do i carry on ???

dolphin

I have been on lipotrim for 6 weeks tomorrow . I have not cheated at all and drank more than enough water, but for the past three weeks i have not been in ketosis i dont understand at all . they let me carry on this week as i go back tomorrow , and have only been losing 2lb a week i just dont know what to do has anyone else not been in ketosis i swear i have had nothing at all apart from water and my shakes please help dont want to give up

Hi Dolphin,

I really feel for you and complete understand whay you are going though. :)

When I did LL last year I rarely tested in the pink despite hand on heart NEVER cheating, not even a mouthful. The weightloss did contune though and at the end of my 14 week foundation stage I had lost the most of anyone.

By doing a VLCD your body is losing its excess weight the fastest it can so if you are finding that you are able to stick to the diet then continue with it. If you went to another type of diet then just think how little you would be losing ;)

Obviously you need to go be what your chemist says but I just wanted to post this so that you would know that your experience is not unique.

It certainly is worth continuing. I know how downhearted you must be feeling at the moment but I urge you to make the most of this opportunity and to keep going for it.

This is why I don't bother with ketostix. If you are doing the diet right then you can't help but be fat burning. The only thing I would find them useful for was seeing if I was taking in enough water but then last year I was dieting in that really hot summer where everyone was advise to up their water consumption by another 2l's. Won't have that problem during winter ;)

hi chicken thanks so much it s good to hear thats there is nothing wrong with me and its happened to someone else started to think alsorts . i want to keep going as my head is in the right place for this really dont want to stop but dont know if the chemist will let me will have to see what they say tomoz i actually feel like i have lost some weight this week as i havent the last couple so hopefully all is going well we' ll see was thinking maybe do maintenance for a week the going back on it to see if i could reboot it but not sure if that will make a difference once again thanks i feel so much better

Dolphin, when are you testing for ketosis? Its best to test first thing in the morning, when you are dehydrated. If you test later on you may not be getting accurate results as you drink more water and you dilute the ketones. I only get a positive reuslt, even then not very strong, when I test first thing. Also, how is your tongue? If its fuzzy-looking, you are in ketosis.

If you keep just losing 2lb a week and no more than that, you might as well be calorie-counting and eating normal food, I know I would rather do that if I wasnt losing much! I know how frustrating it is to be losing small amounts - that has happened to me for the past 2 weeks but then I am getting quite near goal and building up muscle so its to be expected I guess...

I really hope you keep going hun as you obviously have your head in the right place...:D:D:D

If you keep just losing 2lb a week and no more than that, you might as well be calorie-counting and eating normal food

I'm sorry but I completely disagree with that :eek:

If Dolphin is losing 2lb a week (which surely won't continue at that rate) on an intake of 500(?) cals then imagine what losses would be achieved calorie counting to an intake of double that!

Not only that you don't get the distance from conventional food to think about your relationship with food and you have to use some judgement making it easier to inadvertently cheat.

Each to their own though :D

Indeed, each to their own, but check out Weightlossresources for the facts - its perfectly possible to lose 2lb a week by calorie counting, I've done it myself!

i know i couldnt do it by calorie counting ive tried that before with not much luck i have a very low metabolic rate runs in the family . i always test about 4.30 ish and my wee is like water but when i did it last year i tested in the morning so good idea will take a morning sample tomorrow and see if it makes a difference cheers girls will let you know how i get on tomoz

thank you so much elle i took your advice a did the first morning sample just got back from the chemist yipee my ketones are spot on and lost 4.7 lbs thank you again i was ready to give up

oh yes im so giddie now just the boost i need thanks to you all for your advice and ive finally figured ouy hoe to change my ticker it lokks so much better now ithink:)

thank you so much elle i took your advice a did the first morning sample just got back from the chemist yipee my ketones are spot on and lost 4.7 lbs thank you again i was ready to give up

Hi dolphin,

Well done 4.7lbs is a good weight loss!!!!:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

im that giddie i cant type opps

i know all ready for the new me at xmas and i bought my first pair of skinny jeans yesterday me skinny jeans lol

youve not got long yourself you have done so well 72lbs wow

Isnt it great buying new clothes in small sizes? You look at them, thinking 'can I really fit into those? they are tiny' and YES, you can!!!

well done on a great loss this week dolphin. you havent got much to lose so thats a fab loss. you'll have a fab christmas in those skinny jeans, well done :D

Reactions: Bea
i know all ready for the new me at xmas and i bought my first pair of skinny jeans yesterday me skinny jeans lol

Oh well done you - I have my Levis to get into for Christmas too - cant wait.....you will be fab!!!

Back