dissapointed with weigh in

I wanna b a loser!

I've had a great week, 70 syns exactly,NO cheating or estimating going on whatsoever, did 6 miles on treadmill on saturday, been drinking lots of water (I always do this) having my A's and B's, lots of super free...pretty much the same kind of week that got me the 2lb loss....and I've lost 0.5lb :(:cry:

All I can think it could be because of is I've had abit of the runs this morning and my belly feels bloated. Would this affect the scales? Someone tell me yes!!? I'm not a happy bunny, I've resisted soooo many naughties this week for 0.5lb loss?!

Your body has natural fluctuations anyway: if you're allowed to fluctuate up to 3lbs either side of target weight, there's nothing to say these fluctuations don't occur during the course of you actual weight loss too.

0.5lbs is still a good loss, it adds up to almost 2 stone over the course of a year. Don't be too hard on yourself, and don't panic that it's not working - IT IS!!

Stick with it, and i'm sure you'll see a good loss next week if you keep up your efforts.

You could always post your food diary on here so that people could advise if there were anything obvious on there.

stick with it honey , you will see it next week x

Listen to Jenny - she is a wise woman!
I know it's hard but try not to become so invested in that weekly weigh-in because there are any number of non-food related things that can affect your weight. Looking at your losses over a month is generally more reliable as it takes into account hormonal changes.

this has happened to me before but dont give up! x
I stuck rigidly for two weeks and only lost 0.5lb but then the next week i lost 6lb. Your body fluctuates all the time.

Keep going and well done, after all 0.5lb is more than you would be losing if you werent on the diet ?! xx

1/2lb off is still a loss!
It's not a gain, and you didn't stay the same - you still lost!

Though I know how it's disheartening.

I had several weeks that went like this:
+1
0 (STS)
+2

It's so ANNOYING.. but because I've now tracked this for several week I can see that it even though I've gone up and stayed the same some times.... ultimately I weight less than when I started!

As much as I wish I could lose 2lbs every single week without fail...knowing that I'll get there evenuntually is motivation for me to stick with it (even when I do go overboard with the wine on a friday night sometimes)

:)

I know it can be disheartening, but stick with it and it WILL be worth the wait I promise. I suggest that, if you're exercising as well, start measuring yourself once a week/fortnight. Sometimes I find that even when the scales don't want to move, the inches are still slipping away. :D

Thankyou all for your lovely comments, I know what you say is right. I just have to keep plodding onwards. xxx

Back