Ditching the scales

not weighed now for 2days and i've got itchy feet, very tempted to have a sneak WI but will resist, feel slimmer and lighter somehow WEIRD

don't give in scousemouse - I've not found the scales still and I can't be bothered too either. Now they're not in the bathroom its so much easier not to obssess...

Hey, I had a serious think about this the other day. Usually i weight myself every day. I am addicted. But thinking back, knowing what i weigh makes me either depressed and i want to eat, or happy and i want to reward myself!! Have been seriously thinking about getting rid of the scales to save myself the torture. But i dont know if i can do it!!!

There was someone on here back in the day that decided not to weigh herself and let the chemist tell her when she was at goal. Now i am thinking its a wonderful idea! Still thinking about it thought!! :)

I agree ditch them.

I use a tape measure only and my clothes. You get discouraged and disappointed if you don't like what you see or they havent changed even though you are feeling thinner... then that positive feeling turns into hate and sadness and you loose motivation and commitment.

Also when you stress about things or focus too hard on them you can put your body into stress and then it stops working for you; potentially you staying at the same weight with any of the above consequences happening... bingeing/cheating.

I'm secretly glad he has hidden them well!!

LOL
Bren
X

don't give in scousemouse - I've not found the scales still and I can't be bothered too either. Now they're not in the bathroom its so much easier not to obssess...
daughter just jumped on wii fit and got weighed and guess what i didn't even bother, going to wait now for tomorrows WI, feeling lighter so hopefully a good result coming my way.

I'm definately a fully-fledged member of the WA! First thing in the morning (after my first pee) and last thing at night (after my last pee), both in the nuddy of course! I also write down both weights.

Also, if I happen to be near the scales during the day, they just seem to shout "come and stand on me"!

Daft, really, but it reading this thread it sounds like I'm not the only one. I'm afraid I'm beyond help!

daughter just jumped on wii fit and got weighed and guess what i didn't even bother, going to wait now for tomorrows WI, feeling lighter so hopefully a good result coming my way.

well done scousemouse - and good luck with the weigh in tomorrow x

If I think about it then first thing in the morning (after my first tiddle!!!!!) I will pop on the scales but otherwise I'm not that bothered as the WI at the chemists is the only one I'm interested in. I did go on more often after my 2 bad weeks as I was desperate for a bigger loss in my week 8 WI. My scales are really inaccurate!

x

Hi guys
i'm new here, started LT last thurs... sad to say i'm addicted to the scales!!.. I weigh myself every morning and it has helped me work through my dizziness and feelings of starvation as i can see it's working! lol
This is not easy, but i've been stuck at the same weight since January and LT has finally got the scale moving downwards again!
So i'm sticking with it until i get to goal...

Back