.

Luckily i called my cdc and she was able to fit me in earlier then planned (she is a life saver) She told me the nurse was being a generalist and yes some people will gain a few lbs, some will compensate with food and gain alot, however she cant really say i am going to gain 7lb when she doesnt know how my body works???

She told me to just take each day as it comes, make sure if i do snack, its with fruit or veg, stick to the plan and keep up the water and excercise.

I decided to carry on with the no smoking and am now on day 3:eek:. Its weird as i have smoked for 17 years. I dont remember not smoking. I am on meds called Champix which aparently take the craving away. So far so good as ive not had a craving today :)

To top it off my blood test results have come back and my thyroids are lower then beofre i starting my medication so i have had to have my meds increased from 25 to 50.

As long as it stops me from feeling tired then i dont mind.

Hi Hun,

Im ok you? Struggling big time with the no smoking but still sticking to it, just tryong to make a concious effort not to replace it with food :(

How are you hun xxx

i got tablets and inhaler. The tablets are supposed to take the craving away, it does work but as its my 1st weekend its bloody hard. Just praying i dont gain x

cheers hun. now u have the iphone u need toget some new pics on here xxxx

ooh Dione it took me 22 mins to download an app facebook lol.!

I have a wedding next satday so will take some then, the stress of finding a dress to wear.(( i love it really)).!

Back