Disheartened

It's worth bearing in mind also that sometimes weight and body shape don't always change at the same rate. I dropped two stone in the first couple months on SW. The last month I've kind of stuck, in terms of weight. I'm not blameless for this, as I haven't been perfect, but to be fair, I've not been THAT bad either. Strangely though, people at work are all of a sudden commenting that I've lost a lot of weight in the last couple weeks, and indeed, my clothes are showing a difference, even though the scales don't reflect much of a change. So I believe that our weight and our body shape often has to play a game of catch up. They don't change at the same rate. So the fact that you're losing weight, I feel, will in time be reflected in the new clothes that you will need, once your body adjusts to the weight. Don't lose faith!

Also, it has been mentioned previous in this post and a month or so ago, that Evans' new collection don't seem to be that generous in size. So you're probably suffering a double whammy. So rise above it girl... you're doing brilliantly!

i hate clothes shopping for this reason, i have jeans from the same shop, 1 pair are a 16 and 1 pair are a 18 and both fit me:cry:but i sure wouldn't get into a 16 elsewhere:mad:

chin up sweetie xx

No advice to give here but had to post to say your weight loss so far is an inspiration to us all... you're doing absolutely fab and you should be so proud! xx

Thanks folks, you're lovely xxx

I'm thinking of writing to Evans head office and mentioning that the actual sizes, compared with the advertised sizes, are smaller than they should/used to be.

Evans are one of the worst shops for small sizes. I think they do it just to pi$$ us off a bit more.

Do yourself a favour - take your measurements. Although I've lost 4 stone, I've only gone down a couple of sizes, but my measurements are showing inch loss. I measure neck, bust, waist, fattest part of my thigh, above my knee and the fattest part of my upper arm. That gives real results even when you've had a low weight loss on the scales.

I think I have some size 26 canvas 3/4 length trousers and a couple of other pairs that I no longer need. If you want them I'm more than happy to let you have them. All I'd ask for is postage. I'll go check what I've got if you want and pm you with more details.

Back