Dithering about Re-joining Class

bobbedazzler

Hiya

I'm currently dithering about whether to rejoin my SW class tonight!

I haven't been for about 6 weeks now and I KNOW I weight a shedload more than I did when I left ....... I'm really embarrassed and don't know whether to go back or not!

Will they give me new books and a new weigh in sheet thingie if I rejoin or will I just have to keep wistfully looking at my old weights every week??

Would you go even though you're embarrassed because you know the Consultant and weigh in lady??

Jo x

Hiya Jo

You shouldn't be embarrassed! I'm not sure if they give you a new book or not, I would imagine they would if you wanted a new one and were paying the joining fee again.

I would still go if I knew the people, yeah. I knew the consultant, most of the group and my mum used to do the weighing in at my old class :D

I think you should definately go and say you would like to join afresh - hence new sheet etc. your consultant will be delighted to see you back giving it a fresh start - best of luck!!

I soooo wish I'd carried on going, even when I knew I'd gained ..... because at least I would have still been keeping some sort of hold on things - as it is, its all gone downhill very quickly and crawling back up seems like SUCH a hard task!

Jo x

Right, I've done it ..... and I've even roped my Mum in to come with me (she's a lifetime target member) so I can't back out now!

C says that I can have new book and sheet, she'll make sure they're there waiting for me tonight!

Oooh I'm a bit excited now........ although its still quite daunting at the same time!

Jo x

Good luck mate!! how much had you lose before you stopped going? I can't face a class so I'm going it alone, I'll see how i get on. Weighed this morning, eeeeeeek

Well done on making the arrangements to go back Hun. Whether you're a new member or someone coming back its a big step, so well done!!

Good luck and have fun.

xx

well done - you're doing the right thing. You know what happens when you don't go, and it'll be great for you to have that feeling of control over Xmas. Go girl!!!!

Thanks everyone, well I did it, I went back and it wasn't as bad as I thought. The C game me a lovely welcome back and I was really glad I'd plucked up the courage!

Onwards and inwards now hopefully! lol

x

PS/ My old consultant (many moons ago) always said to have just 10 syns a day ....... this consultant says you MUST have 10-15 each day (or 70-105 per week if that way works for you) so that when you get closer to target you have the option on cutting back slightly on syns whereas if you only start on 10 a day (70 a week) you could end up feeling deprived if you have to cut back! x

PS/ My old consultant (many moons ago) always said to have just 10 syns a day ....... this consultant says you MUST have 10-15 each day (or 70-105 per week if that way works for you) so that when you get closer to target you have the option on cutting back slightly on syns whereas if you only start on 10 a day (70 a week) you could end up feeling deprived if you have to cut back! x

I don't agree with saying you must have 15 syns a day and this certainly isn't what SW say on their website and literature. Between 5 and 15 syns a day but no need to force feed yourself to make the 15 mark.

Oh Circes, there's no force feeding required to get to my 15 syns a day, believe me! lol

(although my Mum used to struggle to get to 10 but then she's only 8st and according to a post made recently (on here somewhere) SW reckon once you're under 10 stone you should cut down to around 5-10 syns a day anyway)

My C says that the syns are there only if you need them and that if you don't need them, then don't have them. That was an eye opener as I usually saved mine up for the evening and then had them just because I could - which apparently is wrong!

I wish that they'd all give the same info out .....surely SW have a standard take on this sort of thing!?

Maybe my C was thinking that we might all think if we have less syns we'll lose weight quicker but then end up feeling deprived, which I can understand ..... but you'd think something as basic as number of syns would be something they all agreed on!

Well done Jo!!

I've always stuck to 15/105 too as that's what I was told by my first ever consultant. My second C told me 10 but I still stuck to 15 lol

Back