Distractions?

Avon Rachel

Hi guys
I'm on day 2 and struggling a little (not fallen off quite yet) - had my shakes and 200g cauliflower today but been finding it hard as everything i watch on tv seems to feature lots of food and the adverts all appear to be the same... Anyone got any advice for how to ignore them?

Cheers :)

Turn off the tv or don't watch :) read a book, tidy out a cupboard, paint nails, listen to some music, search the Internet for your target outfit- do something else to distract you :)

I have been thinking of putting some cognitive behavioural therapy stuff together to help with things like this. Write a list of. All the reasons why you Want to lose weight and every time you feel like eating something that's not on plan, read it and remember the food might make you feel better for s couple of minutes but I can guarantee you will feel much worse after that. Hang on in there it will get so much easier once you are in ketosis which could be in the morning. If you eat tonight you will have to start all over again. Go for It girl x

Record your favourite programs and fast forward the ads if you have to still watch them. I've just given up live tv completely saving me tv licence fee and £20 a month on sky. Extreme I know but there's always catchup services and I think sitting watching pointless tv mindlessly munching got me this way so I'd rather listen to a podcast while exercising or read a book anyway. The first few days are the hardest there came a point where I could have chewed my own arm but stick.with it- it does work!

Back