Disappointing Loss

localsteph

:cry:Hi all. I've pretty much been on plan really well all week except for one syn feast on Sat (although total syns for week under 100). Went to gym twice, did Zumba once and went jogging on Sat. My 1st WI today and I lost 1lb. I really expected to do better. It is my star week (!) but surely that can't really be to blame? :cry:

Look at my signature. A pound a week is 3 stone in the year. Also by going over your 70 syns in the first week doesn't give a true picture of what will happen when you stick to plan 100%. If you are not used to exercising then sometimes muscles can retain water for a while. TOM can see some people putting on half a stone. Try 100% next week and then see what your weight is doing. Good luck and keep us posted x

I agree with Brightonrosie. 1 pound is still a loss - Better that putting a pound on.

Keep at it. Good luck.

Forgive me, but you ate a whole weeks syn allowance in one day. Loosing anything is frsnkly a bonus. Some people are rrally lucky, and can get away with this type of syn feast. Others can't. You either need to not do that syn feast once a week & accept that you won't loose lots each week, or not do it & see what your losses are next week.

Aaide from that, Brightonrose is right. 1lb a week equals 52lbs, equals nearly 4st in a year. If you follow the plan properly it works.

Good luck x

I agree with the syns each day rather than all that once, I cant do that either. My loss first week was 1lb I found I wasnt eating enough!!! Could that be your problem?

you ll find next week you ll have a better weigh in with all your extra exercise and different things going on you ll be holding more water stick with it and you ll see results.

Look at my signature. A pound a week is 3 stone in the year. Also by going over your 70 syns in the first week doesn't give a true picture of what will happen when you stick to plan 100%. If you are not used to exercising then sometimes muscles can retain water for a while. TOM can see some people putting on half a stone. Try 100% next week and then see what your weight is doing. Good luck and keep us posted x

You can have up to 105 syns per week so she hasn't 'gone over'. I appreciate that some people can't get away with using them weekly though.

Try not to worry, a pound is a pound - it's off not on. It can be frustrating when you expected more but just think, you've spent the week eating well and exercising which is a huge positive.

Carry on doing so and the weight loss will follow :)

You can have up to 105 syns per week so she hasn't 'gone over'. :)

You are right. I was thinking what our consultant said to us last week about keeping to 10 syns a day this weeks to get Christmas out of our system.

A loss is a loss and they add up...

To lose 1lb of weight by exercise you need to burn 3,500 calories. I wear a heart rate
monitor when I go to the gym and do classes and you'd be surprised how much exercise 3,500 calories really is!

Don't let the 1lb loss get you down, it's a loss after all. Put last week behind you and focus on this week

I was exactly the same yesterday, my first weigh back on SW, have been off it for about 9 months and thought I would lose a good few pounds. But as others pointed out yesterday I still follow the plan ish, wholemeal bread , only 2 small slices, skimmed milk , no fats etc , so the weight loss wasnt going to be as big. I lost 1lb in 6 days and had the cheek to feel dissapointed. It wasnt a hard week, I was never hungry, I feel brighter than I did, more full of energy so good all round , heres to another weight loss next week. Keep at it , someone said look back over the month instead of the week , good luck.

I was exactly the same yesterday, my first weigh back on SW, have been off it for about 9 months and thought I would lose a good few pounds. But as others pointed out yesterday I still follow the plan ish, wholemeal bread , only 2 small slices, skimmed milk , no fats etc , so the weight loss wasnt going to be as big. I lost 1lb in 6 days and had the cheek to feel dissapointed. It wasnt a hard week, I was never hungry, I feel brighter than I did, more full of energy so good all round , heres to another weight loss next week. Keep at it , someone said look back over the month instead of the week , good luck.

What a fantastic attitude! If you look at my details below, I dont lose particularly quickly. Keep at it with the exercise and the scales will catch up!

Walter Bishop, what great losses you have, I love the way you still separate with a smiley face even when you have sts, that shows great strength of character. You are so close to goal now, well done you, I am sure you feel on top of the world. Thanks for your kind words.

Walter Bishop, what great losses you have, I love the way you still separate with a smiley face even when you have sts, that shows great strength of character. You are so close to goal now, well done you, I am sure you feel on top of the world. Thanks for your kind words.

Thanks for that! :)

Try to stay positive - a loss is a loss and next week i think you will lose more, as sometimes on * week you retain more water!

x

Many of us SW girls are the same with the small losses. I know I was amazed if I even managed to lose 2 lbs in a week and that was with approximately 70 syns plus at least 2 gym classes. What helped me when I first started was learning to accept that I'm in this for the long run and I want to eat well and be slim for life.

You are doing well. Don't let it dishearten you. As ellebear said, persevere and you will probably see a better result next week. Xx

I really cannot see why anyone would be disappointed with a 1lb loss, *especially* if its star week and you had a pig out on Saturday. :confused: 1lb is entirely normal.

How much did you expect to lose if you dont mind me asking? And why?

Thanks everybody for your support. I told everyone in class about here last night as I think its been so helpful.

I'd like to point out that I did not have the whole week's syns in one day! How could I be on here without cringing otherwise! I had about 25 syns that day and other days were much smaller ( 4-8). I expected to lose more because I felt like I had - it wasn't an expectation. My OH had remarked that he noticed a difference on how my clothes were fitting and I could feel it. I think I'm also comparing to last time I did it when I pretty much did the same and lost 4.5lbs. That was red and green days - and I think I'm probably unnecessarily worrying that I'm not getting my 1/3rd superfree in.

I know 1lb loss is better than nothing, but I was hoping for a brilliant 1st week to really kick things off and keep my motivation soaring in what is a very emotionally draining week for all sorts of reasons.

Thanks for all of your kind words, it really means such a lot. I've already picked myself back up. I got new kitchen scales and bathroom scales (both were manual and weighing the HE was tricky and my old bathroom scales were about 6lbs out from class scales). The good news is new bathroom scales said exactly the same as class last night and tonight said 3 lbs less!

Also last time I did SW I was not told about Star week and really didn't understand this which is why I asked about it.

Hun, 1lb is still a good loss!
Have you measured yourself? You could have lost inches :) xx

its my first week too, could'nt wait to get on the scales as i haven't touched a drop a of alcohol all week and stuck to 10 syns a day. I lost half a pound. so depressing. enough to drive you to drink! (only joking)

Back