Disappointed :(

I started last tuesday at 12 st 11 lbs (weighed in mon morn) .

I jumped on the scales Friday morning and was 12 stone 6 lbs! :D

So I'd lost 5lbs in 3 days.

I've just weighed myself and im 12 stone 5 and 3/4 :confused:

How did I loose 5lbs the first 3 days then only manage a quarter of a lb in the next 4?

Am a bit gutted TBH.

Plus I'm still showing NO signs of ketosis that anyone else has experienced?! :(

Stat off the scales . I used to be a regular scale hopper but I got disheartened on the days where I didn't loose . Sometimes you have a whoosh and one day it shows nothing the next a few lbs .

But for me personally when it showed nothing it made me think what's the point !

You still have had a good loss overall though :) chin up and carry on !!! Xxx

This is my first week and I've weighed every day this was such a bad idea coz when i had a loss i felt on top of the world but when i had no loss i felt like giving up so only going to weigh on a Tuesday now!

I did the same scale hopping, don't torture yourself only weigh in one day.

Water levels, hormones etc can mean fluctuations

Just upsetting in the long run, save it for one day. And enjoy the results. Well done so far x

Defiantly agree !!

If you are going to scale hop just prepared for the fluctuations and done be disheartened !

I'll def stick to one day a week now and im going to buy new scales as this are so old and unreliable.

I feel for you.:bighug: I think I went over by 20g on my veg limit yesterday and put on a pound since. I visited my Mum's yesterday and they had had a roast lamb dinner and I picked at the broccoli!!!!!
That is what annoys me the most, that I was actually being healthy about it!!!!:mad: It almost drove me to eating something and giving up this morning, but like other people have commented, weight fluctuates all the time. I am a scale hopper and weigh myself on a daily basis,:eek: I know some people think this is wrong, but it personally keeps me in check.

I am actually trying to get under my goal weight as I am going on holiday for 2 weeks in July and want to feel comfortable and not delete all the holiday photos when I get back. I am not aiming for a bikini body, I just want to 'blend in', that is all I have ever wanted. I am not interested in wearing skimpy clothes, I just want to feel 'normal'. If I go under my goal, I can afford to enjoy myself and come back a normal weight then go on the re-feed programme. There is a method to my madness x

Good luck you will get there. xxx

Scales are so unreliable though, like honestly, after reading and watching so much about weight loss, it's become clear that even if the scales have stopped moving, you probably have lost cm's and inches from around your waist and other body parts. It's the measurements that matter! Try just measuring your waist once a week instead, it'll give you a more consistent idea of your weight loss (and after all, it's our waist size that we really care about :))

I think if you get down or disheartened by the scales when weighing more than once a week then it's probably best to stick to just once per week to avoid the daily fluctuations.

We've all done it though! In my first few weeks I was weighing in about 2 or 3 times per week and would get down that I had only dropped less than a lb in x amount of days. I find I'm better when weighing in once per week because I see the whole loss at once rather than say 1lb in 4 days then .5lb the next 3

I'm a total scales hopper.... and theres good and bad in that. The good is that I know thats just how my body works... I could pretty much stay the same all week, then shift the whole weeks worth within two days! Also... on my worst week (around 1.4 lost) I was pretty disheartened, just because i'd resisted alot, and the whole thing made me feel alil like 'whats the point'. But then I had my biggest pre-week 1 loss the next (over 6lbs).

Something i've learned, is you do get around 14lbs off a month.... but not to expect it to come in neat little 3.5-a-week losses. Thats just the body for you.

I 'only' lost a pound last week, but when I put on a pair of trousers that I had worn the previous week I was delighted to find they slipped on easily, the previous week I couldn't do the top button up and had pocket bulge, and yes they were freshly washed. So in a week where the scales said I had lost a 1lb my clothes were telling a different story, and I know which one I believe ;)

Aww please dont be dissappointed, 5.25lbs is a great loss for a week! I'll be super chuffed if I lose that this week :)

Unfortunately I didnt reach ketosis at all the last time I did S&S, fingers crossed for this time. Its only day 1 for me (this time around) so I'm hoping I get to ketosis in the next coupe of days.

Fingers crossed for you that Ketosis comes for you soon! xx

I think I went over by 20g on my veg limit yesterday and put on a pound since.

Ok you do know that even had you gone over by 200g you wouldnt put on a lb? Its just purely coincidence. 20g of veg is so little its not even worth thinking about.

I find all my weight comes off at one end of the week or the other. I weigh daily but the only weigh in which counts is the one on a Sunday at my mums.

As the others have said if youre going to take daily results to heart stop them :)

Unfortunately I didnt reach ketosis at all the last time I did S&S,

how do you know when you do or not? im not feeling anything :(

Ok you do know that even had you gone over by 200g you wouldnt put on a lb? Its just purely coincidence. 20g of veg is so little its not even worth thinking about.

I find all my weight comes off at one end of the week or the other. I weigh daily but the only weigh in which counts is the one on a Sunday at my mums.

As the others have said if youre going to take daily results to heart stop them :)

Thanks Starlight! the voice of reason!! x

You wont necessarily feel side efffect, its almost impossible not to be in ketosis on a vlcd.

Not everyone gets the side effects but if youre not starving hungry, dont have headaches, and have plenty energy then youre most likely in :)

Well I tick those 3 boxes so maybe im just lucky and wont get dragon breath :D

I started last tuesday at 12 st 11 lbs (weighed in mon morn) .

I jumped on the scales Friday morning and was 12 stone 6 lbs! :D

So I'd lost 5lbs in 3 days.

I've just weighed myself and im 12 stone 5 and 3/4 :confused:

How did I loose 5lbs the first 3 days then only manage a quarter of a lb in the next 4?

Am a bit gutted TBH.

Plus I'm still showing NO signs of ketosis that anyone else has experienced?! :([/QUOTE

Phoenixx is right when I lost the bulk of my weight on LL some years ago, (4 stone 5lb in 3 months!) I was losing 2 pounds most weeks and then 5 pounds on other weeks which basically evens it out to a stone a month but of course it slows down the lighter you become as your body is trying to hold onto whatever fat reserves are left!! :eek:

Lucky you no dog breath!! My teeth feel like they have never been brushed! But its worth it :)

Starlight said:
You wont necessarily feel side efffect, its almost impossible not to be in ketosis on a vlcd.

Not everyone gets the side effects but if youre not starving hungry, dont have headaches, and have plenty energy then youre most likely in :)

I was ravenous everyday and had frequent headaches when I did it before. So this time I'm only having half the veg allowance and a max of 1 cup of tea/coffee a day with milk.

Here's hoping! :D

Back