Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by slimmerkay, 17 August 2009 Social URL.

1. slimmerkay

slimmerkay Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Low Cal/Awaiting WLS
    Looking for others' experiences here.

I had to go to docs this morning and he thinks I may have diverticulitis. I have to go back tomorrow when the urgent blood tests he ordered will be back.

Have others suffered this? I was wondering if my obesity has been a cause of it.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rhuba

rhuba i really don't know life

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    optimum nutrition and lots of exercise!
    hi hun,

i havent got any personal experience of it, but i'm currently reading 'the optimum nutrition bible' by patrick holford, with a view to curing some of my ailments (excema, dermatitis, headaches etc) through diet and supplements alone.
    i wouldn't have absorbed much of what he says about it if i hadn't remembered reading your post and wondering what it was!

he says that the condition is rare, but is most likely caused by a lack of dietry fibre and not enough exercise. he recommends a specific diet to help combat it (high in fibre - although avoiding 'hard' fibre such as wheat bran, so lots of veg and low in 'bad' fat, red meat etc, but high in good ie. nuts seeds etc)along with the following daily supplements:

- 2 x multivitamins & minerals
    - vitamin E 400mg
    - vitamin C 1000mg
    - a cold pressed oil blend rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to help calm down the inflammation.

dunno if you've got your blood tests back yet, and am not professing to be any sort of expert, but this guy is supposed to be amazing, and i feel great from devising my own 'optimal health' plan :)

good luck with it, and i hope you feel better soon!

rhuba xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.