disappointed with 1st week

Only lost 1lb in my first week, stuck to it all week and exercised a lot so am a bit disappointed. Weighed yesterday and had a bit too many syns - just with granola and olives! So will go back to tracking religiously today.

Anyone got any tips for speeding up weight loss?

Thanks x

We all have weeks like this unfortunatly!!! Exercise is fab but for a start it can slow down weight loss (so i found anyway) but it makes up for it in later weeks!!

Eat lots of fruit (melon is a great one), and drink LOADS of water. It makes a huge difference :) Oh and please use up all your syns...its strange but for a lot of us on here if we cut back on our syns we dont lose as much! xxx

Write down everything that you eat/drink
Drink lots of fluids 1.5-2l a day - you will pee for England LOL!
Go to go, patients to see!

Hiya my first WI n I lost 1 lb too lol but atleast u r heading in the right direction that's how I'm looking at it I'm gonna try a fish week now as apparently that can speed things up :)

it maybe because of the week before you started you may have a bigger loss next week makesure you are eating your 1/3 superfree and drinking plenty of water

Keep going and don't get too disheartened (easier said than done I know!). Everyone loses at different rates and the weight will come off i you stick to plan, so don't give up just yet!

If you stick to plan you will lose weight. I was trundling along ie 1lb,0.5lb etc then out of the blue last week 2.5 lbs, dont know why it was different. Just keep at it and your hard work will be repaid.

Remember muscle weighs more than fat so if u have gained muscle when u get on the scales it will either appear u haven't lost much or sometimes even say u've gained when infact u have lost fat just gained muscle.:character00115:

Try measuring ur waist every wk because if this is the case u will be losing inches even if ur weight hasn't moved that much. It will help to motivate u so u feel like u r getting somewhere

Well done for not giving up and on ur weight loss!
:girlpower:

When i was going to group my average loss was 1lb to 1.5lb. At first i was upset but than after a few weeks it all builds up to a good loss. Also in the beginning i wasnt eating many syns and was not drinking enough water so that really stalled my weight loss x

Thanks. Have looked back at my tracking and have eaten a lot of peanut butter which I've synned, but am wondering if this has slowed me up? So am going to avoid it this week and see if that helps. And will drink lots of water too x

Oh yes water is very important for speeding up ur metabolism and burning fat u shud be drinking around 3 litres a day (and going to the loo alot! lol)

We all like to see instant results, but the truth is it took sometime to put our weight on and it will take some time to take it back off again every lb lost is a step in the right direction

We had chat at group about only determining success by what we see on the scales. It's only us that see those digits everyone else sees 'us'.

A friend has been exercising lots, sticking to plan 100% and disheartened to lose maybe 1lb a week or stay the same, that said, she can now wear the ski boots she couldn't get on before, she can do up and wear a coat that was too small and has gone down a dress size!

So I think what I am trying to get at is not to get het up on what the scales say as your success can be seen in other ways :)

Chin up hun Lost a lb in my first week too and was gutted and 7 weeks later have lost 12.5lbs (including a gain one week having gone spectacularly off plan) SW really does work! Even lost 2.5 lbs last week despite eating 2 slices of the most sinful pizza in pizza hut (40 syns for 2 sodding slices!!!:(

ANY loss is better than a gain :D xx

Back