Dizzymums Diary

Dizzymum

Hi everyone, I have been lurking around for a while, I am 39 i have 3 children, aged 20, 12, and 3 . and i have had a big issue with my weight since i was about 10, I have yo yo dieted all my life and thought i was doomed to be big for ever, I came across this site by sheer luck,I have started diets a million times and always failed , I never seemed to lose any weight, :sigh: . Then I started reading starlights Diary, Thank you so much for sharing your journey, Thank you does not seem enough to say to you starlight ,You are truley amazing,and inspired me to start ww on tuesday 27th, I have had a few wobbly moments and came on here to give myself a kick up the bum. I just felt i needed to thank you all for helping me. I have 6 stone to lose, I weigh 15 st 9 lbs. and think 9st 9lbs for my short 5ft 2" would be a good goal, my weigh in day will be tuesdays. I am going to succed this time.

Thank you everyone :)

Thank you Starlight :)

Dizzymum x x x

Awww thank you :)

Welcome to the WW gang, look forward to seeing how you get on. If you need any help - just shout :)

I'm newish too hun and also weighing in on Tuesdays! Glad to hear you are feeling inspired to do something, this forum has helped us all motivate ourselves...Throw yourself into it hun, we can all do this together x

welcome :) .... i w.i on a tuesday to.. one thing about this lil group is that were all here for each other and theres always somone who will know an answer to any question ..
good luck hun and keep posting xx

Hi Thank you to everyone for your replies and support, it has really helped me to stick to my points and not cheat.:) It is weigh in day tomorrow, i'm so scared that the scales will not move, or worse go up, I suppose thats from all my faliures in the past.
Last night was nearly a faliure, my lovely son decided to come home after work and order himself a chinese :cry:, then kept offering me some, i said no and gave him the look of death :mad: lol , he then remembered i'm doing ww and hasn't stopped saying sorry since. bless him. i couldn't even have a mouthful as i had no points left.
But i do feel so proud of myself for not giving in like i usually would of.
well i shall have fingers, legs and toes crossed for tomorrow.

Good for you :) ... its so hard to say no isnt it! and especially when whats on offer is so so yummy! ...well done for not having a mouth full! thats quite an acheivment in itself hehe ..

xx

Good for you hun!!! It's tough to say no but putting yourself first and your long-term happiness is more important that a mouthful of food! x You'll see when the scales start moving in the right direction how much happier you are!x

welcome honey!! well done on not giving into that chinese! - thats a really good sign.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on tomorrw xx best of luck x x

Hi everyone,:D Oh my god i have done it, for the first time ever on a diet i have lost weight.... I have lost 5.5 lbs (not that i want it back lol it shall stay lost forever ). I am so pleased i really can't believe it, why oh why did i never try ww before, i tried every other diet going. To see them scales say 15st 3.5 lbs was amazing, i can't believe i am doing it, :D 5.5 lbs :D .

Thankyou all for you messages, I find when i feel down, and this all seems to much to ever achieve, i read your posts, and the amazing storys of success and i know it is not impossible, i can do it, we can all do it.

I really do need help with one thing if anyone can help, My daughter wants help to slim down a bit, The doctor agreed yesterday it would help her if she joined me on ww, but i am doing the at home thingy, i have no idea what sort of points she would need,I did suggest we attend a meeting which she refused as she is embarresed. does anyone know how i would work out a points value for her, she is 12 yrs old weighs 12st 1.5 lbs and is just under 5ft tall. Thank you .

p.s i just rang ww who just told me to take her to a meeting with Gp's letter, i explained that she doesn't want to attend and they just said sorry can't help you then. :sigh:

Dizzymum x x x x

At the top there is a thread which tells you very simply how to work out how many points she would need! You can do it in two minutes x She should do this and join us, always room for one more here! And well done you for having lost so much x You two can help each other and we can help you both! :)

Aww try not to lose heart :) .. what is it you really fancy? or why do you feel your finding it a stuggle maybe we can help?
Have a lovely walk to the park Its quite sunny here today so far ...
xxx

Thanks for the messages, I find the evenings the hardest to cope with, i suffer from boredom comfort eating, i want to eat even though im not actually hungry, :sigh: I do feel a bit better now ive been out for a walk and been trying to give myself a talking too lol . I lost 5.5 lbs last week and i do not want to fail after such a fantastic start. it's just so hard at night not to go and eat the contents of the kitchen and fridge, do any of you have any tips that you find help you get through the evenings. I suppose i could ducktape my mouth shut if all else fails lol ..:p

Dizzymum x x x

Back