Disappointed!!

princessria

is a pirate arrrgggghhhh
Did anyone else have really bad losses on there first week i am feeling a bit disheartened but a lady at work said she was the same, i stuck too it really strictly .....

What do you class as a bad loss?

I always think any loss is good!! I'm even chuffed with 0.5lb!! :D
Some weeks you will just hit a plateau but the week after always makes up for that!

well the first week i ever diet i always lose bout 4lbs but i lost quarter of a pound, i was very very strict and didn't go over once and i reckon i almost halved the amount i usually eat so it just didnt make sense to me i suppose it might take more than a week for my body to catch up.

Could just be your body adjusting to losing weight. Keep at it and you will see a super loss next week im sure

Hope its not put you off too much

xx

it hasn't put me off as such am just a bit peeved lol i think i was finding it too easy anyway so i would have been surprised if it had taken loads off i might just up my exercise.

Dont let it make you feel like that, may just need a week for your body to catch up with you

well put crazybecky, any loss is brilliant but I do understand that when you have stuck to things without cheating, your head feels there should be more. This means that our heads are the issue and we need to make some changes with how we view ourselves and our weight issues, bring your head inside and your body will follow......i quote icemoose.
I was always beating myself up for small losses then one weigh in my leader said rather crossly, what is it you want from all of this and I realised that I wanted more than anything to be healthy and the only way to achieve this was to do it slowly and steadily. A 1lb a week loss over a year is a significant loss and in the meantime I am not starving or risking my health in any way so I am a happy bunny.
Good luck with your WI next week :D

i'm being a bit misunderstood i think, any loss is great i lost two stone in 1 and half pounds slow and steady wins the race and all that i was just disappointed because it was my first week and was wondering if it was normal is all????

sorry, didn't mean to mis you......I meant to sound supportive cos I know what you are saying.....I did CD before WW and the WL's were big so my head still wanted this with WW and as that hasn't happened it has taken a while to get my head around it......sorry to have not come across less patronising.....:eek:

Hi
Ive just joined the site but have been doing WW on and off for years. I know exactly what you`re saying princessria, i am the same, worked hard on sticking to the food plan, exercised and loss is pretty dismal. I know every little helps but at this rate its going to take me a decade to lose the excess!
Only thing i can put it down to is all the rubbish i ate prior to starting the diet takes a while to get out of my system and for the good stuff to get in. Hoping for a better loss next week :)

well tickle i will keep my fingers crossed for you and me, and no need to say sorry busy i know what you meant XXXXXX It's so different from slimming world i was panicing anyway thinking i cant eat this and that, i'm sure next week will show up the hard work better.

Sometimes there are just inexplicable blips. It's so frustrating, especially when you know you've been angelic. Just remember you have lost weight! You're lighter than you were last week.

I bet if you're good this week I bet you'll have an amazing weight loss!

dont beat yourself up over this i no its hard but just because its not showing on the scales it dosent mean to say your not loosing in inches i bet next week youll have a good loss keep it up hun

That's another good point my leader always makes, sometimes you loose inches rather than the lbs!

you say you almost halved what you eat normally.. how many points are you allowed and how many did you actually eat?

I know how you feel, I only lost 1 lb but I'm trying to take the view of 1 lb off is better than 1 lb on! I try and set myself little goals like I want to lose half a stone by my birthday which is the 4th of Feb so now I only have to lose 6lb to do it! Also my weekend prob didn't help, lots of alcohol and maybe a sneeky veggie quarterpounder on the way home :sign0007: Just need to stick at it and I'm sure we'll have lost more next week!

It's my first time back on a diet since xmas and i have been eating loads i am allowed 22 points and i have been pretty much using them. i didn't think about it but i have stopped smoking too so i think this might be a contributing factor too am on my 13th day and it makes your metabolism slow down.

Back