Total Solution Dirty Thirty Diary

pinkponytail

Hi everyone!

I've just been to a friends wedding and pigged out (massive indian wedding lasting five days!). I did try to make healthy choices though.

So I have a fatty liver, and my starting weight was 80.5kg (as weighed by my doctor around a month ago) and for two weeks before the wedding I started the Exante total solution, using shakes only. I didn't weight myself again before reverting to normal food at the wedding, but today I got weighed again at the doctor's surgery and was pleasantly surprised to see that I now weigh 77kg. My BMI is 28.2 and I'm overweight- my goal is to reach 60kg by my 30th birthday, on the 25th of November. I really hope this is achievable!
bmi0308.PNG

I've just received and started the 4week gluten free diet, because I love the shakes, haven't read too many positive reviews on the bars and I'm a little unsure about the soups. I may go ahead and order some soups later- as long as they're suitable for vegetarians.

So today I am 77kg and my measurements are as follow... I'm going to stick to my left arm and thigh for measurements as i'm right handed and it seems easiest.

arm- 30cm
underbust- 85cm
waist- 87cm
under belly button- 107cm
hips- 106cm
thigh- 60cm

I'm setting an alarm on my phone now so I remember to update my weight and measurements weekly.
Wish me luck ! x

Good luck Pink! I have just started total solutuion today, i have been on it before to. It sounds like you have great motivation to acheive your goal weight and i have no doubt that you will succeed. I am on just one type of bar, the toffee nut and raisin one, purely because it is such a plain and basic flavor, The soups were not too bad, mushroom i liked a lot. Good luck, i look forward to following your journey :)

Good luck Pink! I have just started total solutuion today, i have been on it before to. It sounds like you have great motivation to acheive your goal weight and i have no doubt that you will succeed. I am on just one type of bar, the toffee nut and raisin one, purely because it is such a plain and basic flavor, The soups were not too bad, mushroom i liked a lot. Good luck, i look forward to following your journey :)
Thank you for the vote of confidence, Kyle! Good luck with your journey too! ;)

Good luck Pink!

Thank you Womble! I used to be a Womble myself! haha! x

Wimbledon is awsome. I actually live in Southfields, but no-one really knows where that is, so much easier to say I am a womble :)

Hey Pink, i too want to slim down for the 30th. Mines not till next May though (thankfully) as have a lot more to lose than you. Hoping you'll reach your goal by your birthday - it does feel like a milestone!! x

Hey Pink, i too want to slim down for the 30th. Mines not till next May though (thankfully) as have a lot more to lose than you. Hoping you'll reach your goal by your birthday - it does feel like a milestone!! x

welcome and good luck!
Thanks Natty! And Yay I_Dream_Slim #teamdirtythirty! Let's make it happen- having much longer than me means you've got the time to get there! x

Thanks Natty! And Yay I_Dream_Slim #teamdirtythirty! Let's make it happen- having much longer than me means you've got the time to get there! x

Thats the plan! Hope you've had a good day on plan!

#teamdirtythirty x

Hi everyone! I've just completed week one (yay!).

So I haven't been 100% strict- in the first couple of days i had about 5 almonds a day whilst sat at my desk. Over the weekend I had around 15 sunflower seeds. I tell myself its not enough to make a difference but it probably is! I have found myself getting a little stopped up in the last couple of days, and reading through the forum I found that psyllium husk can be mixed into shakes and soups to thicken them, make them more filling and also add the dietary fibre needed to get things moving regularly again. Tried a heaped tablespoon full in my shake this morning with an extra 100ml of water, and found the taste and texture actually quite pleasant! I did drink it quickly because psyllium husk does solidify quickly and would have turned it into a strawberry blancmange if I had taken my time. If anyone wants to try psyllium husk- or already uses it and pays over the odds- go to an indian/pakistani supermarket. They usually have it in their health products section or behind the till and it's much cheaper than in healthfood stores like Holland & Barratt- I picked up a 200gram box for £2 this morning. Look for "Sat Isabgul" or "Isaphgul".

It's worth mentioning here that a day after starting the diet I got put on norethisterone (progesterone) to help induce a period, as I have PCOS and haven't had one since I came off Yasmin back in March. So, I expect I will be retaining some water this week and next week, for the lead up to and during the bleed.

Despite this, there's still a slight difference in my weight and measurements. I'm going to invest in a Salter scale that also tracks body fat and water too- They're only £15 on Amazon- so next week I should be able to add these details too.

So, without further ado, here's today's measurements a week in.

Weight- 76kg (1kg down- woohoo!)
Arm - 29cm (1cm gone - yay)
Underbust - 85cm (no change)
Waist - 83.5cm (3.5cm gone, wow!)
Under belly button - 101cm ( 6cm gone, wow!)
Hips - 101.5cm (4.5cm gone, wow!)
Thigh- 59cm (1cm gone - yay)

Needless to say, I'm very happy with these results so far. I'm not expecting as big a difference next week due to the hormones and inevitable bloating, but here goes...
Roll on week 2! :banana_dancer:

Those losses and measurements are fantastic, well done!

I've also switched to weighing myself on a body-fat analyser machine (in the gym, rather than a home one), and think it's fantastic. I workout 6 out of 7 days a week, and my losses weren't as high as perhaps they should have been given the VLCD. using the body fat analysis software has been really motivating, as I can see I'm actually losing much more body fat than I realise, as I am gaining weight in muscle at the same time.

I mix it up. I do 3 gym floor cardio session a week (mostly treadmill), at least 1 class (either body pump or zumba, although thinking of introducing spinning into the mix too), 2 personal training sessions a week (which is mostly weights work, although some power plate and also cardio), and the occasional swim. I also cycle to and from work each day! It sounds like a lot but I really enjoy it. I can see how people become addicted to it (and perhaps that's it - I'm replacing my food addiction with a gym addiction!)

I'm very aware that a big danger of a VLCD is maintenance once the weight is lost, as your body gets used to functioning on so few calories. For me, making exercise part of my daily life now is a really important step to make sure I keep the weight off - the more muscle mass you have, the more calories your body needs to burn to function and therefore the easier maintaining the weight loss should be.

Received my savoury meals today and decided to try the mexican rice for lunch. Warning- it's not rice. It's mush. Like babyfood or smooth porridge. It tastes bareable. I loaded it with tabasco and it helped.

Update: I am in love with the spag bol! and the sweet and sour noodles aren't bad either- tabasco is my best friend!

Last edited:
So today was a bit of a bust. Feel like I've let myself down a little by breaking my "fast". Had a three hour drive to visit my Grandad for his 90th, with a buffet lunch at an indian restaurant. I had been paid for, so the idea of taking a meal replacement with me felt insulting. I had a coconut shake with a heaped tablespoon of psyllium husk for breakfast before I hit the road. Lunch was an hour after I arrived, and I got complimented on my figure on arrival (yay!) and then spent about an hour taking pictures before family members started to prod me about my (lack of) food. So, I hit the buffet and looked for healthy choices and found the following:
A plate heaped with lettuce, red onion, cucumber, tomato, and a couple of slithers of sliced peppers.
2x bitesize pieces of chicken shish (grilled)
2x bitesize pieces of chicken tikka (grilled)
2x thumb-sized lamb sheek kebabs (grilled)
-i think the meat worked out to about 400kcal. I'm not sure about the salad but I reckon it was around 100.

I struggled to finish what was on my plate as I think I've become used to the portion sizes of the meal replacements- and also not used to "normal" food anymore! It was almost like I had forgotten how to chew! It did leave me very full to the point where I didn't bother with the bar I had packed to take to the cinema with me (Pete's Dragon, by the way, for anyone who cares! Not quite like the original, but good nonetheless!)... so today's calories i think are around 700. Still feeling quite full. Also forgot to take all three doses of norithisterone so looks like I'm best off stopping it and letting my TOTM materialise.

Goodnight xxx

Well done on your weight loss and on making very good choices when out eating...under the circumstances I would not call today a bust as I think you have done very well.

Congratulations to your Grandad on his 90th birthday:bestwishes::thankyouthankyou::0clapper:

Had a blueberry smoothie for breakfast today and then due to the long drive, didn't get to eat again until around 7:30pm! Just tried the Mushroom Soup (hesitatedly!) but it was actually lush! I did thicken it with some psyllium husk, and then add in a few dashes of tabasco (because I think I'm addicted to the stuff!).
In a couple of hours I'll probably have a mexican rice. :)

Back