Going down...

I made some bacon, spring onion, mushroom & cheese eggy dinosaurs today (the only silicone mould I have!). They are really handy to grab as a snack.

Am at work til 0330 and then up at 8 for second job which is really hard work mentally :( the next 24 hours are going to be difficult but I will take some dinos & ready made shakes with me, and just keep plodding on. OH is away with friends so at least I can just collapse on the sofa with the dog tomorrow night.

Struggling a bit now, feeling the cold and it's difficult to stay alert. Looking forward to getting to my bed. Just got to get through training from 9-4 tomorrow, then go for a ride 5-7, go for a run 7.30-8 & then I'll be able to go to bed. So only 12 hours to struggle through from getting up. I can do that! Will alternate dino & shake every 2 hours.

Survived! Had to have a nap 4-5 and didnt bother riding as I was so tired but of course now I can't sleep. Had one dino, 3 shakes and some of the meat mix left over from lasagne at my parents' house.

Pleased with myself for going for a little run, it felt pretty good too :) better than last time.

Only training 9-2.30 tomorrow, am looking forward to a nice afternoon/evening off.

I'm shattered just reading that! Wow have a nice afternoon off and make sure you do x

image.jpeg Thanks Bex! Had a lovely evening - rode my horse then took the dog for a walk round her favourite place with OH.

Had three shakes, a dinosaur and 2 low carb sausages. Need to increase my fibre/veg intake...

Going for a run this morning before work, am going to try it on an empty stomach with shake when I get back.

C25k week 2 done! Run felt good this morning - I had the energy for two little extra runs - then had a shake. Got to go to work now, hi ho.

Yesterday ended the day really hungry so had some olives & mozarella before bed. Maybe cos I started with exercise?

Today had a shake for breakfast but I'm working at a different office so have had 2 portobello mushrooms with tuna, mozarella and sun dried tomatoes for tea as I cba answering questions about milkshakes. Might have a shake later but for now I'm pretty full :)

Very exciting that your jacket has arrived Weevil - that's a great motivator. And how fantastic to kiss goodbye to size 20 forever. I'm there at the minute, but not for long! :woohoo:

I've lost 11kg now :) (235 to 211lb for those who do lbs)

Did c25k week 3 run one last night, shuffled my way around the main bit but then did two short extra runs keeping up with OH - I need to do *some* actual running, although I know it will be a long time before I'm fit enough to keep up with her the whole way, for my knees if nothing else.

Worked out that we will be running 5k at the end of our honeymoon! I've put a recurring calendar note in to go running so that we keep it up.

We also had a bit of a dance, working out some moves for our first dance in 4 weeks time - great fun!

Off to Pilates now :)

Nice work practicing for your first dance Weev. I could have used some of that 12 years ago!!! :) And thank you for the pounds to kilos translation - I can't do decimal!

Yesterday I had two shakes, then some chicken, salad and coleslaw.

So far today I've only had one shake even though I've been up since 6.15 :D really good going for me, so I am going to treat myself to one for lunch now! Had tonnes of water though which has been going straight through me washing out all those lovely ketones...

Out running tonight with OH, not sure what we have in for tea :/

Oof pogged!
Went for a run/shuffle, it was hard work tonight :( but finished with a few actual proper runs again - only short but they felt good.

Then had: sweet potato 'nachos' with home made salsa, chipotle chicken, cheese, home made guacamole and then some stir fried greens alongside. It was bloody lovely!!!

11 hours at work today, then going out to a fish and chip restaurant for my friend's 40th :/

Have had a shake already, I don't like these shifts as I usually end up having 3 shakes at work. Will have to try eking them out with big mugs of tea and lots of water so that I only have two, but if it ends up being 3 then so be it.

I've had a look at the website and I'm hoping they can do me a grilled/poached fish with salad. Will treat myself to a couple of crispy chips off OH's plate :)

Oh and to the people who visit and leave comments - thank you! I'm aware I don't go on many other people's diaries, but I worry that if I read too much about cheating/slips etc it will put at risk my single-mindedness and determination.

Last edited:
Still here, had three nice days off work and not had many shakes, more food but stuck to healthy things. Have made some of my flax bread, so had scrambled egg on toast yesterday morning - lush. Back to work today so back on them for convenience. Did the first run of c25k week 4 yesterday, 16 minutes of jogging! Weight is on a bit of a plateau which is irritating but it'll come off eventually.

It's my birthday tomorrow, OH is making me a paleo-ish thin sponge cake (using arrowroot & coconut flour) with whipped cream and a sliver of jam but I've said I'm not fussed about eating out, will do a tray of roasted veg & meat for simplicity.

Doing another bonkers late finish at work and then early up to go to Newark for 6hrs of training! It'll all be good fun in the end but I'm not relishing the thought of just 4hrs sleep again...

My birthday cake yesterday was bloomin lovely :D

Had a bulletproof coffee this morning, and then wasn't hungry til 4pm when I had lamb & veg soup, then just had a shake at work so am going to try the same again in the morning to kickstart my manic day & then two shakes while I'm training. Got a day off on Sunday, can't wait - hopefully will get to have a nice pony day.

Back