Disney etc Florida.

Tyraboots

So the plan is next summer, if I have shrunk enough I will take my daughter to Florida.
We have visited Paris disney.
Here;s the thing. I can't drive.
Can you still do all the parks Universal, Disney etc without a car?

So the plan is next summer, if I have shrunk enough I will take my daughter to Florida.
We have visited Paris disney.
Here;s the thing. I can't drive.
Can you still do all the parks Universal, Disney etc without a car?

Check out the hotel (I-Drive is fairly central) - most do free transport to one, other or both.

HI
If you stay on I-Drive all the hotels offer transport to all the parks, i drove when we went this easter but the transport system is fantastic you will have no probs.
Milli

You are probably right there however their roads are 100% better than ours!

Hehe. Maybe our driving test should include skills such as pothole avoidance and how to drive over speedbumps without damaging your exhaust :D

Hey. Have you been to Florida before? I like to get a car to visit my old haunts, I stayed for 3 months in Daytona and 3 months in Vero beach doing my flight training so I like to get about.

Don't worry about getting around. If you stay on Idrive, you have a bus going up an down the strip all the time.

Universal and Wet n Wild are easily within walking distance. There are regular shuttles to Disney (just be careful, some hotels advertise a shuttle, but some only go once a day - which is not a "shuttle" in my books).

For Busch gardens Tampa, you can get a package which includes the coach. It's 1hr 30 and the busses there are a lot more comfy than here. So you can easily have a blast without a hire car. You can also chill out with a nice frozen margarita without the worry of having to drive back!

You also have regular service busses to Downtown Orlando, but to be honest there's not a lot to see there.

You will have a fantastic time. I LOVE Florida - want to live there one day. The other thing you have to worry about driving, apart from their complete lack of safety or driving ability, is the lack of MOTs there. You will see some right wrecks, especially out of the large cities!!

Hi,we are going to orlando this year and my daughter and her boyfriend have opted to stay on I-Drive so that they willl be able to walk to Universal and at night they can walk to all the bars and retaurants ect.(young love....they wish to be alone)Most of the hotels offer shuttles to the parks, as others have said you really don't need a car. Hvae a great time it is a fantastic place xx

Ive just returned from Florida, you will have a wonderful time as others have said the transport system is very good, so you should be fine x

Hi, I have worked at Disney World, Florida for 6 months over the last few years and am going back this summer to see some old friends... we dont drive and it is not a problem at all. Loads of hotels offer transport to parks and once you are on Disney property you can use their buses to go from park to park anyway. Taxis are very cheap as well if ever you are really stuck and transport on i-drive is great as well if you are planning on saying there

Make sure you stay on i drive we started our holiday at kissamee & ended up changing hotels after a few days of buses
Once we got to i drive the shuttles worked out brilliant
you will enjoy it we did

Back