Disappointed

puckey

Gained 1 pound today I tried so hard all of last week the only thing I did is have a doughnut :((

I nearly cried I really did ???

Is this your first weigh in?

It could be because you haven't been eating enough. Have you used your syns each day and had your superfree? Try writing a few days of food diary's down here so we can help more.

Best thing is to start anew right now. Keep a diary, reread your books treat every day like the first day and just be as positive as possible. Also remember tom can influence losses. You can do it :)

Have you had your syns, limiting or not having syns doesn't do you any favours, I always have mine & I still have 15 a day.

Did you make sure you had 1/3 superfree at each meal, did you weigh hex's when needed.

Do you have a diary on here?;)

why am i not using them? because everything i used to eat and would be classed as syns i cant afford now and the other stuff i dont like

What did you eat before? Syns are in tomato sauce, mayo, gravy, crisps, cake, biscuits, the list is endless & I'm sure you can find something you like which is less then 15 syns per day.

Most evenings I have a glass of wine @ 3.5 syns (it's a small glass), and sometimes have 2 pink wafers 4.5 syns, I'll also use them on Linda Mccartney sausages or other quorn stuff.

Give us some ideas what you used to eat & I'm sure we can come up with some ideas to use your syns on, you don't want to feel deprived & give up on the plan.

Thanks everyone I didn't think I was gonna get that much feedback I think you are right I didn't eat much that week missed breakfast almost all week and hardly had anything at dinner. It's a struggle to go home and think of something to eat so I keep having very little food

In my experience it's all about planning, no good going home thinking hmmm what should I have...if I did this I'd pick up all the wrong things. I plan my weeks meals before I go shopping ect. So I know what I'm having when I get home from work and I stick to it.

also if I have a super strict week using hardly any syns and miss meals I will never get a result the same as a week I eat all 3 meals and use most syns. Always try to fit syns as they are part of the diet.

Yeah, planning is key in this diet. I don't have much time to cook an evening meal, I get home about 6.30 nd my partner at 7 so I try and do 'big cooks' every time I make a meal, such as slimming world bolognaise or curry, shepherds pie, whatever I make enough for 4, that way I can heve seconds or freeze some or take to work for lunch. That way I always have something i the freezer for emergencies/ can't be bothered to cook nights, whack it in the microwave, boil some pasta and you're done.

I wasn't eating enough at breakfast and lunch for about 2 weeks and gained weight but this week I have really planned to have a big lunch and tea and feel much better for it, but I can also tell that it's helping me lose weight!

I also always have my syns and I lost more when I had 15 a day (105 that week) that the week I was 'good' and have 30 (about 4 a day).

Yep planning is key. If I didn't plan I know I'd be struggling to think of what to have which would result in me being lazy and just picking at bad things. I don't know about anyone else but I love planning my food for the week, keeps me motivated :) x

Thanks guys lesson leaned I have spent the whole day today cooking things from the SW magazine. I made stuffed papers and Shepard pie and other things. I have dinner for every night of the week and lunch as well ready. I hope this will help. Thank u very much I really appreciate ur support

Ive found my sts weeks are always because I haven't eaten enough.

I will jump in here too. Have been at target for two years now, but I found I was maintaining for week after week, wanted to get down to miniumum before I go on holiday. It wasnt happening and I was being very very good. Last week I had three meals out, still within my weekly syn allowance, and lost half a pound. I also thought, well I dont eat any fat whatsoever, I think your body needs some, not a lot though. This may just be how my body works, but yes the syns are there to be used, and enjoyed.

Thanks guys lesson leaned I have spent the whole day today cooking things from the SW magazine. I made stuffed papers and Shepard pie and other things. I have dinner for every night of the week and lunch as well ready. I hope this will help. Thank u very much I really appreciate ur support

Well done Puckey, I'm sure you'll notice a massive difference this week. Try to eat some breakfast and get as much superfree in as you can, preferably one third :)

why am i not using them? because everything i used to eat and would be classed as syns i cant afford now and the other stuff i dont like

Well done on your weight loss so far, you are doing very well considering you are not eating syns. However, your weight loss may begin to slow or stop and if this is the case it will be because of this. This is the number one reason that gets flagged up here. Syns are meant to be incorporated into the plan but it doesn't have to be chocolates or wine, it could be things like some oil used in cooking, some cheese on your dinner etc. I really do hope that helps you. Good luck with everything.

Back