Disheartened!

tink1982

I'm into week 3 and have had two brilliant WI results, but being the serial weigher I have noticed that I have not dropped even 1/4 lb since my weigh in on Tuesday. :mad:

I haven't been to the 'loo' (sorry, TMI!) either, and I have also introduced a bar per day instead of my evening shake - could these be to blame?:confused:

Shall I throw away my scales?:sigh:

Don't worry.

Week 3 us often a week where losses are low. Think I squeezed 1lb (just).

Lots of people blame the bars - but I think that often your body is in so much shocked - it starts to fight against you and gets little rebellious!

Keep at it - it'll all even out!

Keep looking at your weightloss todate to keep you motivated!

Do you want me to get the spreadsheets out? do you ;) I could bore the entire internet with weightloss maths and statistics FOREVER!

Over 30 weeks I had about 8 weeks where I lost 4lbs or more v (sometimes 8lbs well into the diet) and 8 weeks where I stayed the same or lost less than 3lbs and all the rest I lost between 3 and 4lbs. It all evens out and when there's a couple of hundred pounds of you, it just takes your body hanging on to one 200th of your weight to gain a lb. I've been going up! UP! After 9 weeks of abstinence, going up for a week! Madness! But that means I am ovulating - I know this now because I am crazy spreadsheet woman. Scales are great for the general trend, but weight means nothing on a day to day basis. In fact sometimes I think electronic scales just go 'Oh yeah, I've weighed you before, you're the same as yesterday' (I have no evidence beyond sneaking on with my camera that weighs a couple of pounds and the weight hasn't changed)

Yes, throw them away!! They are evil!!! :)There is absolutely no WAY that you aren't losing weight if u are doing CD properly! Give your body a chance to catch up with itself. The pounds will come off and also the inches. Last time I did CD I stuck at a certain weight for several days but I lost inches during this time. I had a belt I wore all the time. Got up one day, put it on and it nearly fell off even though my weight had remained the same.....a couple of pounds then dropped the following days!! Also remember that the massive losses are usually on the first while on the diet....it then slows a bit to about 3-5 per week depending on your size!!! Don't be disheartened!!

Thanks - I think I have a scales addiction. I even weighed myself in the middle of the night at the weekend when I woke up to go for a wee! :)

tink1982 said:
Thanks - I think I have a scales addiction. I even weighed myself in the middle of the night at the weekend when I woke up to go for a wee! :)

Hehe!
When you to the stage of doing pre and post toilet trip weighs - you definitely have a problem!

Hi i am a serial weigher too i know i shouldnt but cant help it! Last week from wednesday to monday my scales didnt budge! But from tuesday to today (thursday) they are showing 5lb loss it was my totm over past week but just wanted to show that sometimes scales like to play mind games with us! My theory is if you are sticking to this 100% u have to lose weight maybe this week the scales wont change much but at some point it will all catch up and the weight will come off!! Alot of people say serial weighing is wrong but i have to but i try to keep the mindset of right the scales havent moved so im gonna do 30mins exercise or right im off for a walk and it actually motivates me try to keep this in mind and good luck x

Totally agree - my weight losses on LL are in my sig, and I was 100% for the whole time so it's really interesting to see the different losses each week.

I get weighed daily too - I do it to stay in control. I don't weigh when I'm out of control and go into denial, so I like to know exactly where I'm at every day. And yes, I've been known to do the before and after pee weigh ins!! Hee hee!!

. In fact sometimes I think electronic scales just go 'Oh yeah, I've weighed you before, you're the same as yesterday' (I have no evidence beyond sneaking on with my camera that weighs a couple of pounds and the weight hasn't changed)[/QUOTE]

I think this too, in fact I'm sure mine do this

I totally agree with above esp. JaxieD. I had the same experience, when the scales didn't move, I was loosing inches and also had the ''wake up in the morning of day 3 no scales move''noticing a difference myself. The scales then catch up.
Just stick to it. Good luck, we've all experience this and thos that ride the storm - it all comes good in the end.

I do the same!!! Except, I do it most nights as I need to get up after all the water I have drunk!!
However, I don't let what the scales read, bother me. I know my body so well that I almost know what I will weigh after I've eaten certain foods!!! Yes, sad I know!!!
Anyway, yes, back to week 3. Its true, even on any diet week 3 and often week 4 can be slow losers for some. I think after 2 good losses it's you body saying ' hang on a minute, what's going on! '
Scales really are not the best indication of weight loss. Your clothes or a tape measure are. The thing with scales is they just weigh you, regardless of fat or water. When we lose fat from our fat cells, they can temporarily refill with water and so the scales weigh us the same weight even though you will have undoubtedly lost fat (it's almost impossible not to on this diet) but the scales don't recognise this, hence we get the same reading.

As for not losing any weight so far this week, personally for me, I never show any loss until the last minute, sometimes even as late as official weigh in day.
Thing is with this diet, you can't really tweak it to help your losses. As long as you are doing everything right, having all your packs and drinking plenty of water, the rest is down to your body! It will happen.....trust me.

Back