Dizziness & headaches

RickCov

Hi all,

I've read that headaches are quite common in the early stages of Atkins but has anyone experienced dizziness? I never usually get headaches or dizzy spells but since starting this WOE I have both regularly.

Dizzy spells come once or twice a day and usually last for around an hour!

I'm into my second week of induction and am happy with my losses so far (10lb in week 1)! But am a little concerned that it may make me bad!

From experience, can anyone offer any advice?

Atb

My husband had a lot of dizzy spells in first month - seemed to be low blood pressure so eg when standing up fast. Many find BP drops And can take it too far. Solved his problem by significantly upping water intake - he wasn't having enough and potentially salt (stock or pork crackling).

Headaches are usually carb, caffeine, sugar withdrawal and should go away sooner - water and paracetamol recommend
Hth

If you've had rapid weight loss it is v likely to be blood pressure and can happen on any diet. Retaining water causes high blood pressure, dropping your water weight lowers your blood pressure and the body needs to adapt to the new level.

Low blood pressure much healthier than high though so ultimately not a bad thing, just takes time to adapt then you should stop feeling dizzy. Katie is right, drinking more and adding salt to food help.

Thanks to both, that's really helpful.

At the minute I'm having between 10 and 12 glasses of water per day and I have to admit I am a bit of a salt addict! So hopefully if I carry on as I am my body will adjust soon! :)

Back