Disastrous Week......... Help Needed

helen1987

It started off so well, i was 100% on plan for the first 3 and 1/2 days this week, but Tuesday afternoon we had an 'incident' at home, which has totally thrown me out of my normal routine.

i am currently living with no carpets, huge fans and dehumidifiers (it was a flood) fallen down ceilings, and the constant coming and going of builders and workmen. Needless to say this has totally thrown me off plan, ive been eating whatever has been readily available to me (shop bought sandwiches, and takeaways) along with chocolate, and biscuits for comfort.

Its likely that im going to have to live with my house upside down for the next few weeks, so im going to need to be really organised to get back on track.

im thinking of trying to batch cook some meals for my fridge/freezer over the weekend whilst i have the chance (chilli etc.....) as the kitchen is currently messy, unorganised, and not very accesible. making it difficult to prepare and cook meals of an evening. im also understandably feeling fed up, and lacking motivation to do anything.

Any ideas and advice to help me through the next few weeks (and still lose weight) would be much appreciated :)

Thanks xxxx

Hi Helen, I do soo sympathise with you... how dreadful to have all your possessions under water. I'm not surprised that you are feeling so stressed, bless you! .. and to think you are still going to try to keep to some sort of diet is amazing.
If you can get some batch cooking done ..all to the good but other than wishing you all the very best I am just thinking of you and hope things improve soon.
Take care and kind regards.. Emmaline

Oh that is awful for you! I had that a couple of years ago when my kitchen flooded!

Do you have a slow cooker? They are amazing, just throw in meat, veg and potatoes in the morning and leave it will be ready 8 hours later, just sever up and eat.

I make everything from Chilli to a whole chicken in mine.

I try and make twice as much as I need and freeze half for another time.

Oh my heart goes out to you, and my admiration that you are still battling to stay on track. The slow cooker idea is a good one. I lived for the fist 3 months in my present house with just 1 electric ring and used my pressure cooker alot. If you can do batch cooking over the weekend it will take the pressure off you later in the week. Good luck hun.

Really sorry to hear about what's happened at home, how awful and well done you for even thinking about your diet at such a stressful time. I would agree with what you've said about the batch cooking, I think that's a brilliant idea, you could do bolognese, chilli, stew and soup all filled with lots of veg and freeze the lot. It would certainly take all the thinking out of eating over the next week or so as you'll certainly be busy sorting other things out. Good luck hun and I hope you get your house sorted as quickly as possible.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

im pretty impressed with myself that im trying to stay on track too, but i think to be honest, i have used what happened as an excuse to eat junk for the last few days, and i cant let that carry on for the next few weeks, as it would just be a vicious circle.

the sooner i get back on track, the better!!!

Back