Diverticulitis

slimmerkay

Silver Member
Looking for others' experiences here.

I had to go to docs this morning and he thinks I may have diverticulitis. I have to go back tomorrow when the urgent blood tests he ordered will be back.

Have others suffered this? I was wondering if my obesity has been a cause of it.

hi hun,

i havent got any personal experience of it, but i'm currently reading 'the optimum nutrition bible' by patrick holford, with a view to curing some of my ailments (excema, dermatitis, headaches etc) through diet and supplements alone.
i wouldn't have absorbed much of what he says about it if i hadn't remembered reading your post and wondering what it was!

he says that the condition is rare, but is most likely caused by a lack of dietry fibre and not enough exercise. he recommends a specific diet to help combat it (high in fibre - although avoiding 'hard' fibre such as wheat bran, so lots of veg and low in 'bad' fat, red meat etc, but high in good ie. nuts seeds etc)along with the following daily supplements:

- 2 x multivitamins & minerals
- vitamin E 400mg
- vitamin C 1000mg
- a cold pressed oil blend rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to help calm down the inflammation.

dunno if you've got your blood tests back yet, and am not professing to be any sort of expert, but this guy is supposed to be amazing, and i feel great from devising my own 'optimal health' plan :)

good luck with it, and i hope you feel better soon!

rhuba xx

Back