Disasterous 1st wk weigh in

:cry:Hi everyone,

It was my first weigh in last nite and although i've stuck to it 100 million % i'd only lost 3 llbs. I knew through the week that the weight just wasn't moving as i'm a scale hopper - and i lost nothing at all for the first 3 days and then lost the 3 lb over 4 days. Although i'm still as motivated as ever i'm in pieces!!!!!! Havin read all your fab weight losses i just expected mine to be somewhere near as i need to lose 8 st but it just hasn't happened!!!!!! I really wanted to post a cry for help on the forum in the week but to be honest i've been so low when anyone mentioned the diet i was bursting into tears!!!!!

Anyway, my CDC was flabbergasted :confused: and couldn't understand it, i've drunk my water, had my 3 shakes and nothing else has passed my lips, my TOTM was the week before so that's not an issue either. I've even been out to the pub with my hubby twice in one week and drank tap water!!!!!!!!!!! She has suggested i take 4 shakes a day, saying that 3 just wasn't enough for my body and she's assured me it'll start working - i hope so!!! I can't begin to think where i can go from here if this isn't gonna work!!!!! If there's anyone that's experienced this or if anyone's got any ideas i'd be so grateful - thanks in anticipation,

Sharon x x

Oh, you poor thing! I would be so p****ed off! Perhaps you wil get a fab loss next week and then you will feel it's all worth it. Hope so.

Love

oh, meant to add, i'm in ketosis and have been since 3rd day and have found it really easy, probably the best diet i've ever done - and i've done them all, like most of us!!!!!

xxxxx

It will happen...don't be disheartened. If you stick to it, you can't fail to lose weight...honestly - it will happen.

Good luck.

thanxs for the words of encouragement - i just worry that i'm gonna be the only person it won't work for and i'm gonna be like this and so unhappy for eva!!!

xxxxx

Some people have great first week losses,but some just don't!
If you look at a lot of peoples losses they are up and down,it maybe that you are going to be someone who loses 3lbs very week and be very consistent.
Please don't be too upset...if you were on any other diet 3lb would be a fab loss and try not to compare yourself to others.
My CDC said with the weight I wanted to lose you could look at about a stone a month on average,so just give yourself a few weeks to see how you are going to lose!

Hun, I send massive hugs.

On my first week ever doing CD I lost 5lbs, but on my second week I still lost 5 and never lost more than 4lbs per week from then, I lost 5st in 4 months total, Not bad :D

I know loads lose 10lbs and 12lbs etc but some dont, plus if you cut down on carbs the week before as well then it will show as a smaller loss.

Keep at 4ltrs of water per day, go with your CDC's advice, give us a shout on here if you need anything and let us know next week what happens.

Youll be 8st lighter in a blink x

Wow, 5 st in 4 months - that would be fantastic!!!! (your pics look fab) Mayb like u say i'll have good weekly weight losses that start to add up over the weeks - fingers crossed x x x

Some people have great first week losses,but some just don't!
If you look at a lot of peoples losses they are up and down,it maybe that you are going to be someone who loses 3lbs very week and be very consistent.
Please don't be too upset...if you were on any other diet 3lb would be a fab loss and try not to compare yourself to others.
My CDC said with the weight I wanted to lose you could look at about a stone a month on average,so just give yourself a few weeks to see how you are going to lose!

I totally realate to this post, I know a lady who did just the same, every week 3-4lb, no 1lb on week and 7 the next... Don't worry hunny, on the cal and in ketosis it is impossible really not to lose the weight.. Fingers crossed to you and good vibes on thier way to you.XXX

awww, thanks springador and chitty, i'm def gonna keep going, i'm sooooooo determined. I suppose we are all different and lose weight in different ways. My CDC has been lovely, she's rang me tonight to see how i'm feeling and reassured me, like you, that it simply has to work. So thanks again for the support and i'll be sure and keep u posted next week. Have a great weekend,

Sharon x x x

As honoury (sp) chairman of the 3lb club welcome aboard!!!

To date this is my weight loss -

1st week - 7lbs
2nd week - 3lbs
3rd week - 3lbs
4th week - 3lbs
5th week - 2lbs
6th week - 3lbs
7th week - STS?
8th week - 5lbs
9th week - 3lbs!!!

Good luck! XX

Thanks Camilla, when u see all your weight losses added up week after week its really impressive, i just felt worried that with only 3 in the first week it would slow down even more in the weeks after but i'm feeling more optimistic now with everyones posts so i'll just have to see what happens next week........ thanxs again hun x x :)

Thing is with CD is there is no "Normal" everyone loses differently. Makes it hard to compare and very disheartening sometimes too.

The only way is to take average losses over a month, measure waistlines and the such one a month and take it all month by month.

Please dont give up, the hardest part is over with, you are in the pink and have got through the first week, this is your golden time, and youll be brill x

Hey there, 3lb is a good loss, and as someone said above, on any other diet you would have been chuffed to bits. I know on weeks I have lost 1lb it is disheartening, but then its usually followed by a good loss, and its great that you are finding it easy to do and are still willing to carry on. You will get there, and everyone on here is around to support you for those low points and celebrate the high points. You sound as though you have a great CDC who is there for you, so stick with it and we all look forward to a great loss next week. K xx

IT WILL HAPPEN! Try not to be a scale hopper. Keep your head down as they say and your eye onthe prize. Keep at it and the weight will definately go. How could it not?? Don't give up, you can do it, you ARE doing it.x

awww, thanks springador and chitty, i'm def gonna keep going, i'm sooooooo determined. I suppose we are all different and lose weight in different ways. My CDC has been lovely, she's rang me tonight to see how i'm feeling and reassured me, like you, that it simply has to work. So thanks again for the support and i'll be sure and keep u posted next week. Have a great weekend,

Sharon x x x

You welcome, have a good day and keep drink lots and lots of water. XXXXXX

Sorry to hear that, I'll put money on it that next week you'll have a fantastic loss!

Keep at it, it'll all be worth it:hug99:

Thanxs everyone, your posts are making me feel sooooo much better. Lost another 1/2 this morning and it was a 1/4 yesterday morning - still not fab but hey rome wasn't built in a day!!!!!!

Hope u all have a fab weekend - much luv x x x x

Back