dizzy spells??!!?

tegzy

keep getting dizzy spells, like feeling really faint and head spins as if ive blanked out for a second or 2...

any ideas?

this isnt a new thing but it seems to be occuring more since xen

Hi tegzy ,

sounds something similar what i suffer from, is it when you suddenly stand up,
you feel as if you are going to faint or black out, like a sudden rush to your head, I've suffered with it for a while
but really should go see doctor you to should go just for check up.

Ted.

it doesnt really have a pattern, sometimes when im just standing doing dishes or doing paperwork at work... i went a few years ago and they had me do all kinds of silly things, jogging on the spot, star jumps standing up and siting down quickly whilst monitoring my blood pressure, and blood tests were taken but nothing ever came of it, everything seemed fine they said...

ive noticed that it happens more when im dieting, no matter what diet, it was really bad when i was on lipotrim, total food replacement,

maybe i should go back and see the quack, whats your diagnosis?

This could be diet related, not actually the Xenical. A change in calorific intake is enough to make you a bit giddy, and not drinking enough can also do it.

It is more common tfr. Maybe up your cals a little bit, drink some extra water, maybe start a multi vit if you don't already :)

Mmm my grandmother has suffered dizzy spells for years and been to the doc loads of times.. Last week they sent her to have her ears vacuumed out.. Including the inner ear.. Theory is this.. Crystals form in the wax of the inner ear and when/if they fall off they cause dizzy feelings due to the crystals being loose in the inner ear.. She has not had a dizzy spell since it was done last week.. So fingers crossed they don't come back.... Don't know if that will be of any help :)

Mmm my grandmother has suffered dizzy spells for years and been to the doc loads of times.. Last week they sent her to have her ears vacuumed out.. Including the inner ear.. Theory is this.. Crystals form in the wax of the inner ear and when/if they fall off they cause dizzy feelings due to the crystals being loose in the inner ear.. She has not had a dizzy spell since it was done last week.. So fingers crossed they don't come back.... Don't know if that will be of any help :)

I have this done every 2 months, its horrible. Its due to a calcium imbalance in the ear and wax and debris can cause all sort of problems.

If you are feeling dizzy quite a lot, have the GP refer you to ENT for a proper check up under a miscroscopic lens, rather than just the little torch then shine down your ear. They can also prescribe something called Stemetil which can take the edge off of your giddiness.
Another thing to be wary of is as said above make sure you are drinking PLENTY of fluids and also maybe up your iron intake, it could also be related to that.

hope you feel better soon x

Oh bless you I feel for you I really do, I have an ear condition which causes vertigo like symptoms & I know how horrible & scary it can be. I don't think I saw it as a side effect of meds else don't think I would have gone on them..... keep an eye on it so to speak & if it doesn't improve see the GP x

Hobnobs mummy - there is also an exercise you can do called Epleys Manouvere (google it), since I started doing that I am off my meds - it might help x

Oh bless you I feel for you I really do, I have an ear condition which causes vertigo like symptoms & I know how horrible & scary it can be. I don't think I saw it as a side effect of meds else don't think I would have gone on them..... keep an eye on it so to speak & if it doesn't improve see the GP x

Hobnobs mummy - there is also an exercise you can do called Epleys Manouvere (google it), since I started doing that I am off my meds - it might help x

thanks hun is that the one where you throw you head to one side?
Im waiting to go in for an op, two weeks today, to hopefully help sort it a bit. Have had ear problems since I was 2 and too many operations to name. Not much fun being dizzy is it :(

Thats the one mate, it has really helped me. I have a hereditary inner ear condition that has also caused partial hearing loss but that is ok, I manage that fine. The dizziness was the killer but it's been 2 months since my last really bad attack. Good Luck with your op x

Thanks :) Not looking forward to it! Gonna be out of action for up to 4 weeks afterwards, no fun, especially with a Toddler to look after.

Thanks hun, so pleased I got my laptop for my birthday, think I will be needing it for recovery afterwards to stop me from going insane from boredom lol.

Back