Do i need to point the juice from a home made fruit salad?

claireylou87

ive just eaten a lush fruit salad, all fresh fruit, no added juice or syrup, but i was wondering if i can drink the juice at the bottom of the bowl? i havent deliberately juice the fruit, and have eaten all the flesh so im sure itd be fine? am i right???

well, if you go to meetings they now sell fruit bowls for 0pp, a mix of pear and peaches thinly diced into a container. These fruits are COVERED in juice, but the pot is still 0pp. Nowhere in the packaging it's said that you need to drain the fruit to keep the 0pp status, so I normally eat the fruit and drink the juice and put that down as 0pp. Never had a problem with it.

So I would say do drink the juice at the bottom :) it's all natural and 0pp!

thanks, thats what i thought as id have the juice even if it was still inside the fruit lol! as far as im aware you poimt juice as you have more when drinking it and there is alot of sugar that way, so yeah! thanks! xx

well, if you go to meetings they now sell fruit bowls for 0pp, a mix of pear and peaches thinly diced into a container. These fruits are COVERED in juice, but the pot is still 0pp. Nowhere in the packaging it's said that you need to drain the fruit to keep the 0pp status, so I normally eat the fruit and drink the juice and put that down as 0pp.

Sorry but on those WW fruit pots it says on the packaging that if you don't drain them and drink the juice they are 2 points each. Juice that has naturally escaped frpm pieces of fruit like the OP has described should be fine to drink without pointing though.

Sorry but on those WW fruit pots it says on the packaging that if you don't drain them and drink the juice they are 2 points each. Juice that has naturally escaped frpm pieces of fruit like the OP has described should be fine to drink without pointing though.

yes I saw it today... I looked for it and it's written at the bottom of the pack in very small print. I showed it to the other members at my meeting and all thought it was disgusting that WW was so slimy to deceive members like that. My leader also agrees, she thinks that they should have put the 0pp value AND the 2pp value next to each other on the front of the box. She has told all members on all meetings she goes to now. Thanks for pointing it to my attention, it hasn't affected me because I normally have less than the 26pp anyway, but it COULD have affected me...

Hi Kagome - I agree, it's very sneaky indeed as it is written in very small writing. I bought them as I thought they were 0pp for the whole pot so was really disappointed to read they were 2pp. Not good!

Back