do i carry on?

Jenny_b

Gold Member
hi, almost completed my first week on LP and doing great, hunger has gone so feeling pretty good.
just wondering what to do at the end of the month, its my daughters bday followed by mine 3 days later and then mine and hubbys anniversary the week later. obviously i wana eat all my favorite things on my bday and will be going out for several meals so do i stop on just these days or for the week and a half period.
thx

it depends if you can 'control' yourself. If you are planning on eating everything you want then you'll need to refeed for 2 weeks first to try and prevent the weight you have lost creeping back on.

Or you could just go out for a meal and have a sensible meal consisting of chicken/veg/salad.

Again if you want to drink alcohol you definatley need to refeed! Its very dangerous to drink whilst in ketosis.

Personally i would say you are going to have many more birthdays, anniversaries and i wouldnt come off the diet just for the sake of them. You can always celebrate afterwards. :)

Here here, there will always be something that gets in the way, stay on the diet! its the ultimate test of willpower!

I agree, I came off after 2 weeks to celebrate a birthday and went back on after 3 weeks, which was the hardest thing i've ever done. My advice would be to stay on if you can

but eat sensibly - i cant see a chicken balti being sensible. Youll have it, feel bloated and horrible afterwards as you havnt eaten the 'right' foods that you are meant to once finishing a TFR diet. If you dont take it seriously you could end up putting on weight and ballsing up your diet.

its a very hard choice..... i think i would say stick with chicken n salad...... but the drink is prob a no no if u feel u can do with out. or as it was said be fore u wil have another birthday and maybe for ur birthday dont do anything and only ur daughters and ur annaversary.........but chicken balti is heavy and ur weight will just go up and u may just start craving food, some times it harder to get into the diet,
if ur prepared to risk it then go for it it will only set u back a week or two im sure thats not too bad......

Hi jenny, i know how you feel iv just been on holiday, attended my nieces 18th birthday party, went on a trip with my boys , no end of challenges since starting this diet, but i decided not to stop going and have come through the other side ..... it is part of life im afraid that we face such things.. i just saw it as putting myself back a couple of weeks and the sooner i finish the better.. but if you think you can get straight back on lt after having a break its entirely up to you hun, although from reading posts on here every1 finds it much harder to get back into.. but good luck in whatever you decide to do hun xxxx

Hi Jenny,
my advice is stick with LT, I like many more on here have celebrated weddings, parties, gone on holidays and all on LT, without breaking it.
best of luck.
Doirin

thx for all the replies. i know i should stick to it but think im gonna have to eat, might just eat on my bday as already have plans. i could get away with not eating on my daughers birthday as shes only 4 so could resist all the snack food and cake at her party. as for anniversary were going to a show so could prob persuade hubby to eat before we go out. think 1 day wont be 2 bad.
hubby didnt want me to do LT, thinks its bad for you (not that he really knows much about it) one of the conditions was to still go for meals for birthdays etc. yeah think im decided, just my birthday.
thanks for your help ladies, i will make sure im very strict after my eating day, im determined to lose all this fat x x

Jenny, have to agree with all the good advice you have gotten here. Why not promise yourself a special treat at the end of your diet in lieu of celebrating it now. I have kept putting off starting LT because of this or that occasion and now I regret it. think it is worse to start and stop so maybe rethink your options. You can enjoy the fun with a fizzy water whilst thinking of the end result of a new leaner you.

Yep i agree - wait for after. Why would you jeopardise your weight loss journey just for a meal? In my opinion your husband is being inconsiderate by giving you a condition that you can do the diet if you still go for meals ... your weight loss is important, its your health.

But it does seem like you have made your mind up - be warned you may find it extremely difficult to get straight back on track, you will probably have hunger pangs again and have to wait to hit ketosis again if you dont choose a sensible meal.

Food will always be there when you have finished your weight loss journey.

jenny.... i think ur hubby made an agreement that u at on ur birthday or annaversary, i think u should do i. Sure ur hubby doesnt understand but he will be more upset if you dont eat considering it as one of his condition, he prob didnt want u to do the diet as usaid because he doesnt undestand.
u can go back into ur diet one or two day it will take. just do what u heart says
one day isnt the end of the world. some of us ladies have done this diet three times now and we still persistant im sure u will be too

I cant agree more with what everyone has said!

If you are planning on eating naughty foods you must refeed properly to ensure you dont undo all your hard work!

Back