Do I or don't I..?

laurenmay

Gold Member
I have my first weigh in with my counsellor today, & will be starting CD tomorrow on SS+, the big question is..

Do I have one last treat blow out this evening & have a complete fresh start tomorrow? Or not..?

I did! But I'm not saying its right. I made sure I had what I really wanted and knew I'd miss most!! To me it was worth it but I'm sure others will have differing opinions :)

That's how I feel! That I need to have one last evening of the foods I love & kick the cravings for them in the butt ready for a fresh start tomorrow :)

Plus, my baby is staying over his nanny's this evening so I can properly veg and chill out :) x

I did too.....just to make sure that I had what I wanted!! Although I didn't go too mad, just made sure that I had a nice meal with my hubby :D I have heard that you aren't supposed to do it but I think that most people do :D

I definately did that for sure!! Had something I really wanted and then some sweets :)

The other thing I do now is if I really crave something I write it down in the notes on my phone, I've promised myself that once I'm back down to target I can pick one thing off the list per week to really enjoy. It keeps me going and looking forward to it.

I've attached my list so far, I'm sure it'll only keep getting bigger as time goes on. I did it the first time I did the diet and never acted on it afterwards, it just helps clear the craving out of my mind.

Attachments

• image-858104338.jpg
    image-858104338.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image-3022471201.jpg
    image-3022471201.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 68
Surfhunny, that's a good idea and I may copy you & give if a try too :) most of the times my cravings are just in my head terrorising me, & maybe if I tried writing them down it'd help get rid of them! :)

I think having a last blow out is a must for me this evening, even though you're right in that it's probably not allowed.. But oh well :) lol x

Im jealous Lauren looool have something lovely xxx

Haha aww don't be jealous missiecb! It's just gonna end up turning into a few lbs of extra fat to add to my ever growing tummy anyway! :(

How long have you been on CD for? :) xx:

laurenmay said:
Surfhunny, that's a good idea and I may copy you & give if a try too :) most of the times my cravings are just in my head terrorising me, & maybe if I tried writing them down it'd help get rid of them! :)

I think having a last blow out is a must for me this evening, even though you're right in that it's probably not allowed.. But oh well :) lol x

It helps me so much, they are totally in my head and once I see them on the page I think "okay, I have permission to have that at a later date", and they become less consuming! I hope it helps you too. Good luck with the diet, it really is the best!

well its a long story loool started on 19th and stuck 100% until sunday when I went out for an anniversary meal.... stuck to SS meal but had a couple of wine spritzers which carried on into the night with bottles of Champagne. So I had a chinese on sunday and im struggling to get back onto it. Its really hard

I had what I wanted. It's easier to deal with the first few days if you have cut down on carbs, but I didn't. I thought feeling deprived for such a long time would be worse.

I have craved mainly fresh stuff, like salads & am currently counting the days til I can have tomatoes - Monday as I start step 3 then! I haven't eaten tomatoes since January. I must admit the smell of chips is a total killer though.

Surfhunny said:
It helps me so much, they are totally in my head and once I see them on the page I think "okay, I have permission to have that at a later date", and they become less consuming! I hope it helps you too. Good luck with the diet, it really is the best!

It does sound like a good idea :) and one I'll probably try! I hope I lose this weight asap, there's nothing worse than usually being a size 8 and 9st 7 & then plummeting up to 12st and a size god knows what! I live in my pyjamas nowadays just to hide away :( and just got asked by a few boys in work if I'm pregnant again.. Oh god! :( x

I had a blow out b4 I started but it wasn't a meal it was all of my favourite convenience snacks, greggs sausage roll, , crisps, scampi fries, sweets and a bueno I had them during the course of the sat afternoon and had planned to have a take away on the sat night, I gave the take away a miss in the end as I felt so bad for stuffing my face I couldn't face the take away on top of the other stuff :)

Enjoy your last meal but try to start in a positive frame of mind, Cambridge is a choice and to succeed on this we must remember we are choosing this as the results are AMAZING. I think if I was feeling deprived all of the time I would have given up but now I reassure myself if I want food I can have it at ANY time but I chose not to as I know the effect it would have on me :)

Good luck on your journey x

AnnieAnnie said:
I had what I wanted. It's easier to deal with the first few days if you have cut down on carbs, but I didn't. I thought feeling deprived for such a long time would be worse.

I have craved mainly fresh stuff, like salads & am currently counting the days til I can have tomatoes - Monday as I start step 3 then! I haven't eaten tomatoes since January. I must admit the smell of chips is a total killer though.

That's true.. I was told to cut down on carbs or cut then out completely a couple of days before, but like you I'd rather enjoy my food and myself for one more evening & then get my head into diet mode and deal with feeling deprived...

Oh god I hate tomatoes! Lol

angelupnorth said:
I had a blow out b4 I started but it wasn't a meal it was all of my favourite convenience snacks, greggs sausage roll, , crisps, scampi fries, sweets and a bueno I had them during the course of the sat afternoon and had planned to have a take away on the sat night, I gave the take away a miss in the end as I felt so bad for stuffing my face I couldn't face the take away on top of the other stuff :)

Enjoy your last meal but try to start in a positive frame of mind, Cambridge is a choice and to succeed on this we must remember we are choosing this as the results are AMAZING. I think if I was feeling deprived all of the time I would have given up but now I reassure myself if I want food I can have it at ANY time but I chose not to as I know the effect it would have on me :)

I would've put away so much more food than that! Lol.. I must have worms or something, cause on an evening where I'm not dieting (which lately has been all the time) I'll eat - four tesco finest white floured rolls with butter, a tesco finest beef lasagne with extra cathedral city grated cheese on top, two share bags of giant milky buttons, 2 bars of chocolate, a big dessert like cake & custard or something and two bottles of dr pepper :O it's disgusting!!

I'm going to try and go into the frame of mind that you have :) nothing could possibly taste as good as being skinny feels!'

Thank you and good luck to you too :) x

MissieCB said:
well its a long story loool started on 19th and stuck 100% until sunday when I went out for an anniversary meal.... stuck to SS meal but had a couple of wine spritzers which carried on into the night with bottles of Champagne. So I had a chinese on sunday and im struggling to get back onto it. Its really hard

I replied to you once already, but it doesn't seem to have shown up!... I totally empathise with you, if I spoil my diet by eating one little thing my tummy instantly takes over & I end up pigging out excessively! :( and then it's all downhill from there & so difficult to get back into the swing of dieting.

But you're so strong for having a SS meal when you've gone out for a meal! I know for certain that I don't have that type of discipline!

Yeah I guess just can't control myself after alcohol lol xx o well just going to have 2nd cd thing and I'm dying to have it xx

angelupnorth said:

Fab attitude Angel, and one I'd do well to remember when I find it tough going. X

Back