Total Solution Dirty Thirty Diary

Hello lovelies!
Had a strawberry shake for breakfast with a heaped tablespoon of psyllium husk and had a litre of water so far. Really looking forward to measuring myself tomorrow as I Looked at myself in the mirror this morning and noticed my rolls of back-fat have significantly shrunk! Queue the backless tops for summer! :woohoo:

Got my mushroom soup sachet for lunch and having dinner at a friend's so taking a mexican rice sachet along with me :)

(Lunchtime UPDATE: Careful with the psyllium husk in the soup! I think I either put too much in or left it too long, and it ended up slimy!)

Feeling good so far today... Onwards and upwards!

PS... I've noticed a few people have mentioned making shakes in a protein shake blender improves the texture... I don't mind the texture at the moment but as I'm adding fibre I like the idea of "smoothing it out" (if that makes sense?)
Can anyone give me an idea of what these blenders cost? Would a blendactiv do? I do like the look of them- so very easy and less stuff to wash!

Last edited:
Hello pink
Your posts are very inspiring. I use the smoothie maker from morphy richards. Bought it for £15 from sainsburys and doesnth job right. It came with two bottles which are very handy to carry my drink to work. I have also started struggling with my fibre content so will look for physillum husk in holland and barrat but am not sure if i like the texture.

Do you have one of the shaker bottles from Exante to make the shakes? I seem to get sent one with every order and find it does the trick for me... Although I think a lot of people on here just use a blender and stick some ice in too (for me, that just sounds like excess washing up though!)

Hello pink
Your posts are very inspiring. I use the smoothie maker from morphy richards. Bought it for £15 from sainsburys and doesnth job right. It came with two bottles which are very handy to carry my drink to work. I have also started struggling with my fibre content so will look for physillum husk in holland and barrat but am not sure if i like the texture.
Thanks Diva! I'll have a look in sainsbury's today- really want one that will blend my shakes with ice! RE Psyllium husk, if you don't want the powder in your shakes, H&B do capsules xxx

Do you have one of the shaker bottles from Exante to make the shakes? I seem to get sent one with every order and find it does the trick for me... Although I think a lot of people on here just use a blender and stick some ice in too (for me, that just sounds like excess washing up though!)
Hey Womble! Yes I'm using the shaker bottle at the moment. Nothing wrong with it, works just fine! I just like the idea of experimenting with ice and smoothing out the psyllium husk. Secretly I'm just dying to use the toffee caramel shake with ice and a shot of coffee to make a toffee caramel frappe!

OMG OMG OMG!!

So I've just weighed myself and measured myself... I'm super excited, so here it is!

Weight- 72kg (4kg down- I'm speechless!)
Arm - 28.5cm (0.5cm gone - yay)
Underbust - 84.5cm (0.5cm gone - yay)
Waist - 86.5cm (ummm... gone back up by 2.5cm- but I think this is bloating due to my overdue TOTM + simultaneous trapped wind)
Under belly button - 99cm ( 2cm gone, yay!)
Hips - 100cm (1.5cm gone, yay!)
Thigh- 58.5cm (0.5cm gone - yay!)

So I came off Norethisterone on Sunday so my TOTM is due any minute, and yesterday I was suffering from the wort trapped wind I have experienced in years, I was in absolute agony and it took forever to get to sleep!

I was absolutely shocked at my 4kg loss in one week, after having eaten a "normal" meal on sunday I was worried I'd have slowed or stopped ketosis. But WOW. Seriously, wow!

Out of curiousity I checked my BMI again and found that its now 26.4- hopefully this means I should reach my goal sooner than I think?
Capture.PNG

Had a toffee caramel shake this morning (no added fibre- shot of decaf coffee instead), got a vanilla shake for lunch and a sweet and sour noodles for dinner.

I freaking LOVE Exante right now.

hello Pinkpony ,

This is absolutely amazing result. I am so happy for you girl. I am so determined to stick now and see how it fares for me.
Curious if you are only doing shakes and bars or hot/cold food option too as I am doing a mix of various options to help me keep excited about various food options and find something I love and can stick to.
I also had a slip up last night where I had normal food for dinner (controlled portion) and hope it will not impact my overall loss for the week.
Thanks for sharing your results. very encouraged to go the extra mile and stick to it everytime I want to wander off from diet. hahaha

Hey Diva! Thank you for your support! I'm so happy with today's weigh in!
...Curious if you are only doing shakes and bars or hot/cold food option too as I am doing a mix of various options to help me keep excited about various food options and find something I love and can stick to.
I also had a slip up last night where I had normal food for dinner (controlled portion) and hope it will not impact my overall loss for the week.
Thanks for sharing your results. very encouraged to go the extra mile and stick to it everytime I want to wander off from diet. hahaha
I mix it up! I have a big hole in my wisdom tooth and I'm waiting for an appointment to get it out, so I avoid the bars for that reason only. Sweet things irritate it badly if i get a little bit stuck in there. Besides that I have a massive assortment of shakes which I have mostly, but I find I need savoury options sometimes and at the moment I have the sweet&sour noodles, mexican rice, spag bol and mushroom soup. Thinking of ordering the daal pot and curry and rice to add to my selection!
I thought the controlled portion I had Sunday lunchtime would affect my weightloss but evidently not! xxx

Great results, well done!

Thanks Womble! :)

Started TOTM and was late to work and skipped breakfast as a result :(
Received my smoothie maker today though! Made myself a lemon & raspberry shake blended with ice and its so lush! almost as thick as icecream but still drinkable through a straw, like a more mildly flavoured mcdonalds shake. I'm thoroughly going to enjoy playing with this brand new toy! :icecream::D

Had a bar for dinner last night, wasn't even a slightly bit hungry though. Someone shot me in the back of my arm with a bb gun / air rifle as i was outside my workplace yesterday evening. I've told the police etc, waiting for them to visit today and take a statement. I think the shock affected my appetite a bit. Had to force myself to have a bar last night and didn't have a shake until around 12noon- that too only because i felt i should.
Will be getting my exante delivery today and will have lots of new stuff like the the daal pot to try, hopefully that will get my appetite back.

Hi,

Just read your diary and wow you go girl, you are doing fab!!! I am currently day 1 but every journey has to start some where!! I have just over 5 stone to lose.

Sorry to hear about your incident with the BB gun, that's awful!!!! I hope you're ok!!

I see you are looking for a blender....I have always used 'smoothie to go' blender and it is brilliant! It even does a fab job if I add ice which makes it quite thick so only add a cube or 2 and judge from there.....I highly recommend it :)

I hope your delivery arrives ok and entices your appetite back too :)

Sarah xx

Hi,

Just read your diary and wow you go girl, you are doing fab!!! I am currently day 1 but every journey has to start some where!! I have just over 5 stone to lose.

Sorry to hear about your incident with the BB gun, that's awful!!!! I hope you're ok!!

I see you are looking for a blender....I have always used 'smoothie to go' blender and it is brilliant! It even does a fab job if I add ice which makes it quite thick so only add a cube or 2 and judge from there.....I highly recommend it :)

I hope your delivery arrives ok and entices your appetite back too :)

Sarah xx
Thanks Sarah! I've managed to calm my nerves and the policeman's finally arrived to take my statement.
I bought a duronic smoothie maker off amazon and it works okay, leaves some ice un-crushed though.
You're right, every journey starts somewhere. I wasn't expecting to see any difference but I'm so glad I was persistent! x

Thanks Sarah! I've managed to calm my nerves and the policeman's finally arrived to take my statement.
I bought a duronic smoothie maker off amazon and it works okay, leaves some ice un-crushed though.
You're right, every journey starts somewhere. I wasn't expecting to see any difference but I'm so glad I was persistent! x
Aw I hope your statement goes ok and they manage to track the idiot down!! ......Yes your persistance is defo paying off, good for you!! Keep up the good work hunnie :) xx

Today my upper right arm hurts like hell from where I was given a tetanus shot. Ah yes I haven't updated on yesterday's events... so...
Police told me to get my shot wound looked at by a doctor. GP told me to go to A&E. Went to A&E and got the wound X-rayed first, and then on confirmation that there were no foreign bodies had the wound cleaned with iodine and a tetanus shot just below my shoulder on the fleshy bit of my bicep. only took two hours in A&E which isn't bad.
So last night I was a little bit naughty... I thoroughly enjoyed my daal pot (with the obligatory dash of tabasco of course!) but after i finished i helped myself to three spoons of OH's Methi Malai Matter (Peas cooked in fenugreek and cream)... didn't think much of it but the did a quick google search to find that peas are non keto and quite starchy... D'oh!!!
One portion is around 167 calories and i had three spoonfuls which is not even a quarter of a portion, so hoping it doesn't affect anything.

Also received my new analyser scales and had a bit of a play around with them, setting up profiles for OH and myself... they look so cool!

Today I'm staying with my family in London, and had a vanilla shake for breakfast, a lemon and raspberry shake for lunch and sweet & sour noodles for dinner. Didn't bring my trusty handbag tabasco with me so got myself a bottle of cholula chilli and garlic sauce (similar ingredients to tabasco but with added garlic and still less than 1kcal per serving) -actually tasted much better than tabasco! Watched a movie with the family (MIB3) and enjoyed a can of tesco's no added sugar fiery ginger beer as a treat.
My arm is very stiff and I can't lift it very high, and is constantly aching and sore around the injection site... but apparently this is normal. Fingers crossed it's better tomorrow.

I am sorry to hear you have been through such an ordeal and I hope your arm feels better soon..

Well done on your brilliant weight loss last Wednesday:0clapper:

Hello lovelies!
Had a chocolate shake for breakfast and went sale shopping today... Went to H&M and bought a blazer... In size 12!!!! And the button COMFORTABLY does up!!! Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!! :wee:
Edit: I just checked the label the next morning and it's actually a 14, not a 12. But it does up comfortably so I don't care!!

In case I didn't mention, I struggled to do up a size 14 coat when I started, and couldn't button up a shirt or blazer unless it was a size 16. I bought the blazer because it was on sale for a tenner and I'm going to bloody well make sure it fits forever!

Had a banana shake for lunch on my way home from the shops, and after a two hour Pokemon hunting walk and a two hour drive home, I just thoroughly enjoyed a beef and black bean pot with cholula chilli garlic hot sauce.

Feeling good, looking forward to the week ahead... And being that step closer to a size 10!! Xxxxx

Last edited:
Back