Disappointing weight loss in week 2. Wondering if it's the sparkling water

Hi
I always drink sparkling water and it doean't make a difference. Bubbles of air in the water weigh nowt!

Everyone is different with different intial losses - as long as it evens out to the 'stone per month' average then there's nothing to worry about. That's why CD's claim talks about average losses over the month and not weekly.

Dear Elaenor I have to confess I was drawn to this thread because of your wonderful name. It rolls off the tongue.
Re the weight loss justwant to reiterate what all the others said.
Water balance & therefore weight on the scales can vary a lot as the day goes on. evening W/I's will theefore tend to be a little more erratic than morning ones. I wouldn't recommend not drinking in the day of he W/I as you might end up feling more hungry or even a bt wobbly.

Just remember ,if you were a bit over loaded with water this week then next week can only come as a pleasant surprise.
Stick to SSing DONT CHEAT & you WILL average about 14lbs amonth month after month.

Caution: One small downside to a forum like this, is the inevitable habit of comparing our losses to others. DONT. we're all different. Men lose faster. Tall people tend to lose faster etc. If you can repeat 4lbs a week compare that to losses on say WW or SW not to others on CD SSing. OK?

( Sorry had my headmistress head on ..not that I'm a teacher.)

Hi Eleanor,

I lost 12lb like you in week 1, then only 2lb in week 2. I have now lost 58lb in 14 weeks so I'm not the fastest loser but am very happy with how its coming off.

I only drink sparkling water as still water makes me gag for some reason.

And as for drinking before Wi, as the others have said, 1 litre of water weighs 2lb 2oz so most of us tend to cut back on the water an hour or two before Wi. Make extra effort to drink most of your water early on WI day, and then save the last bit for after Wi. It really makes a huge difference.

Good luck and dont be disappointed. You are doing fantastically well.

Thanks everyone.

I like the sound of caning the water early in the day, then having a break before the weigh-in, then caning it again after. I think I'll try that.

p.s. 'Eleanor Abernathy' isn't my real name. It's the name of the 'Mad Cat Lady' from The Simpsons!

Im convinced thatll be me. I have a cat and no fella. Im going to be the cat lady !
Taz x

Thanks everyone.

I like the sound of caning the water early in the day, then having a break before the weigh-in, then caning it again after. I think I'll try that.
How long til next W/I?
p.s. 'Eleanor Abernathy' isn't my real name. It's the name of the 'Mad Cat Lady' from The Simpsons!

Oh! shame in a way as it sings. Mainly sad though, that I've exposed my age, ignorance & general out-of-touchness. Sorry!

Back